Your heart understands what your head cannot yet conceive; trust your heart - cutencuddly
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

For a Million $, Would You... - Page 2

User Thread
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Raptafairious is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Let me tell you a story that happened to me today...

So me and a couple of friends were walking down the neighborhood and we saw a caterpiller on the floor. I picked it up and im like "Hey, check it out" And my friends all get this glare in their eyes and one of them said, "Lets kill it" So he pulls out his lighter, and I dropped it on the floor and watched as he burned my little furry friend to death. We kept walking like nothing happened. Even blaming the thing because he wouldnt die so quickly. Now we can easily tell that this is a problem.

What would happen if that happened to a human? Would we just walk away and curse at it because they didnt die fast enough? The moral of this story is that it will just keep getting worse. First its little furry worms and then its half the human race. Its not just greed that people kill for, its also excitement and the adrenaline. Even though my therory sounds quite affective to me, I would say yes, i would kill for any money. Heck, I would kill one of my family members for money. I have REALLY been thinking of becoming an assassin. My mind isent corrupt, its just how ive been thinking all my life. Please dont judge me by this

"I'm just another person in this place, which is why its my advantage."
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How can you just easily kill someone for money? Do you not have a conscience at all? Do you have no heart or respect for life at the least? I'm so sick of people thinking they have the right to play God.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ok.....heres the thing...this is an imagined scenario...the whole killing some one for millions right....well,i can see myself doing it in my head, but, if it were real i don't really know that i could do it.....i know that everyone is loved by someone and that every life is worth something....maybe i was feeling a little dark or synical when i originaly answed.....the truth is i don't know what i would do....and honestly it sure as hell would be tempting if i knew, absolutely that there would be no punishment of any kind....

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 33yrs • M •
OK, heres the thing WanderingNobody, is there really a god? Like, what the hey, anyone can act like god, because we really dont know what god really acts like, and we probably wont know. And people keep saying that god creates our fate. So is it our fault that we would kill for money? I mean, "GOD" controls our fate. So how would we be able to choose our TRUE decision? OR how about there IS no god and we have been controlling our own fate all this time. AND also, we ADAPT to certain things. Look at love. We have been exposed to so much mushy stuff that we wouldnt care if we see people making out in the streets. So if were expose to too much violence, our minds starts to change and adapt to a lifestyle of violence and danger. Watch. In the future, well see someone get slaughtered in public and we wont care. Lives are taken everyday. And lives are preduced everyday. We die for a reason, either by mistake or by murder. Someone probably just died a minute ago somewhere in the world, and we cant do nothing about it. BUT there is a bad thing which i beleive and hate so much but i cant stop thinking like this. Its a dog eat dog world, so we might as well take advantage of it. So what if we kill a person. If I kill 1 person in 10 seconds, a person is going to be born in 10 seconds. Why would it make a difference if I kill someone if someone else is going to be born?

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Why would it make a difference if I kill someone if someone else is going to be born?"

Because people say so. Because it does affect people and they will react, does it matter in the ultimate view of the cosmos, thats between you, "god", and the unknown, does it matter to people that live, you betcha, rationally or otherwise.

And unless you want people torturing, imprisoning, or just killing you or anyone you care about then it might even matter to you.

No consequences in the original question does not mean no consequences, just no consequences to you. Which doesn't include guilt, mental effects of taking human life and any other unforseen consequences.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Raptafairio...ok, not everyone believes that there is a god, but it doesn't mean you can just easily take someone's right to live...who gave you the right to steal someone's life away from them...away fromt their friends, their family...no one. It's selfish to give yourself the right to murder. And I don't believe in fate. The world is in a total moral breakdown, but it doesn't mean that just because killing someone might happen to be 'normal' in the future, doesn't mean that our feelings would shut down as well. Not everyone has a numb conscience. Just because someone dying is replaced by someone being born, doesn't make it's all right to murder. I guess you view people as numbers, and not as individuals with actual feelings and lives.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Let's say I was offered a million $ to kill someone and I would face no consequences. For those of you who are okay with that, what if that person was you?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 46yrs • M
Imagine this, a bored airport security cheif with a million dollars walks up you as you await a flight and makes the offer. No consequences because he has security covered including surveylance, and a safe place for the deed, and he will be present and therefore just as guilty, you can even have a tape of the event if you like, of course then he'll keep one too but you both would be guilty so no worries. He even is able to prove he isn't some undercover sting operative (maybe he has tapes of others he's done this for or something), blah blah blah.

Anyway, those who accept here, accept.

You are taken to a lower lvl utility closet where a janitor is cleaning. It is self cleaning and completely sealed and bulletproof, this room also contains a large industrial metal sink, as well as cleaning agents and acids that can completely dispose of any organic material as well as all evidence of human remains, even bones and teeth. Even weapons and their evidence can be disposed of.

Now you are instructed to kill the janitor, which is supposedly an illegal alien and untraceable. The janitor can be killed in any manor, he'll supply whatever weapon, and take as long as desired, then clean up which is automated.

The security chief will leave after the janitor is dead, and leave the money with you, then return to the command post and safely guide you out by walkie talkie as you will be dressed as the janitor upon leaving, there are extra uniforms so don't worry about making a mess.

Now, imagine your surprise when the security cheif comes back once your weapon is gone and everything is clean and you are preparing to leave, and with him is someone you actually remembered seeing waiting for another flight, but now with a gun in his hands and a glazed over look in his eyes and slight smile.

Rinse and repeat.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 41yrs • F •
if that person were me.......then please, shoot me in the back of the head when im not looking so i dont know it's coming...i understand that it goes both ways, and, although i don't really like it, i also understand that money is a very powerful thing in this world

41yrs • F •
leftwood.....thats pretty creepy....it would be a good short story or twilight zone story

46yrs • M
Sorry, the guy after you likes to torture, and the security cheif helps with that and even offers bonuses as incentive for it. And since he's such a sick fuck, he is even allowed to live, takes your personal info and tortures and kills all your friends and family.

As a matter of fact this guy is then accepted by a secret society that was testing for the anti-christ and we all die. Yay money.

Did you know if everyone decided money didn't matter, it wouldn't. And if we all die it doesn't either, I'm not preaching just blowing hot air at the moment. I enjoyed my little tale. Thanks for participating.

"leftwood.....thats pretty creepy....it would be a good short story or twilight zone story"

Thanks, its was pretty creepy, but it just came out.

[  Edited by Ironwood at   ]
 35yrs • F •
yeah Leftwood, that was a good illustration...eyes glazed and everything...it reminded me, when you mentioned torture, how people would drill teeth out--gums and everything to get a person to talk. It also reminded me how in Brave heart, at the end of the movie, they slit the guy's stomach open...gross.

33yrs • M •
Heh... I can imagine that happening to me, but I wouldnt accept it because it would be too good to be true. Like who really would hire a hitman to kill a simple janitor? Even though he is a illegal alien, anyone could probably kill him. So I wouldnt have accepted the job...or probably killed him and robbed him of his money (Thats how cold I am )

38yrs • F •
Exi-Hiperborean is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I believe you musnĀ“t kill individuals who will be missed by others, since you are harming more people than you really wanted. If te person will not be missed than you can kill her, after knowing she is..not in the Good standards (what is good?) However, if the situation really came into being, I am certain I would become an assasine, no matter which moral standards my victim obeyed to. I would act. Not think. We are all assasines by nature.You see, the question is even deeper: do actions really correspond to ur principles? Most of the time ur principles play a great part in ur actions... But can we live with statistics well?

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
do actions really correspond to ur principles? Most of the time ur principles play a great part in ur actions... But can we live with statistics well?
True true. There are many questions that can arise from this situation:

1- Does anyone have the right to end a human life? Why or why not?
2- Are humans that selfish and greedy?
3- Is it acceptable to kill a person who is not loved by many?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
For a Million $, Would You... - Page 2
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy