If an idea at first does not seem absurd, there is no hope for it. - Albert Einstein
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Does GOD Not Existed? - Page 5

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Elemental is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wow...
I will keep this short so I don't rant.

First, I am a guy, male gender, man. Not a girl.

Reading and quoting the bible does not make one righteous. And living without knowing it, or without quotes memorized, does not make you a bad person. I read the scriptures, but I live them by teh heart, you by the mind. You might be smart, but I live what I have learned from the scriptures as part of my life without having to think about them.
Get the point? Who cares if you can quote the bible, try living by it.

What would me being angry mean that I think you are right? I am angry because I think you are stupid, I shall put it bluntly. Through this, I do not care if I mock you. You said to dumb teen on others that they should not expect getting through this topic without trials because they stepped on toes. And if you are so familiar with the bible, you reap what you sow, right? By your words and reason, I put before you what I honestly think of you:

You don't get it. You avoid what I speak to you and what I argue. You continue to play a mockery on me rather than deal with the debate as you call it. Though no debate at all, because in a battle of witts, I believe I would have you outdone. You do not argue! You just make fun of people!
You have not listened to any of the spirit in these posts written, you only care on presenting yourself as the best person here!
Besides that, your grammar is... terrible. Sometimes I can't understand the points you are trying to get across because it is stupid.
You are so frusterating, it is like talking to a kindergartener that is a spoiled brat and must have their way despite the effects thereof. We can't get anything into your head.

Last... do not compare yourself in righteousness to Jesus.
I love Jesus for what he has done for me. I have tried to imagine what he had to go through, and it scares me.
YOU ARE IN NO WAY LIKE JESUS! That is sick to even try to say that you are as righteous as him to defend yourself.
Jesus did things differently than what you are doing.
It is just simple. You are not close to what Jesus is.
Tell me how you are like him.

Infact, get mad. I would rather you be mad than ignorantly at bliss.

That was a short as I could bare. I doubt you will ever understand what so many of us have really been fighting over, becuase you will not try.

"Fate is the shadow cast by the light of our choice. We can change our fate by altering that light."
 38yrs • F •
stella_hond is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I didn't say i'm like JESUS, I said:
If only you read the bible, then you'll know the names God call those who refuse to believe in Him.

Reading and quoting the bible does not make one righteous. And living without knowing it, or without quotes memorized, does not make you a bad person. I read the scriptures, but I live them by teh heart, you by the mind. You might be smart, but I live what I have learned from the scriptures as part of my life without having to think about them.
Get the point? Who cares if you can quote the bible, try living by it.

So, in other words, quoting bible means that not living according to the word????????
You're confusing youself.

So Elemental?????How would you call pastors, that always are quoting from the bible????? And how do u react to the word of God on sundays????? Because not every preaching comes in your favour???????????

You started saying that i'm smart en ended with me being stupid??????? wauw, now i truely can that you're a confused boy.
My grammar is terrible, but who says:I would rather you be mad .

The bible also says in proverbs that a men/person who calls his/her fellowmen stupid/fool is the bigest fool of all time and ignorant.

Stella

"life is about musik"
 36yrs • M •
"If you think i'm sick, then you'll call Jesus the most sickest person who existed in the world." ~Stella
and then:
"I didn't say i'm like JESUS, I said:
If only you read the bible, then you'll know the names God call those who refuse to believe in Him."

Stella... I have long since accomplished my goal as far as I can see to explain that hating God is not a good reason for not believing in him. I would be finished with this topic, had it not been because of you.
I have tired of your words and , though small it is, your witt. I would have left in peace and state that nieher of us could possibly change the other's mind. But I iknow that you would say that I iwould be giving up, and you would think yourself victorious. Because you would think that I was a failiure, I will not quit.

At the end of the quote you held me by, it says:
"Who cares if you can quote the bible, try living by it."
By that I was talking to you saying that you quote the bible but you do not live much of it's moral teachings.
Most pastures and preachers live the moral teaching out of the quotes they have memorized, and by this they are successful.
You are no preacher, you are no Jjesus. I also acknowledge that I am not. I am just trying to get a point across.

Like many different kinds of strenghts and weaknesses, there are many kinds of smarts and stupids.
You might be smart to memorize scriptures or at the least find their referances and use them to your advantage, but that is one kind of smart.
You are not at all bright about many other things. Nor at all wise. You should know the saying, being smart is having knowledge, being wise is knowing how to use it.

"I would rather you be mad"
Take that to your english teacher, ask him if it is at all english.

"Fate is the shadow cast by the light of our choice. We can change our fate by altering that light."
 57yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Dreamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If God, Who is love, did not exist, then love would not exist. Just a vast waste and void filled with evil, and hate. For the absense of God is a void, and hatred. Ergo evil.
Therefore, we would not exist nor would there BE.
Justing being prooves there is a God.
There is no way we would be here otherwise. Because even with much scientific research in the cloning and the other dna studies. There is no way for dna to exist without life to be here first.
And life did not come from an explosion. Nor did it evolve from primitive means. It is a highly developed factor that could not evolve from rock and dirt. Since the time man existed on earth via creation, NEW animals did NOT just pop up out of the grounds, BUT evolved from species already in existence.
That in itself prooves the theory of the bang is nothing but nonsense.
A void is just that. Air also has components that can not be made, created or otherwise exist without a Higher Being.
Etc etc etc.
Evolution goes in hand with Creationism. The species were created, and sub species formed after. But since the Creation....New animals of themselves have not occured from rocks and dirt. Only evolved from what already existed via Creation.
http://loveandwar.proboards23.com/index.cgi

"Even though is difficult, I can still dream."
 36yrs • M •
You've got to be careful with that though.
A few things. First, some people do not believe that God is love, so that principal does not work for them. Two, if God is love, then what is hate, sadness, ect.? Three, if God is the only spirit representing something, then he is also evil and and hates, ect.
But then I guess you are saying that, like light and darkness, evil is the absense of good, not an opposing force.

If you say that there is a God because that is the only way we can exist, how do you explain that he started existing?

I believe as you do with the theory of what science has to say about creation. We don't evolve from rocks. There is a God and he mastered the universe to create our bodies. Also, the reason why animals change today is because they adapt to what is going on, not because of evolution.

57yrs • F •
Two, if God is love, then what is hate, sadness, ect.? Three, if God is the only spirit representing something, then he is also evil and and hates, ect.

We have a univerese, God is vast like the universe, and infinite as the universe. he gave us this so we could understand His essense. His being is not from a beginning, nor an end. Just as the universe has no beginning and no end. The human mind simply cannot comprehend this. Because we know of only beginnings and only ends.
Also, God is not evil, nor hate. The 'absense' of Him who Am, is the polar qualities of His self.
Look at evil, it is given a birth in Satan, and was introduced to mankind thru the beguiling and deceptive serpent whom he took form.
The actual fact we as humans were given into temptation, has taken much of our innocence away. We now have carnal knowledge, and knowledge of good and bad. Through our own desires to HAVE these.
We are duped yet today as we were in the garden of eden.
IF you feel you would or anyone would have made a different choice regarding the fruit, I feel that is an error in judgement. At the rate today, people are easily distracted from God by the still present evil who has one mission. To have brought in evil in all forms, inclusive to diseases and hatred, and pin it on God. WHO is not at fault, but Satan is.
For those who do not believe in GOD< there is not enough proof because they see with eyes, and hear with ears, but take it ALL for granted.
The very 'senses' they have should be enough to show them. It is a wonder how we are here. And there has yet been proof from an aethiest the THEORY of evolution and BANG theory as the central argument for how we came to be....but NONE have proffered actual and substantial evidence. No need for me to take time to explain God, or proof He is here. I said my peace, and God either wants to show them or He doesn't. That is where prayer comes in.
Hard hearts are unyeilding, lest God softens it.
NOTE: Saul became Paul.

One other key thought, why was MAN given such a high intelligence as say compared to a monkey, a dolphin, a lizard? Why would nature choose to create mankind and give them all the qualities of intelligence, and reasoning?

ALL animals if 'created' from the same rocks and dirt would have the same as we. And the variety in itself of animals is key too.
In the animal kingdom we have mammals, reptiles, birds, fish, and single celled life. I find it preposterous to believe we all CAME from the same rocks, but had comparatively and vastly different and complicated dna structures, and brain development.

GET REAL!

36yrs • M •
lol, in a sense of being appropriate to the topic:
Amen.

I was wondering, have you read the argument between DumbTeen and myself a few pages ago? It talks about the same thing with God being pinned with fault, but I argued that we have freedom that he gave us, and he does not mess with it. It involves what you are talking about.

57yrs • F •
Not sure if I am thinking the same post. Perhaps I did, and replied.

I have yet for an aetheist to PROOVE to me we have no God.
Ergo, my new post.

38yrs • F •
stella_hond is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.

Hi Elemental,

you thought you've won,

i didn't reply, because i've busy with something else.
Are you still mocking people

Just as it's written in proverbs, any fool can start an argument, but it takes the wise to stay out of it.

I won the moment you started mocking and insulting me at the moment i placed the scriptures, that's when you lose your guard.
Because you know i was right.

if you don't see on this thread agian, don't think, it's because you've won.

Stella

"life is about musik"
 36yrs • M •
I won a great while ago. You just don't have the wisdom to see it.
I know I have one in my mind because I believe I am right.

You still don't get it, and you are still trying to get around all the things we have talked about just for your pride.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
you both think youve "won" but the fact is, neither of you have gotten anywhere. thats a loss for both of you in my mind.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
To put it bluntly, since I have joined captain cynic, by far this has turned out be the worst thread. It's like everyone is having a petty school argument. Majority of the people here are just voicing their opinions., withought presenting any logical argument. There are certain individuals, whom I would urge to start a new thread to decide whose the real 'mocker', otherwise please present some argument which can be discussed, or shut up.And another thing, stella, the whole purpose of this site is to let people voice their opinions, and no one has any right to discourage them.

Anywayz. By the way dreamer, who gave you the idea that evolution says that life evovled from 'rocks'?And I dont why evolution and creationisim are so oposed to each other, cause they compliment each other.
To put it very breaifly, after the big bang, various particles such as quarks slowly joined togather to form more complicated particles like atoms and molecules. Then tiny organisims were formed made up of a few molecules(like the ones we are made up of, e.g cells), and eventually we were created.

Anyway, so the only reason that dumb teen( and majority of people) beleve that God doesn't exist is because there is too much evil, meaning God does not exist. Well, as a first step, even if God is evil, that doesn't mean He doesn't exist !
And as every one is saying, He gave us free will, so we and only we are responsible for our actions, not God. Now that the 'evil' God argument has been finished, what other reasons does anyone have against the existence of God ?

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well... Not all evil comes from men and free will. I mean earthquakes, diseases and floods aren't any fault of men.

But anyway, there real reason not to believe in God is that there's no reason to. He never shows himself, proves himself, shows evidence.

That is, unless he has acted in one's life.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Again, earth quakes etc have got nothing to do with God.

God is the most logical conclusion. It to some extent ansewrs the question of origion.To answer the question of where do we come from and how, the most logical one is God.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
when God does act in a persons life, it is impossible for that person to prove it has happend. despite all of the so called "miracles" over the years, countless people still do not and will not ever believe in the exsistence of god. god could appear before every living soul and say "hey im god, yep im real" and many would still not believe. also people who claim they have "seen" god are considered insane most of the time.

also non man made "evil" can be explained by the abscense of god. although, the "abscense of god" theory can be discounted by the fact that god is supposidly everything.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
Does GOD Not Existed? - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy