Because who you are being isn't who you are, it is the person you are being that is keeping you from being yourself. - Ironwood
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

If women ruled the world...

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Most societies today are patriarchal. But if women were leaders of society, what would be different?

Will we ever come to a time when men are thought of as the weaker sex?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If women ruled the world there would be fewer wars and less poltical corruption. There would be gender equality. Economies would change. Laws would change. Ethics would change. Religions would change. Social structure would change. Human behaviour of both genders would change. The way media and history perceives the world would revolutize. History would no longer be dominated by the patriachial view. Thats just a start.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 36yrs • F •
As much as I would like to glorify my sex, I'm going to disagree with that. I think there will just as much corruption, only in different forms.

Will we ever come to a time when men will be thought of as the weaker sex?

That seems soo unlikely...but who knows.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 37yrs • M •
Evolution in the majority of species, shows a male dominance in behavioural systems, including humans. However humans, as we know it, are socially advanced and therefore, there is the capacity for a revolution in gender dominance, if not gender equality.

Why do you think there would be just as much corruption if women dominated the world?

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Why do you think there would be just as much corruption if women dominated the world?

Why do you think there would be less?

I figure the world would be the same only women would be in control.

quote:
Will we ever come to a time when men will be thought of as the weaker sex?

Feminists groups are working on that. But if it happens there will come after it a rebellion that will set men back in more power and the equality struggle will continue and never be resolved

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 37yrs • M •
quote:
Why do you think there would be less?

Are you kidding me!
The majority of the higher economic, political, industrial, financial, religious, and social positions are held by men. There are no known exceptions to this rule.
Anthropologist Donald Brown has listed patriarchy to be a "human universal" (Brown 1991, p. 137), which includes characteristics such as age gradation, personal hygiene, aesthetics, food sharing, rape, and other sociological aspects, implying that patriarchy is innate to the human condition.

Some would define patriarchy as a system that values power over life, control over pleasure, and dominance over happiness.

and thats just a start.

39yrs • M •
So because women have never been tested the same ways you assume they would do better? Women are violent and deceptive and disloyal just like other human beings.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that KGB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Human nature is human nature. Power does strange things to many people and women are not exempt from temptation because they are women. Women are neither more nor less likely to resist temptation than men and a world ruled by women would most likely remain exactly the same.

"If you bring forth what is within you, what you bring forth will save you. If you do not bring forth what is within you, what you do not bring forth will destroy you."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Podslapper is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Any gender-specific behavior is going to be a minor influence on how an intelligent person behaves. People in charge ought to be able to make sound judgments without being swayed by their hormones. Demand competent leaders, not female leaders.

"Hello, hello, hello"
[  Edited by Podslapper at   ]
 36yrs • F •
No doubt about that. But I was just entertaining the idea of a women-lead world. If men are pressured to have sports cars and big muscles in our men-lead world, would they have the same pressure in a women-led world?

39yrs • M •
I think the pressure would still be there. Because they would have to compete even harder to gain approval if they were no longer in control.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Podslapper is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I wasn't aiming that last comment toward you, I was aiming it at the person who kept saying a women-led world would be oh so much better than the one we live in now. This is pretty delusional.

As for the pressure, I think it would be pretty much the same. Men will always want to compete with each other, no matter who's in charge.

"Hello, hello, hello"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
With different people come different faults. To say that women would make the world better doesn't make any more sense than assuming a theory that has never been tried. Although women are the more compassionate gender they still have faults, just like men. In my opinion men would make the better leader to this point and I base this on experience.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if women ruled... lets see now...

we would go to war less, but wars would be more violent and catastrophic.

many men would become slave laborers (just as many women are now)

the sociological mindset would be different, but not better or worse.

governmental policies would change, most likely ones concerning human rights. probably for the better, but thats debatable.

men would struggle in the work place, desire attention and urn for appreciation.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that xanadoool is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I live in a country where women ARE the major players... New Zealand, and I can tell you now. They're just as corrupt and useless at running the country as men are.

The problem is, men usually know when they suck, and just pretend not to while doing stupid things, women actually think it's impossible for them to suck, so keep on doing stupid things.

You can see the problem.

"Always give to the left, coz the right way is the wrong way."
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy