Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

If god exist why doesn't he show himself to the world?

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gari is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sometimes the most complex question can be answered very simple. I know what the answer to this question is, do you?

41yrs • M •
Doctor Nobody is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I don't think it's a complex question at all; yet, a good one.
I can think of a few answers...
-wouldn't like to argue with humans until the end of time
-it's too funny to see humans argue with eachother on their own, why change a winning entertainment format ?
-wouldn't like humans to kill eachother even more than before
-couldn't care less about humans
-doesn't even know humans exist
-still can't believe he-she-it exists
-been there, done that, but rebuilding the world is too much work
-must wait to see the answers on the thread

""For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple, neat, and wrong.""
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"A human being is a part of a whole, called by us _universe_, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest... a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison for us, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free ourselves from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature in its beauty." -- Albert

The souce and the end of this is God. What is it, do you think, that allows the unimaginable (to us) physical laws of this universe to operate? What is it that causes gravity and other such forces to act consistently so to cause the image to us of a table. In fact, the computer that your looking at now is composed of various atoms which will, in and of themselves by about a year all have dissappeared from the computer. Yet the cmputer still maintains a form.

The word 'God' does not, to me at least, mean the man who sits upstairs and judges our actions. No that sounds like a dictator.

I don't really call this God, but spirituality. To me, there is definitely something more than mere physical objects. This is not mysticism of blind faith, but of that sheer intensity of feeling, not thinking but feeling, that answers can be found if you know the way to seek them.

I cant explain this more, just have faith in your self and persevere...keep digging, keep asking why. Let your mind be open to possibilities that are not circumscribed by the normal 'rational' thought. Certainly this is the very trait that the most successful people have questioned...think on this..

""No words""
 35yrs • M •
I think that what your feeling is that your brain can't comprehend how overwhelming complex the _universe_ is.

BTW I don't believe in god

41yrs • M •
hahaha....Of course my mind can't. But it can comprehend some of it. And it wants to somprehend more. And I'm still not sure whether I believe in God, because I dont even know what it is. Ask yourslef why you don't believe in God. No in fact first ask what God could be....

""No words""
 35yrs • M •
Gods are almighty unnatural beings who are immortals. That are gods. I think the word god is used for things other then that description on this board, so you don't talk about a ' god' anymore, right? rather name it osmething else

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think if he existed and showed himself that would kind of beat the whole purpose of what we're going through...

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 35yrs • M •
what's the purpose? if god shows himself to me (whil I'm not drunk or under influence by any kind of drug) I while dedicate my life to him. until then: screw him

41yrs • M •
hahaha...

Just for the time being. Imagine a clock. A clock tells the time and time is measured by clocks...think about this for a wee while.

Now, between the 'ticks' and the 'tocks' as in drawings and the dots that make the lines...and the lines that make the dots. Can the immortal unnatural (what's unnatural?) beings be that in these moments. I'm not saying 'they' are...but I am saying could 'they' not be?

""No words""
 35yrs • M •
Time can also be told by day/night, and the sun. And time is absolute, as I mentioned before. I don't understand the lines dots thing. And unnatural is not natural of course, just like inhuman and human. the substance ' god' would be made of is unnatural

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I once knew a man who was really rich. So wealthy that he knew that people acted unnatural around him. So he suppressed this to see how it would feel to be "normal" and how people would treat him if they didn't think he was rich. He soon learned that many were his friends simply because he was rich. Perhaps God, if he exists, is also like this. He wants to see who will follow him even if there is chance of him being non-existent.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 41yrs • M •
Time is relative to the observer. It varies. It is not constant. Its not like a arrow that you shoot and measure. The order of mathematics that assumes from your position on this earth according to those of law are fascinating. But one observer will see the same effect according to your position as you BELIEVE to be so.

Thus time is not constant and thus the 'law of time' is not so because if it only occurs the same sometimes and not all the time, it is not a law. The only law we do have, and I'm not really sure of this is the law of proceeses, flows.

And when we analyse the material (the natural) we assume it due to its constituent parts. But we ask, what is the timiest fragment of an atom? and we just give up because the mind (also finite) cannot comprehend what infinity.

And it is due to this, I feel, cant prove of course, but feel, that the observed is like the experiment in physics where you allow water to drop and if you put a flashlight upon it and vary the frequency of gaps of 'time' between the luminesence periods then you achive something that appears not to be moving when in fact it is. The same operates everywhere all the time perhaps?

I muddles the lines dots thing up, but the point being imagine a line. Now the dots that constitute this line are themselves made up of even tinier lines (when viewed from a similar size as the dot) and thus what we perceive to be is of course dependent on scale.

The workings of that computer screen are visible because its of similar size to you...and the picture only becomes apparent when you haven't got your face pushed right up against the screen. What then becomes natural and what becomes unnatural depends upon the judgemnt of the observer and his intelligence. But intelligence is like logic...if the end and start are off then the picture may be precise but not necessarily accurate.

There's a whole world, universe and cosmic imagination at our doorsteps. We can choose to sit in the mat of culture or we can stand up and open the unyet unlocked doors. This life doesnt last long. Its up to yous

""No words""
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Disenchanted is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you ask me, God does show "himself" to the world. I think God is existance and everything in it, thus we see God every time we open our eyes, even if we don't realize it. The grass is God. Mashed potatoes are God. My grandmothers' corns are God etc.

I'm slightly frustrated in knowing that many people see God as some white-bearded man with a gauze-effect and a list of who's been naughty and who's been nice. Even though it gives them a concept of right and wrong, it's an external one that they accept just to get through a set of imaginary pearly gates. They could be spending their time actually looking inside themselves to find out who they really are and what they think is right.

35yrs • F •
Dude... you just blew my mind.

I find this whole human being thing very frustrating, in a "ramming our heads against a brick wall" sort of way. We know that we're limited in terms of what our conscious mind and senses will allow us to experience and comprehend, but we also have to deal with knowing that our consciousness is, very likely, merely a mosquito bite on the ass of infinity...

Alas, just smart enough to know we ain't got a clue.

35yrs • F •
I assume this would take a while!

Though even if we reach the limit of our dimension and are satisfied, wouldn't it be just that - our limit? The knowledge that we are unable to fully comprehend dimensions beyond our own would still exist, even if we had no desire to go further. So still, we would be caged in terms of living in the world of form. Satisfied and at our limit, but said limit still includes the knowledge that more exists beyond it.

1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy