When it awoke, the dinosaur was still there. (Augusto Monterroso, "The Dinosaur") - Windupnostril
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Whats Happening to ME?! - Page 2

User Thread
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You know, dreaming and remembering your dreams is actually a skill you have to acquire - I used to not be able to remember mine, but if you put yourself into a mentality before you go to sleep that you are going to be extra..keen, in a sense, it works after time. It's best to keep a journal right next to your bed so you wake up and can jot down what you remember.

Which leads me to lucid dreaming..
that's insane shit, as little as its happened to me, how amusing.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Raptafairious is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have dreams that sticks in my mind for the rest of my life, maybe ill start jorneling my dreams and see if it all fits together or something, but that still dosent explain the De Ja Vu.

"I'm just another person in this place, which is why its my advantage."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I tried journaling my dreams for two weeks when I was nine, and I just unearthed the journal- I was one screwed up little kid back then! But I have only had one thing happen to me being like Deja Vu, I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head and I was shaking like mad about five minutes before I had a dictionary land on me during an earthquake.

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cujo0424 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
it happens to me too, but I'm convinced that there's got to be an explenation for it. Perhaps we're all slightly psychic. It may sound a little out there, but it's a possibility.
When I was little, I would have specific nightmares that I would only have when I slept between my parents in their bed. Every time I had the dream, it got a little longer and showed me a little more, pulling me into sort of a deeper sleep. These dreams have imprinted themselves in my mind and have haunted me for years. They're inexplicibal. All I can really explain about it is that my dad is screaming at somebody, there's a feeling of bloating or getting bigger when I should be getting smaller....or something like that.

""Scared is not the right word...I'm frightened of it..."---Love & Death"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vic_Silver is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Speaking from a strictly anal ytical standpoint it seems these feelings of deja vu are misconceptions of time. When your brain registers a memory it may incorrectly log the time it happened and so you feel as if the event already happened.

Speaking from the more enjoyable hypothetical view, it could be we are able to percieve future events before they happen. Our brains are complex instruments afterall, and time is relative.

"Somethings out there.. Oh wait thats me"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that sleepingwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Life is such sweet sorrow."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wholly is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
off topic, but in responce to the reference to lucid dreaming, i have a few questions if you dont mind. first, how long have you been inducing lucid dreams, second, what induction techniques do you use, and third, how frequently do you achieve lucididty? just curious.

"dont got one"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i love coming here.. you guys are just like me i always have lucid dreams.. and deja vu.. it's crazy cuz 2 minutes ago.. i had it while i was in my new blue painted bathroom and my bathroom has never been painted before, it used to have wallpaper on it.. so i think deja vu is a combination between past and a little future..

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
Whats Happening to ME?! - Page 2
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy