Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

If women ruled the world... - Page 4

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's more fair to give everyone a chance. And who is to judge that you couldn't be a good math professor? You could suck at math but have a real passion. You may need a special tutor to help you.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
It's more fair to give everyone a chance.

What is fair? Is it fair that some people don't have food or shelter? Is it fair that some people are abused? Is it fair that governments take advantage of the common people? Is it fair that a tsunami can displace and killed hundreds of thousands of people? Is it fair that countries are left in ruins because of bad leadership?

quote:
And who is to judge that you couldn't be a good math professor?

Not all skills can be learned by all people. If someone hasn't the skill then why should they be allowed a job? "Fairness" means that under qualified minorities can get jobs in order to fill a quota.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 36yrs • F •
That is a narrow definition of fairness. I think everyone shoudl be given a chance to at least see what each career holds for them by taking different subjects in vocational high schools.

How would you feel if you want to be a psychologist but because there are more than enough psychologists int he world, you're forced into engineering or publishing?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
I think everyone shoudl be given a chance to at least see what each career holds for them by taking different subjects in vocational high schools.

They have that chance. If people let others influence them then that is there business. I tried a joinery program in trade school I was no good at it and there were women there that were amazing at it.

quote:
How would you feel if you want to be a psychologist but because there are more than enough psychologists int he world, you're forced into engineering or publishing?

That's just how it goes. If one choice is removed then there are others to choose from. There are things I have wanted to do but cannot for reasons beyond my control that's just how the world works.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Women haven't been given a fair chance. Girls are taught to play with dolls (and so enhance their social skills) instead of playing with blocks and trucks to enhance their spacial skills.

So you think the reason you haven't been given a fair chance is because you played with dolls instead of blocks. Wouldn't you consider that making excuses? In reality with accomplishments no matter what happens there are no excuses because you are to blame.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 36yrs • F •
quote:
Wouldn't you consider that making excuses?

No, I call that society influencing children early on. You may it's an excuse because, to you, the toys you play with seem to have no effect on the person you become, when most of our childhood experiences form our assumption that we carry into adulthood.

I'm not pointing the finger at one thing as a cause for sexual injustice, but I am saying that there's more to why a woman does not become a businesswoman besides any laziness or lack of perseverance you attribute to her.

36yrs • M •
quote:
but I am saying that there's more to why a woman does not become a businesswoman besides any laziness or lack of perseverance you attribute to her.

Just because it requires more work doesn't mean it's not attainable.

36yrs • F •
But the fact that it requires more work is what makes it unjust.

39yrs • M •
quote:
But the fact that it requires more work is what makes it unjust.

Is it also unjust that it requires more work to become a doctor than to become a sales person?

36yrs • F •
That has nothing to do with it. That is related to the amount of kowledge one must acquire. It's social injustice that women have to work harder to reach high levels because they have to battle sexism. Women with six-figure salaries still face these problems.

39yrs • M •
quote:
It's social injustice that women have to work harder to reach high levels because they have to battle sexism.

The world is unjust so what's your point?
People just aren't content with knowing they have abilities they must make everyone else realise this and then praise them for their abilities. How insecure is that? If you can do it then go for it if not then don't.

36yrs • F •
My point in saying that was to enlighten some minds on the truth of the issue, hence the point of these forums. Our behavior is modified by our thoughts, so it's important that we have as few biases as humanly possible.

39yrs • M •
This information will mostly affect those who already recognize the problem. Others will use this information to continue exploiting people.

36yrs • F •
Charmed1_18 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
As much as I would like to say that women would make the world a better place, given the opportunity, I honestly don't think that's true. I would have to agree with many of the people who have voiced opinions here including KGB and Attolia. Women, in my opinion, tend to be a lot more vicious than men. When men fight, it's usually a couple punches and then they're done. When women fight, at the very least, you'll probably get your hair ripped out by your roots. I can't speak for every woman, but as a broad generalization, women hate women. A woman's biggest enemy is another woman, not a man. This is probably part of the reason women don't already rule. Who are women jealous of? It's almost never a man, but a woman with bigger breasts, more money, more beauty, a better looking husband, car, house, etc. The list goes on. It only takes one man to come between the greatest friendship between two women and make them hate each other. Think about it. When two best friends stop being friends, the cause more often than not, traces back to a man/boy. Either they both liked him, or one has a boyfriend and the other feels abandoned, or any other number of reasons.

I think there would probably be less wars, but I agree that the wars would probably be much more violent. Women tend to completely destroy their enemies, not so much through physical harm, but by humiliation, words, etc. Just consider what highschool was like. Can you imagine that on a larger scale? I have to agree with what Podslapper said: "Demand competent leaders, not female leaders."

I don't think that men will ever be thought of as the weaker sex, mostly because as a society, we put more focus on the outward appearance. Men are seen as having great strength and are much stronger than women because biologically, for the most part anyway, they are! If we stop thinking in terms of outward appearance and place more value on ideas and the whole person, men MIGHT become the weaker sex. I'm not saying that men are weaker in their thoughts, but rather, women will have more of a chance.

I do however, think that things would be different in terms of how men act, but I think the pressure to compete would still be there. It's just part of who are as humans. We always want to have the best of everything, as well as BE the best at everything. It might change what the areas of competition are though.

"Life exists specifically because it has an end. Death is what forces people to live."
 36yrs • M •
I find it interesting how most people's first example of how the two societies would change or vary is through fighting. But, if women did rule I think military would be the last thing they would gain control over. It currently would be the most biased towards women so it would be the last to surrender.

If women ruled the world... - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy