Remember, remember, the fifth of November, the gunpowder treason and plot. I know of no reason why the gunpowder treason should ever be forgot - Hugo Weaving as "V"
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

If god exist why doesn't he show himself to the world? - Page 7

User Thread
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Mr.T is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I strongly disagree and if she was able to make the money she would of.

"Yesterdays History Tomorrows a Mystery"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
I strongly disagree

Ok I know you disagree, but why? The point to posting is trying to start a discussion. It is hard to discuses this topic when you don't back up what you say. You give no justification for your points which makes your argument look weak.

quote:
if she was able to make the money she would of.

Then why was she not able to make the money? If your believe in god and his omnipotence then that means god did not want her to make the money right?

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 29yrs • M •
But your sayin he can give her the oppurtunity but whats the oppurtunity gonna be an automatic job that pays on the first day no he just HAD to give it her.

34yrs • M •
But your sayin he can give her the oppurtunity but whats the oppurtunity gonna be an automatic job that pays on the first day no he just HAD to give it her.

No I just saying if there was a god he would not work like welfare.

I trying to make the point that her problem is insignificant compared to the other problems in the world i.e. famine, death, war, genocide.

And if there were a god he would fix those and not be concerned with monetary needs

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 29yrs • M •
But your not listening it WAS her angel.

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Mr.T your missing the point, the point is that it doesn't matter if its her angel or if it was a damn unicorn the message is the same, it didn't happen. You have stated nothing proving the existence of an all omnipotent god in are universe.

You have said nothing logical or even spiritually that would lead anyone to change there opinion. Your the kind of brain washed happy go luck kid I was when I was your age.

For your own sake I hope that you stay a member of this site so when you choose to open your eyes you will have informed people around to help you make that the right decision.

The point that cryptic is trying to make doesn't have anything to do with the money or what form the enlightened being takes on. It has to do with the fact that this lady probably had the same problem the next month, with her house. If she couldn't afford it that month. $100 is not that hard to come by. If that's all she needed someone from your church i guarantee you would've just given it to her.

The fact is I a 18 year old boy have done similar things to help people out. The fact is when you give charity, people expect it more and more. A responsible god would've solved her issue by one means or another or have let her learn.

You just need to open your eyes and at least become informed with your beliefs.

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 29yrs • M •
Well what about her husband Tom he was working at someones house and then the person gave him a onethousand dollar check (and thats not even his pay) and he asked her why is she doing this and she said beacause god told me it's the right thing to do.

34yrs • M •
quote:
Well what about her husband Tom he was working at someones house and then the person gave him a onethousand dollar check (and thats not even his pay)

Mr. T this in not an act of god this is an act of charity. Like Zach said money trouble seems to be a constant reoccurrence for these two.

quote:
he asked her why is she doing this and she said beacause god told me it's the right thing to do.

People give charity all the time I give to the poor not because god told me to because it is the right thing. People do, do things on their own accord. an act of charity is not an act of god.

29yrs • M •
But she didnt know he needed it. And heres another example this guy was handicapped they prayed for him at church and that day at the church he stood up and walked.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You can give examples of what you think are God's intervention until you are blue in the face Mr. T but there will always be ways to refute them. Somebody who is handicapped may very well be able to walk short distances with enough adrenaline. You can't pray a person's legs back on if they are an amputee, however. At least it's never happened to my knowledge.

Try looking for God outside of the bible. If you do the research you will find that its credibility has been taken down to dust.

Now the topic at hand is why God doesn't show himself if he does in fact exist. The problem is there is a division in those who believe God is showing himself and those who remain skeptical for various reasons.

Those who believe in God or some form of higher power typically believe he is showing himself in various ways while those who do not believe in God spend all of their time explaining away the possibility of God's existence.

Why would God allow this division? Must it exist in order to demonstrate free will?

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 29yrs • M •
Well God is so great he will let people speak there mind.That's why there can be a division.

33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that zachf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What wyote has to say Mr.T is correct, if you want to find out who you are spirituality. If you search the world around you, you can find many answers to all your problems, it is just selecting one and sticking with it that will lead to success in this process. Good luck!

"Whether we wake or we sleep, Whether we carol or weep, The Sun with his Planets in chime, Marketh the going of Time. -Edward Fitzgerald"
 29yrs • M •
Ok i think people just have to find the next voice to tell them what to do but seriously i got that from Family Guy so it might be wrong.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If god is an infinite being, then god must exist in an infinite dimension (i know there are infinite-infinite's so save that part)

a two dimensional figure can't experience and three dimensional figure, just as a three dimensional figure cannot experience an infinitely dimensional figure.

HOWEVER, that only applies to the physical being.

I don't think anyone really will know for sure, other than speculation, how many dimensions the mind is capable of. I think at least four.

It may explain why sightings of a supreme being can only be seen by the observer(one's mind)

I think if God does exist, he couldn't show himself even if he wanted to, because our bodies are just not capable.... the most he can show himself is in three dimensions, which in his position would be basically nothing at all.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 29yrs • M •
yeah i agree

If god exist why doesn't he show himself to the world? - Page 7
  2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy