Sometimes I wonder if I am just a twisted figment of my friends overactive imaginations. - Cheriss
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

JUST A THOUGHT

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that gothabomber is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
JUST A THOUGHT
Ok here it is, you know the saying " If a tree falls in the forrest but theres no one round to hear it... did it actually make a sound?"

ok u get the basic jest of it... well how about this...

If a man is walking by a fruit stand and he takes something from the fruit stand but no one is around to se him do it... did he actually do something wrong????

Is this feesable????

"everything but never anything"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the tree still makes a sound, and that is still stealing.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • M •
and how can you be so sure of that?

40yrs • M •
are you sure im wrong?

whatever is stolen, even though it wont be witnessed, will still be gone whenever somebody returns to look for it.

same with the tree, it will be on its side instead of standing tall. common sense tells me it would have made some sort of sound at some point, regardless of anyone being there to witness it.

this discussion will go in a lot of circles. what it really comes down to is the beliefes i have about how the world operates. they can be argued til the sun comes up and nothing will be solved.

37yrs • M •
your entitled tou your beliefes i would never suggest other wise.
As faras being sure that u are wrong im not, thats why i introduced the thread becuase i wasnt sure if teh principle would apply.

Again you are intitled to your opinion and if you think that common sense is wat u need to help u understand how the world works then thats fine.
Exept ur veiw conflicts with mine becuase i put it down to induction that people automaticly presume the tree did make a sound and that it was wrong to take something blah blah blah

If you thought it pointless to argue with me cuase its just a difference of opinion then why bother replying when i asked if anyone wanted to discuss.

40yrs • M •
i can just see it going back and forth based on opinions quite easily and i would rather you (and anyone else who particpates) back up their reasonings with physical evidence if possible. if you can prove a tree makes no noise then i am very interested.

43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vegeto is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How about this, when the tree falls, it makes vibrations that could be interpreted as sound, but since there is no one there, there are only vibrations.

You have done something wrong as soon as the pain of loss is felt by your victim. Your actions do have concequences, even if you don't see it. You sound like you are trying to make ignorace your bliss.

40yrs • M •
precisely vegeto, all actions/events have consequences/outcomes.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We have to deduce, that the tree should make a sound, as the universe is not artibary, it's laws are fixed.

If the shop keeper does not return to his shop, then I don't think it is stealing. However, if he does return, then it will be stealing.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 37yrs • M •
you dont deduct at all, you use induction, by just thinking that if it happens when we are there a number of times (even if its recorded) you assume that it will happen again... its not totaly reliable.

36yrs • M •
SarkazticSpaz is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
i would say that a tree does not make a sound, a sound, by definision is a vibration picked up by an ear. if no one was around all that tree did is cause vibrations in the air, if you take it literaly the statment is false, but thats just my thoughts

"‰üŠv¥¶Šˆ"
 35yrs • M •
GB, thats what I said, the tree should make a noise, not wil, but should.

Yeah, literally it will just make vibrations

36yrs • M •
SarkazticSpaz is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
in the matrix game that came out on xbox a charchter said something of this anture

you drop a stone from you hand and it falls to the floor, you drop it again and you do not know if it will float the the celing

"‰üŠv¥¶Šˆ"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Apeiron is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
omfg...

heheh... i think the consoles like to phylosofy

"All has an origin in all, and nothing has a origin in nothing"
 35yrs • M •
Yeah, it's like, if I punch you a 1000 times, and everytime you feel pain, then consequently I'l presume that on the 1001th time, the same result will follow.
But keeping on philosphising on this is stupid.

JUST A THOUGHT
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy