You can close your eyes to the things you do not want to see, but you cannot close your heart to the things you do not want to feel. - unknown
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

For a Million $, Would You...

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
For a million $, would you kill a human life if there were no consequences (no imprisonment, no accountability, no one knew the person you killed, no one saw the act etc)?

This question was asked to a college class. Out of 40 students, 39 could not imagine doing such a thing. One student said yes. She said, "If no one knows or cares about the person you're going to kill and it makes no difference in the world, why not?"

Would you? Why or why not?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Do I get to pick the person? I've met some ppl that the world might be better off without.

Ask a soldier back from war this question, that would be a learning experience.

Do I have to pay taxes on it? That would suck too.

I could if it was a hell bent repeat offending violent rapist, otherwise, no, probably not.

Unless I'm grumpy, then sure. I'll have time to think on it and regret it when I'm rich.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't think I could kill someone--periode. If I did kill someone, even though it was an accident or from self defense, I don't think I could live with myself. I'd have a very bad conscience. But I think that if it was a life/death situation, and the other person was really evil, and it was either me or the other guy, I'd probably kill that person.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yes.... yes i would....

then again i have thought of becoming an assain....

but then again i wouldnt kill a animal...you see animals are inocent humans are evil

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
as much as i hate people, i could never kill anyone unless it was an accident. and if that ever happens ill probably be miserable the rest of my life.

oh yea, and i dont whore myself for money. so no, i wouldnt do it.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I might depending on how i felt druing the time they asked me, also it wouldn't fully matter since the world is alreday way to crowded as is so killing a few people for millions bucks would be very good sounding.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
FAIRY BOY........i agree with you 100 percent

yes...i would kill a human for millions if there were no repurcutions, however, i would never kill an animal

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 46yrs • M
Humans are animals people.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that A Distraction B is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i definitly think that money brings out the worst in people. I would NEVER kill anyone for any amount of money for many reasons - mainly because i dont want to play the role of God and a life of a guilty conscience is not worth a million dollars!

"you held my hem as I traveled blind listening to the whispering in my ear"
 41yrs • F •
leftwood......while its true that humans are animals...i would think all you smart people out there would get the gist of what i was saying anyway......

46yrs • M
Sure, and it is terribly faulty logic and shows the sad state of human conditioning towards our own species. Let alone the fact that it still doesn't diminish the fact that we are animals and so your logic is both faulty and contradictory.

Especially when you are saying you would kill for no good reason but money, not even some form of justified self defense or the protection of others, or even food.

I'm sorry, but I have issue with people who would harm my family for money, and I'll gladly say so.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Humans are animals
we are mammals...the problem comes in that we have free will or that what we call it...maybe it's a flaw of some kind maybe we should never have ended up with minds that can discern,

Its not killing for no reason that money will keep me alive will make me comfortable
Why do you go to work everyday same reason to make money?

We eat cows we eat sheep they are animals if they all of a sudden developed free will would you still eat them, how do we know they don't have feelings but obviously cant express them like we do

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 41yrs • F •
you are entitled to your opinion...and to state it, but so am i ....and what i said hasnt changed i would kill a human being but not another animal....now,if i was asked to kill someone i loved or cared about then i would not do it....but i belive all people are evil in some way.....maybe this is mine....i dont know....it's just a feeling....dont attack me for it....theres no reason

46yrs • M
I attacked no one, everyone is so defensive, I merely let you know that I would gladly let you know that I don't like the thought of someone killing, say my child, for money.

And its not even attacking you to say I would, perhaps gladly perhaps not, kill you in defense of my child.

As for that money helping to feed as a justification, get a job, jesus.

Oh, and if anyone felt threatened by my statements, then perhaps you missed the threat of your own, I'm not a big fan of hypocricy, but I do know we all do it, and can't be too upset when we don't even realize we do it.

This whole thread (or at least anyone who has answered yes at all) is a threat by that logic too, we are all someone.

[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
everyone is loved by someone, rancidkitty.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy