Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Whats Happening to ME?!

User Thread
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that HaiderKhan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Whats Happening to ME?!
Ok recently ive been having a lot of deja vu. Everytime i go to school and i hear something, i feel as if ive heard it all before. Or when i see someone, i feel as if i already met him/ or her before. Some times when i look at myself in the mirror i feel as if i already did this before so why am i doing it agian.

Am i going crazy? Does anyone else have these experiances?

"Life is a dream, when you wake up the real journey begins"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i dont think you are crazy. ive noticed when i use my brain more i have more deja vu experiences. im not sure what the exact connection is there... also, i had a lot more of them in my early teen years. try to welcome the experience and become comforted by the uniqueness of the situation... of course if it gets too far out of hand you should seek medical attention. but i wouldnt worry about it at this point.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ok, this is a thread I may know something about. I am in the process of studyng buddhism right now, and their beliefs in reincarnation, the after life, etc. And I have just finished a book called "Many lives, Many Masters" which was written by Psychiatrist named Brian L. Weiss. The book is a true story of him and a patient who he once had, who had a fear of a LOT of things. Water, people touching her, animals, being in small spaces, the list goes on. But to get to the point, he puts her in hypno theropy, and beings questioning her, at certain times, her voice will change, her body will stiffen, and she will begin talking. He finds out that these are "masters" talking, higher beings, Gods if you will. To make a very compliacted story short, and to get to the point, his take on Deja Vu is that it occurs when our minds and the people around us that we meet (or whatever it may be that makes you have deja vu), is something that we have encountered in a past life in one form or another. It occurs when our souls encounter a familiarity in one life and another. Its really complicated, and I dont know if that made much sense. Im just puttin it out there.

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Raptafairious is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Holy shit i cant believe i found someone with the same experience! when i came to Richmond and some strange things started to happen to me, and when i went to highschool i started to have so many de ja vus! I started thinking deep like every minute, why im here, what is the meaning of life, ect ect. everytime i do something, like watch a movie or a specific event, i feel like it has changed me totally, and the de ja vus have been going on like alot like 7 times a week, i dont feel dizzy, and i dont do drugs but i feel there is a secret i should know about something. Everytime I go into my school, i feel like every single person is watching me, like everything is planned about my life. wtf is happening to me!!!!!!!!!

"I'm just another person in this place, which is why its my advantage."
[  Edited by Raptafairious at   ]
 33yrs • M •
O yeah, dis is my first post so dont complain on how bad it is.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Rapta- Nice little quote you have on your signature btw, FIght Club. Good movie.

Like I said earlier, in my beliefs, deja vu is a sort of "relapse" in the brain. It happens when something, in your current life, and something in one of your past lifes, clicks. In buddhism, you live each life to learn a lesson, one lesson, that is it, once you learn that lesson you depart from the life, and your soul moves on to another. These lifes do not have to be human, and they dont have to be long either. For instance, if being a cat in one form of your life will teach you a lesson, so be it. Now I am very very low on the totem pole when it comes to knowledge about buddhism, after life, reincarnation, and things like that, since I am just starting to study it, I may not be completely correct, and someone on here may be able to correct me if I am wrong in certain aspects, but I think what I have said is pretty close. So to get back to the point. In Buddhism, Deja Vu occurers when something, in one life, and something in a past life, connect. In short tems. But then again, this is only one outlook on it, I dont know how it is viewed in other religions, or practices. Or just in general.

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 33yrs • M •
Heh, that might explain half of it, but when i have my de ja vus, its COMPLEATLY EXACT. Like i can tell the future or something. One time in science class, we were talking about condensation, evaporation, saturation ect. ect. and i had some kind of feeling that I had to set up the over head projector. My teacher called upon my name and im like "Right away sir" and i set it up. And hes like, holy shit. It kept happening alot, so i just ignore it and keep in mind when and where it happened, cuz my science teacher got tripped outta his mind.

34yrs • M •
Yea i know the feeling, its like you know exactly whats gonna happen, but i dont know. For some reason when i go through deja vu, I feel as if i know exactly whats gonna happen, but right after the feeling I forget about it. It's weird, but after de ja vu, I know whats gonna happen, but i dont feel like ive had deja vu. Its strange.

38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Journal your dreams.
Do it for a couple months, and you'll find some really bizarre metaphysical correlations between feeling a sense of deja vu and a real situation.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 34yrs • M •
Yea exactly, im trying to journal my dreams.

But the problem is Astarte, i dont have dreams. Well at least, not lately. The last dream i had was on march 10. I havent had a dream since, that could be another problem. Hey! Maybe thats why im having deja vu, just a theory.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JimmyK is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Holy shit. This craps been happening to me too. For the past 5 or 6 years.

38yrs • F •
clarence is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
well... I think its just one of those things that happen to everyone, not many people no why and not many people bother to find out... i think it definately has something to do with the relapse of the brain as suggested before, but dont rule out science it is a great place to start studying if your looking for an adequet answer...

33yrs • M •
You probably have dreams HaiderKhan, but you cant remember them. Usually, I dont remember my dreams, or my dreams are really bizzare. I think my dreams tell me something and i dont have any memory of it, until I have de ja vu, but I dont know, I think like someone or something is telling me that im different. Have any other people experienced this?

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Ana Rpo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah, I had felt that!

If we're feeling absolutly the same or at list if our bodies work similar, I supouse you don't sleep more than 7 hours

"In the sea of ilutions and frustations that life is, some swim and some drown"
Whats Happening to ME?!
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy