Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

If god exist why doesn't he show himself to the world? - Page 8

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that allimar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You know what. I am glad I am godless. I am happy that I am free of fear of a mythological being. Also more important, should any of us been born in the Middle East into any of the popular religions, you would grow up to follow what you were told. Whatever foolish nonsense that would be. And you would be out killing others for not believing in your true religion.

But I would be hung, as a free man.

"The more you learn, the less you know."
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Mr.T is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Just wait till judgement day.Then what will you be saying Allimar?

"Yesterdays History Tomorrows a Mystery"
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Who's to say there is even going to be a Judgment Day? You speak as if you're so sure?

Allimar is speaking of the same thing you've just displayed for us all. With empty threats, deranged mindsets yeah that sounds like the effects of these teachings.

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 40yrs • M •
Let's see, the past 8 year's religious conservatives have been running the country.
A couple of wars and a crumbling economy of the most powerful nation in the world later, here we are.

How, let me ask you, how in the world can you follow those people. How could you follow a group of people who are so disastrous to anything they touch? All in the pursuit of gold and power. If god wanted to show himself to the world, you would think those whom worship him would be able to take a country, that's set up so well all you have to do is follow the ball, and make it better. Solve global problems; bring about an area of peace and prosperity. Shoot at least prosperity.

I am calling out every single religious fanatic out there (if this offends you then odds are your one of them). Because of the leaders you followed so blindly, we are following them to a glorious death. Because of your ignorant, foolish, and faithful leaders, the WORLD is suffering.
I would ask also why everyone so blindly allowed the bush administration to turn himself into an 8 year monarch. But I guess nothings is more holly than following a king, one of which was ordained by god to lead us to peace and prosperity.

But hay, I'm sure you could practice your holly despotism up in heaven.

And the 13 year old calling yourself Mr.T, religious people don't believe in technology. So you, or your children, or somewhere downs the line should you actually follow your beliefs. They will die on this planet because of a number of possible scenarios that would make this rock uninhabitable by humans. One of which being a crusade by some religion out there trying to kill someone else for not believing in the truth.
People like me? We won't be here. You can bet your barbaric nature that we will be doing everything we can to get out in space and clone move all the plants and animals to probably a man terra-formed planet, and prosper. Because we understand the place where conflict and wars should be. In games. Nothing more.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't need religion I have a conscience

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
but what is a conscience if it is not something molded by the morality of the social engineering of people in power to control people en mass. I mean religion is just an old fashioned word for government in my opinion and it is religious teachings, government legislation and media influence that molds what essentially is in your conscience of right and wrong in the first place.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How do you differentiate between what really is the conscience of the pure soul and what is influenced by the rest of society and global consciousness?

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that CrypticTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
How do you differentiate between what really is the conscience of the pure soul

What is the definition of a pure soul?

I can only speak in the contents of my life; I would define my self as a pure soul and I base this off of my interactions with others and the standards that I hold my self to. I do feel that society's norms plays a role in evolving our conscious, but I feel there are many other factors as well. It is this culmination of influences and experiences that creates ones consciousness. I think you can get an idea but you can not truly differentiate between what really is the conscience of the pure soul and what is influenced by the rest of society and global consciousness.

quote:
I mean religion is just an old fashioned word for government in my opinion and it is religious teachings, government legislation and media influence that molds what essentially is in your conscience of right and wrong in the first place.

I would agree with the statement 'religion is just an old fashioned word for government' but I don't believe that religious teachings, government legislation and media influence are the sole factors in shaping our conscious. Consciousness is the act of autonomously modulating attentional and computational effort, usually with the goal of obtaining, retaining, or maximizing specific parameters, Consciousness may involve thoughts, sensations, perceptions, moods, emotions, dreams, and an awareness of self, although not necessarily any particular one or combination of these. It is not black and white the factors that make up ones consciousness vary to such a degree it is almost unimaginable in my opinion.

""Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth" -oscar wilde"
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that forgottentruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
well, i belive he doesn't show himself (if he's real that is) because he can't get involved with mankind. but, thats what i think so its probably realy dumb

"All we see or seem; is but a dream within a dream. - Edgar Allan Poe"
 40yrs • M •
I thought this was made clear about what is a concious and or a soul. Here we go...
Its not your memories because you can lose them, because your soul is immortal then its not a part of it.
Its not yoru mood because your mood is definded by chemical balances in your body. So its not that due to it being effected by physical matter.
Its not your thought process because we are able to track what electronic patters occure in your mind and determin why. So this is also a physical trait.

Now, if your content in believeing we somehow have this soul thats discussed and that we will live forever after death however with no recolection, or idea of who or what we are... with no way to manipulate any dimention then go right ahead in believing that we have a soul. Logically speaking, we dont. We are meirly animals gifted with a sofisticated orgin able to process information and manipulate thought.

30yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that SUPERBEAST is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
BUT WHAT IF GOD IS REAL AND IS SHOWING HIS/HERSELF BUT WE ARE TOO WEAK MINDED TO NOTICE ANY HOLY ACTS PERFORMED?

"i wanna hurt you just to hear you screamin' my name"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Then he should "shout" like you are.

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 40yrs • M •
Superbeast,
Right back atchya!
What if you have been lied too and brain washed all these years and was too weak minded to know any better?
Remember anything in regards to religion is taught, not discovered.

30yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that SUPERBEAST is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i must thank you allimar for you commenting upon my words

but yes i can see the sense you speak i am a non-believer so i cant personally say if "God" is real

"i wanna hurt you just to hear you screamin' my name"
 35yrs • M •
Martyson is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Two simple answers to this question both found somewhere in the bible.
Faith....If god should himself it would defeated the point of faith.
And
We arent pure.God sent his son JC to save us because God cant handle sin.We are sinful so we would be destroy if we saw him as he is pure.

They not he quotes but that the quote broke down

If god exist why doesn't he show himself to the world? - Page 8
  2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy