Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

If god exist why doesn't he show himself to the world? - Page 9

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that nyrlathotep is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
this is in response to martysons last reply and the originial question.

\\\"If god exist why doesn\\\'t he show himself to the world?

If God created the universe than god created the universe from himself. if their was any thing at all besides himself that he did not create than he did not create the universe but only molded it. If god is real then god is literaly all things. we as animals are simply pieces of god aware of godself.

in reply to martysons comment I have to give a suggestion to all people who practice any \\\"faith\\\". Faith is not a virtue. Faith is not even a vice. I put faith down to this. When I wake up in the morning and get out of bed I need to have faith that I wont fall through the floor. I have to have faith that when i go to sleep my wife isnt going to slit my throat. when i am indoors i need to have faith that my house isnt filling up with a deadly gass or radiation before i take a breath. some faith is unconcious unquestioning and valid. but it is only faith. did goliath have faith in his gods before he died? did murderous and thieving religious leaders politicions and other bastards of all history and cultures have faith? yes. To Follow any religions with real effectiveness one needs to concentrate on the fruits of ones thoughts and labour.

"i have nothing original to say."
 31yrs • M •
CreativeDoom is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I dont realy believe that there is such a thing as god... I believe that there is something out there, something that we humans call GOD .... but I dont think that god is some guy walking on clouds whith white long hair and a beard whoes son is some guy called Jeuzus... Infact I think that the church is covering up something... So in conclution I dont believe in GOD or some other made up people who were called saints and all powerfulls... They all are just miths to mke sure that humans dont do things that could destroy humanity, thats why god was created, to make sure we followt he rules

"Time will kill us all... Time..."
 61yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Tracer165 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It is clear to me that to know how to fix my car I must first study the manual. Since there are many different parts to a car, the engine, the transmission, the chassis and so on, then there are many things that I must get really familiar with to understand how it all works. I use to believe that as far as religion and God goes, my opinion was as good as the next. The same holds true for fixing your car, you can ignore the manual and put sugar in your gas tank thinking that it will do no harm but you will soon realize that your opinion on that was wrong. The same holds true with God. One can have many opinions but they all can be wrong. Its not until you read the manual (the Bible) that you can understand God. I like many of you had my own ideas of what God was or wasn't. I have walked this earth now for 46 years, which may not seem like a lot to some but for the last 15 years I have applied myself to understanding the whole God and Bible picture. Habakkuk 1:5 tells us God will work a work in your day that you would not believe though a man declare it to you. I am living proof of the fulfillment of that. I have been asked to speak and have spoken at many churches and even on TV. I have taught classes and I have put my learning up against many beliefs both of the various churches and of them who choose not to believe. If you want to hear something that can make the most rigid atheist change and become a believer, you will most likely never hear it. As Mark Twain once said, 'a man convinced against his will, is of the same opinion still'. There is a verse in the Bible (John 8:32), that reads 'And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.' When you find it, then you will understand more than you ever thought was possible, you will understand why from one Bible there can be a thousand different churches. Oh that I could talk to you face to face. Again it is written, 'James 1:5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraided (without prejudice)not; and it shall be given him. One reason there are some many different view points is that people are not asking God, they're asking everyone but God. As it say's, ask and it SHALL be given to you. We are also told that we receive not because we ask not.
So why doesn't God show Himself? If He did we would be consumed by His glory and if He were to shield us somehow from that, then we would follow Him out of fear or some other reason that may not be to our best interest. The same reason Satan does not reveal himself, it would point you to God. There can't be a devil without a God, right. Satan's desire for you is this, that you suffer the same penalty reserved for him and his angels. Isaiah 42:22 But this is a people robbed and spoiled; they are all of them snared in holes, and they are hid in prison houses(the grave): they are for a prey, and none delivereth; for a spoil, and none saith, Restore. (bring back to life) God has given you all the proof you need in creation alone, if you would study that then you will see. This is why He has given you a Sabbath, so every seventh day you can look back and remember that you too are a part of His creation and not from a pool of slim developing over millions of years. Satan must hold his gut in laughter when he see's people falling for that one.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gazbollokface is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think "God" doesn't show him/herself for fear of getting beaten on all our online games then getting tea-bagged horrifically when I Pwn his/her butt on the likes of the mighty game known universally as HALOOOOOOOOO!!!

By the way, I'm taking the piss outta both subjects! (Teabags)

Besides, the Dalai Lama is WAYYYY cooler, kinda like Buddha!

"People like me hate people like you!"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ParallelShabba is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
God doesn't show himselpf plainly for the fact he has better things to do such as make my life a great big misery thankyou almighty lord for being an alimighty prick

"If you try to fix violence with violence you do nothing but create violence"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PIGGZY is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hahahahahahah trumpets

"i am a coconut short of a banana tree"
 36yrs • M •
zahid mayo is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I think that "The discussion on God" is very intrusting Topic for wisting ur time...Because,no one can see the God(even if u believe that GOD exist)There r some religions those believe that God exist every where,in every single part off the universe.in every religion,No one brief the body of God.The one common thing in all religion is common that God like the Goodness.Every normal person has the same standered about Good and evil.I think ,if we take it positive there is no reason to discuss this topic.
Because it is human nature that he has to follow someone,if u believe on God or not.u r following some school of thought.it is just like ur other natural desires,like u r hungry,there r thousands types of food,it is up to u ,what u choose for eat.Just like that u have to follow some one,it can be a social system or religious system.
There is no end of this discussion that GOD exist or not,but if u want to waist ur time.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gazbollokface is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Your spelling, grammar, and punctuation are incredibly poor by the way.

I mock thee that doth butcher our beautiful English Language!
Trumpets...

"People like me hate people like you!"
 70yrs • M •
samoon is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hey zahid mayo

You got the words out of my mouth i was just gonna say what you said too

31yrs • M •
Forseti is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I hope there is no such thing as ''God''. At least in the traditional sense (a conscious being which created us in his image e.c.t).

What God would supposedly give us free will, the ability to do what we choose, and yet send us to Hell once we die if we do not choose the ''right'' thing. That is not free will, it is merely the imitation of free will. Its like holding a gun to someone's head and saying ''You have the free will to give me all your money and possesions or die''. It's not free will, it is blackmail, plain and simple.

If there is such a God then to be honest I am ashamed to be one of his creations.

That's not to say there isn't some kind of ''God'' in some form or another, but the kind of God portrayed in the bible is not a true ''God'' at all.

And considering the Bible (or comparable Holy Text) is the general basis for all religion in the world, I would conclude that all religion is flawed, damaged beyond repair.

To answer the question in short, in my opinion either:
-There is no God
-There is a ''God'' but not in the format we traditionally see (I.E God is energy, or an alien species millions of years ahead of us)

"''Before you know the world, you must know yourself''"
 29yrs • M •
WillJay23 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
God dosen't show himself because he gives us free will. Think of it this way its like if you go some were and your mother follows you, you wont acted the same way if she wasn't there. Life is a test and he wants to see how you live it.

42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Chained Wings is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
God is omniscient. He is everywhere at once. He sees all you do and knows all you think.

Then when you die, he judges you on those things.

So how does what you say make sense?

"When I was a child I flew! Then as an adult- I watched others soar."
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that BethewateR is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
god doesnt exist boo haha

"all you know is all you know"
 31yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Newemb is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
okay I promised myself I wont talk about such big stuff cuz it makes my head boil and my thoughts get in my way, but... I dont believe in god. I believe in myself, in what I can do. You could say that I think that every human is a god for himself. Why dont I believe in god? Easy. Science. Yes my friends thats why. I mean it answered everything ! How the universe was created how planets are born and how they work. I dare you to write to me what science hasn't proven. I DARE YOU! Now I think, but thats just me, that god was invented to make sure people understand what they can do and what they cant do. To control them and their actions. Now the eintire system of religion is really strange. I mean dosent it seem that they are hiding something ? Besides back in the old days, science wasnt strong enough so people linked everything with divine powers, magic and something mystical and powerfull, like god, goddess, mythical creatures. So why dosent god show himself to the world ? BECOUSE THERE IS NO god ! But again this is what I think, me, mua, I.

"You either die a hero, or live to see yourself become the villain..."
 33yrs • M •
llllJesusllll is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i believe in a God but in my own way. i do not follow any religions and do not think about God in the same way as most people do or might do. My meaning behind God is the creator of creation. He or not even he or a thing or a thought(God) could be anything and maybe not a thing but spiritual or some idea we dont understand in any way. If you don't believe in God think about these questions. If science prooves everything what is before the first science?--meaning what is the first thing ever and last thing ever maybe through time(what beginning of everthing time wize and end of everything time wize) or maybe not even time but something different. how did we get the power to control our actions, or thoughts. If science prooves that then ask what controls that or whats before that? What controls all our senses and if science prooves it then ask the question that we dont know. say our brain controls our senses....ask what controls our brain? say if our spinal cord controls the brain(just saying IIIIFFFF it did).....ask what controls the spinal cord? if you keep going on forever and ever and ever asking ....whats before that and that... i believe eventually science cant prove it only God does. its really weird and hard to think about but if you just think about it there has to be a God or by my meaning the creator of creation or creation of creation....... so on. After that point all science proves everything and maybe there is no end or beginning to time or anything. I just believe if you ask millions of questions to yourself to try to prove there is a God then you might start to believe it. Maybe God doesnt show himself because of many reasons. Maybe to cover up something(maybe if we know or any single person knows then something could happen bad or good or something he doesnt want). i donno but this is what i think. strongly believe there is a god and if you dont i can understand but try to question yourself until you start to think..o maybe there is a God.

""What we know is....this life now. What we dont know....is our other life.""
If god exist why doesn't he show himself to the world? - Page 9
  2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy