Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

For a Million $, Would You... - Page 3

User Thread
 42yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Poprocks is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I wouldn't do it cause it would have karmic consequences.

""Be the change you want to see in the world ". Mahatma Gandhi"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Raptafairious is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
OK... Everyone says the bigman upstairs runs everything, he creates our personality, our emotion, our thoughts, everything. People say that he controls what we think and do. So if god really IS real, why would he make people like me? And heres another thing, why would god make so many non-beleivers? Why would god create crime, murder, greed, and torture? Why would god make this place were in so horrible?

"I'm just another person in this place, which is why its my advantage."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
This is covered in and better suited for other threads.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 33yrs • M •
Yea I know, but I just had to get that down.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
my dear, God did not create us like this. Heck, we don't have any peronality when we'r born. It's through the impressions that life leaves on us do we kill or decide to become Buddhists.

Anyway, are those people sick who won't kill because they will be punished for it? I mean heck, I don't care if there's a God or not, I wouldn't kill someone for all the money in the world.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 33yrs • M •
Ok, so when were born we have no personality at all, we get it from our surroundings, so if we are born without personality, maybe we WERNT suppose to have personality, emotion and metality, god was probably planning to make a bunch of blanks. Maybe we WERNT suppose to have any of these emotions we feel, maybe we WERNT suppose to have a personality, maybe we WERNT suppose to have any SOUL.

35yrs • M •
well then he wouldn't put us in a universe now would he
Yes we were supposed to have a personality, otherwise we wouldn't be exposed to the universe.
But there are some things that exist already in us, such as emotions. Emotions for example are not the result of our surroundings. Also, I think our surroundings just kind off 'open up' all our hardwiring(in the form of DNA). Our DNA's already contain the instructions on human existance, how humans are to function etc, and life(surroundings) allow them to operate.
Ummm...wait a second, I just noticed the thread is on a completely different topic

33yrs • M •
Heh... You got me their angel, and yea I just realized this thread is totally off topic, but its still based on the point

35yrs • M •
But what I don't get, is that the reason that we shouldn't steal and kill is because otherwise we will be punished in afterlife, does that mean that we have no conciousness, no morality? I think we all aready have the sense of 'wrong' regardless of religion, but just because something is wrong won't prevent us from doing it, which is where reliigon comes into play.

33yrs • M •
Yea, but some people only follow religion because there scared, some people only follow religion because there so paranoid, so there only following religion for the worst reasons. They just follow it because they dont want to end up in a bad place like hell or somthing after they die. Thats the only reason that SOME people are religious wise.

46yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that kellyt23341 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
NOT!!!!---I couldnt do it b/c I would know I did it--there isnt enough money in the world to play god

"If paybacks a bitch and revenge is sweet--Im the sweetest bitch you'll ever meet"
 35yrs • M •
thats the reason whymostpeople are religious. All de religions of the world function largely because of punishment in the afterlife. It appears that this philosphy is flawed, as if you do any good, your basically doing it for yourself. You basically get to heaven because of you selfish desires. However, it is not neccessary that these religions are wrong,as not everybody can understand, so these philosophies must be for the masses, who'd hardly care about doing good withought any motives etc

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that MizzXplicit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ummm i think i would take the money plainly because (bein brute n honest) the world is filled with over 6 billion people and honestly only a little bit of half deserves to be here and life is short. theres lots to do with a million so sure if there was a choice in person to say bye to life.
and stop the talk of "god" focus on the main thread.

"how.empty.of.me.to.be.so.full.of.you"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if it was some crack head ass bum on the streets with no front teeth, nothing to live for except to get more cocaine/heroine/drugs and they were obviously just taking up air.... then I'd do it. But if it was any self respecting human, who still had a reason to live, I would never do it.

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 33yrs • M •
So how about important people. People that seem to have a meaning while there living. You guys wouldnt kill them? Well let me tell you something, what do they accomplish? What is the point of doing all of the things before they die? What are they going to do before they die? Will they be like "Yea, I had a good life, became mayor, and did alotta crap and blah blah blah..." What is that going to do? Theres no point in doing all this important stuff, like becoming famous and important or whatever if your just going to say that. This is hard to explain so I hope you guys understand it.

For a Million $, Would You... - Page 3
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy