Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Death Penalty

User Thread
 46yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that kellyt23341 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Death Penalty
Opinions please--are you for or against?? Me personally I am torn--I know the bible says eye for and eye but in another way--it says thou shall not kill. Are we supposed to kill someone b/c they killed?? Is it our place?? yet again if someone were to hurt my child i'd probably have no problem watching them executed--(im lying) i would probably have nightmares. I just dont know if its a good thing or bad--opnions please/

"If paybacks a bitch and revenge is sweet--Im the sweetest bitch you'll ever meet"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm for it, If an offender has commited some heinous act, that warrants the death penalty, it is cheaper for a hypo of cyanide or such than to incarcerate him for life without any eligability for parole.

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that neuterdbynature is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thats true, and if they are not punished to the full extent of the law for the crime they have commited then what kind of message are you sending out to other criminals [murderers and others], they won't be affected by just being imprisoned. Many of then get used to being behind bars, it does not affect them in the least way possible. "So i killed many people, spending my life in jail isn;t so bad atleast i'm still alive." Staying alive for the crimes committed does not allow them to see their wrong doings, it does not allow them to see that such acts are not permitted and will be punished if commited.

[Although, it does put in risk does who are wrongly convicted]
But still i stand by my comment

"What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive"
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
it says thou shall not kill

The verse you refer to actually says "thou shall not murder"
Concerning the execution of murderers the Bible says this "Whoever sheds man's blood, By man his blood shall be shed." Geneis 9:6a
Capital and corporal punishment would go a long way to reducing prison populations.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that neuterdbynature is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
some one know's alot about the bible and the world around him[lol] either that or u googled the "thou shall not kill" verse.....

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Capital and corporal punishment would go a long way to reducing prison populations.

That's a horrible thing to say. The way i see it, if we kill someone because they killed someone, we are no better than they are, and yes murder is a terrible thing and should be severely punished, but they way to punish someone is not to kill them. Staying in an 8' X 12' cell for the rest of your life is a much worse punishment than death.

"He who does not question is lost."
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Staying in an 8' X 12' cell for the rest of your life is a much worse punishment than death.

So you intend to torture that person by dragging out a miserable existence? That is a sick thing to do, and not to mention a severe drain on resources. If a person is unwilling to be rehabilitated then why should the tax payers keep him or her alive? And as for corporal punishment, if you hurt someone in such a way that will leave no long term physical damage and the trauma of being humiliated maybe that would teach a better lesson in addition to allowing that person to be a contributing member of society and not simply a drain on resources.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 42yrs • F •
Starz is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
To me it's not just about punishment it is getting this person off this earth because why give them a chance to harm again.

38yrs • F •
if you imprison people who have killed they just get used to their sorrounding. In years they won't mind being in a prison as long as they are alive.

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that fnckOff is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i could go on and on for hours about why we need the death penalty. . . I am in debate and that was the subject of our debates and i feel very strongly about why we need it. but im not even going to start.

"I'd rather be superstitious about jumping jacks than superstitious that I needed to be drunk to do what I needed to do, or that I needed to have a specific pair of underwear on - jumping jacks, you don't need anything. - Gerard Way"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that fnckOff is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
but i will say.. . .

does a murderer deserve to be put in prison where:

they dont have to worry about bills or taxes

where health care is . . free

Where residency is. . . free

Where cable is. . . well . . . free

Where you get 3 meals a day for. . . free.

where you are worry. . . well. . . free.

Its like a bad credit card commercial. Everything is free to you and the tax payers have to pay for everything for you. not to mention you can get an education in church as well.

"I'd rather be superstitious about jumping jacks than superstitious that I needed to be drunk to do what I needed to do, or that I needed to have a specific pair of underwear on - jumping jacks, you don't need anything. - Gerard Way"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that St. Jimmy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's all free, but you never get to leave, and every minute of your entire life is planned for you, and furthermore, once you get out, you can't work at alot of places, becasue you have a criminal record.

"He who does not question is lost."
 57yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wildstang is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
its actually less expensive to keep them in prison, death sentences have been shown to cost more with the endless number of appeals and legal fees not to mention the cost of keeping the offender in prison during those years. if a person can be shown without a reasonable doubt to have committed a crime deserving of the death sentence then i for one am for it. i do not agree however if there is only circumstantial evidence and no smoking gun or eyewitness. there have certainly been executions of innocent people that could have been avoided if the rules were just a little different.

"just the facts"
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Restless Mind is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

34yrs • M •
Zues is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I dont understand about all this expensive death penalty crap!! Just put a bullet in the guys head and be done with it, forget the injection and electric chair. Wat happened 2 a quick death by shooting squad!!!

"Everyman is my Superior, in that I may learn fom Him"
Death Penalty
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy