Why do you try so damn hard to fit in when you were born to stand out? - brann22
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Music

User Thread
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that A Distraction B is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Music
what do you think of the recent music being released? is it getting better? worse?

"you held my hem as I traveled blind listening to the whispering in my ear"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that [bastard_earth] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
most definitely worse. maybe its because we look back on some memory we've subconsiously associated that song with in our minds, and it takes awhile for those emotions to build up to a level that could affect you. thats why new music is meaningless and lacks substance and basic fucking intelligence, and the emotions (if any) are bland and uninspirational and need more time to surface so they can be be associated with something. when i listen to music i think on a higher level, somehow. alot of scenarios run through my mind, and sometimes I get reacuring images sometimes, all at the same point during the songs. many things like that hapen when i listen to music and I've written about it alot come to think of it, and it makes sense to me. music is quite powerful.

"Never love anything enough that you cannot bare to see it die"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lynnz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Its just a shame......even at my age i appreciate ol classic rock and how music use to be. Music is so predictable now that ive just become bored with it. But ya know music is art and everybody has a way of expressing themselves, no matter how much it may suck. Music can take u to a place uve never been to before and inspire u to reach for new things. It can express any emotion we're feeling. I agree with ^^^^, it is quite powerful

"Keep your mind open so your thoughts are free to explore"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that JoelB is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
New music today huh....well Im gunna have to say, that it is VERY predictable, and at times, it all does sound the same. But at the same time...I cant stop myself from liking some of it ^_^. Bands like, Good Charlotte, Simple Plan, and those kind of pussy pop rock bands, I cant STAND. Everytime I hear their whiney voices I just want to cock the hammer to a gun and shoot the shit out of my stereo, lol. But a lot of the new stuff, like interpol, jet, muse, my chemical romance (personally my new favorite, although they arent new, they just became mainstream this year), the used, and some others I find myself singing and screaming along to while driving lol. But then again, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And everyone has different tastes. I pretty much like anything, rap, rock, HARD rock, classical. Just depends on my mood. Verdict - Todays music isnt ALL that bad. But some of it, yes, yes it is.

"Aint flashed a smile in a long while...."
 37yrs • M •
NICKRULEZ is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
music has changed alot. look at rap before it was blunts forties and bitches now its oh i'm so cool and i have lots of bling. its gone to pop.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that White_Bishop is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't think that we should classify all music as bad. Many of the new stuff that comes out is good, it is just that the modern audience is getting worse. Music is forced to adhere to what the common person wants, and the common person is not very smart. If you want to find good music, you have to know where to look for it. While it may not be popular, good music still does exist.
Many of the good music is good because it is so inovating and new. So it is somehow hard to compare to the old stuff in that category, but imagine if some of the good stuff out there today had been created back in the old days, today it would be classic. I think that it is just a hard time for good music to survive and be recognized today, but I think that it is still being created.

"Words are but the pathways for thought to travel from mind to mind"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i'm not that educated in underground music, but i've really been getting into sonic youth lately. i think they're possibly my second or third favorite band. i realize that the distortion-reeking postpunk movement of the eighties may be considered cliche by now, but im really not into this emo thing that's going on--modest mouse has some alright stuff i guess(bukowski is an awesome song), but then again i don't know many of the bands. i just don't like music that's as blatantly confessional as some of their more popular songs. is there anything current that approaches the raw edginess that bands like sonic youth and the germs, early nirvana, etc. had? i love how these guys can be musical and at the same time drown everything in raw feedback. it's a really cool effect that i've become addicted to.

"You are reading this."
[  Edited by Windupnostril at   ]
 37yrs • M •
Check out Idiot Pilot. Download their song "to buy a gun". I don't know if you will like it, but check it out. Try broadening your horizons a bit, you may find things you like. But hey who knows. I've never heard sonic youth, or the germs. A couple more suggestions, for loud screaming music, check out My Chemical Romance's "Hang em High", and The Used's "Sound effects and Overdramatics". Theres some screaming for you, lol.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hey thanks for the recommendations, i'll have to check that stuff out. i think i've heard stuff from the used, but not any of those other bands. can't put my finger on what i've heard from them though.

"You are reading this."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that analytical29 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Im not going to comment on todays music, but i will say that in the past music was more appealing.

""That's only the tip of the iceberg.""
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that niners69sgirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i go half n half i like some of the new stuff like i'm not okay by my chemical romance and some other stuff but i mostly like the nintey's stuff ....and god forbid me say this but nkotb its all my sisters fault she did it she made me listen

"sonrisa siesta y fiesta ...if ya wanna know don't be afraid to ask i only bite on days that end in y"
 45yrs • M •
j222d is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Music today has no body, it is all rehashed shit .... people these days are just taking the old and making it new...Now when I say that I shouldn't generalize...I am talking in regards to TOP 40... if you can call it that..How many times have you been listening to a song on the radio or tv ,only to hear a recognizable riff...It is annoying....I blame AMErican/Australian/Ukranian IDOL....I add ukrane as I am pretty sure that there is an "IDOL" show in evry country...
Give me Zepplin, Zappa anyday..
If Bradley Nowell could see Gwen Stefani now I am pretty sure he would roll over in his grave screaming...WHHHHHHYYYYYYYY!!!!
And for another point rap is mostly about gangs and busting caps and shit.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
[  Edited by j222d at   ]
 40yrs • M •
suvodip is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i hate rap which is not even a music, it is kinda poems with certain accent. I love 70s 80s and 90s music. Even Bryan Adams' latest album is by far the worst of any of his albums.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Enigmatic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I can agree that most of the really great music is the older stuff, but there is a lot of good music out there today....you just have to look a little harder for it. The problem is this thing people have created called "mainstream".

"How am I not myself?"
 37yrs • M •
Rap IS music. Weather you like it or not. Just because you dont like it, doesn't give you the right to declassify it. What defines music? A guitar? I'll give you a rap song with a guitar in it. So they dont yell and scream, instead they flow and rhyme. And not ALL rap is about bustin caps and gangs. If you listen to 50 cent, then yes, that is what it is about. But if you listen to Nas, then its about black heritage, its about how his dad was a great influence on him. Sure all rap/rappers will probably make a reference to gangs, guns, and drugs through out their carrer, but tell me that drugs werent a part of rock as well? Instead of slingin' the drugs, rockstars were using them and getting horribly addicted to them. Just dont declassify something just because you don't enjoy it.

Music
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy