Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

People hate vegetarians

User Thread
 39yrs • F •
SheDiesTomorrow is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
People hate vegetarians
I have noticed that most people find something wrong with vegetarians. Atleast people who eat meat. It seems foolish to argue with someone about what they choose to eat, yet it is almost impossible to avoid when you are a herbivore. 8 years not eating meat, and people still try to talk me out of it. Its rather amuseing. Its almost as though they feel threatened. PEOPLE HATE NON MEAT EATERS.

"vegetarians taste better"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I find vegetarians a bit annoying. But that's because I find anyone who does something for outright moral reasons a bit irritating. IE, people who do volunteer work for whatever, pacifists, protesters, whatever. I find it all a bit annoying.

Nothing personal, but I don't like it when it looks like people do things only for moral pretense.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that A Distraction B is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hmm. i think the people who are out there putting vegetarians down are a little angry at themselves for eating meat. even if they strongly believe in eating meat, i think that deep down they feel the sympathy and curiosity. I have been a vegetarian for 4 years. i dont call myself one or tell anyone this. what makes me mad is when people go around saying i am a vegetarian! now you must see me in a different light. BS ! well my point was that vegetarians are looked down upon with words but looked up to in thought.

"you held my hem as I traveled blind listening to the whispering in my ear"
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't really have a problem with Vegans, per say, it's the 'Extremist Vegans' that bug the hell out of me. Just for an example, a few years ago, PETA tried to take a local town, Hamburg, to court to force them to change their name, because it promoted 'cruelty to animals'. Whether it's a life style choice, or a dietary requirement, people's food intake is their own business. Am I angry with myself for eating meat, as Distraction suggests? Certainly not, human beings as an animal are set up as omnivore, that's a scientific fact. I believe that those animals we utilize for sustenance have a final purpose, and that is to provide us with meat.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 39yrs • F •
SheDiesTomorrow is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
angel fire, thats extreamly good reason. best i have heard yet,.. I do agree with the fact that alot of meat eaters do feel guilty.. I have never felt better then anyone for not eating meat, yet they seem to think thats the way it is. But i must admit, hateing any moral act is an amuseing reason. other then not eating meat.. Morality is lost on me as well.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ive never once felt guilty for sinking my teeth in to a big fat, juicey blood ridden slab of meat. eating other creatures makes me feel powerful and alive. i think vegetarians fear that feeling or are extremely discomforted by it for whatever reason. i dont judge, if its not your thing then dont do it... just dont tell me what to do either.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 39yrs • F •
no one should tell anyone what to eat. I hope you enjoy eating your bloody meat. You could eat it infront of me and i wouldn't mind, aslong as i don't have to eat it... My point isn't whos wright or wrong.. im not the catholic church.. My point is just, damn judgement. Of meat eaters and non.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
there is far to much judgement in this world. people have to be pretty bored with life to go around telling others what they should and shouldnt eat. now, explaining what the human needs in a balanced diet is a different story...

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 39yrs • F •
hmm.. i could argue my side of what i think is blance, but that would be pointless. maybe were supposed to eat meat.. and maybe we are not.
Maybe were supposed to all have blue eyes and blond hair.. A hole race of people believed that once aswell.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You are of course free to eat what you want. I would never tell a vegetarian to eat meat. Its only when they're in-your-face about it that I feel vegetarianism is over the top.

"Maybe were supposed to all have blue eyes and blond hair.."
From personal experience, blues eyes are so overrated.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 59yrs • M •
I like my hazel eyes, thank you very much.

When I order steak, and they ask me how I want it, my usual responses are one or more of the following...

On a leash
Show it a Xerox of a picture of a lighted match
Just spank it abit
(the old tried but true) Wipe his bottom, knock of the horns, and send him on out
Just leave it in the sun for a few minutes
Cooked? Your SUPPOSED to cook it!?
Just let it look at the range as you bring it out
Blue? No, more of a cadaverous grey please
I would like it to squirm when I put my fork in it

And yes, I have had people get up and walk out in the middle of their meal. The doc thinks I may lack a basic protein that can only be found in red meat. Me? I just like the taste.

50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that AngelicUpstart is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think the problem lies not with the people who are vegetarian, but with those who insist on advertising it to anyone within earshot. I don't put my views in other people's faces, and therefore, I take exception to people putting their views into my face. If they wish to be vegetarian, then that is their choice, but leave me the fuck alone.. and let me choose for myself...

Obviously, I know the majority of vegetarians just go about their business without advertising it. Those who insist on being loud about it are giving the rest of them a bad name, and that's why people give them a hard time. That's what I think anyway.

Incidentally, I don't drink when I go out for the evening, and I also get "oh, go on, have a drink" and treated like a leper coz I'm not getting totally rat-arsed. Again, I don't judge anyone for drinking, yet I get judged because I don't!... I never did go with the majority though, and at age 31, I doubt that is gonna change anytime soon.

Also, I like my hazel eyes too.. lol

"Be Afraid - the world needs more fraids!"
 39yrs • F •
views are ment to be diffirent. its the judgement that is not needed. No right and wrong.. No forced opinions. Only forced people

59yrs • M •
Kudos to you AngelicUpstart, for standing up for yourself in the face of peer pressure, one of the most insidious forces on the planet.

And YAY for hazel eyes! We Rule!

50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that AngelicUpstart is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
*Takes a Bow* ... Once u get to know me better, you will find that I don't give in to any kind of pressure. I'm very single minded. I used to have the nickname "StroppyLiLBrat". I'm not sure which one is more fitting. Anyone who knows me at all tends to laugh at the "Angelic" part of my new nickname..

"Be Afraid - the world needs more fraids!"
People hate vegetarians
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy