Sometimes you have to do what you don't like to get to where you want to be. - Tori Amos
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

JUST A THOUGHT - Page 5

User Thread
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Romach is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Without reading it, however, I can probably argue that certain things can be known a priori. Things known a priori most likely cannot be argued as soundly as things known a posteriori. So, science, with a solid foundation in logic and mathematics, is rational, therefore debateable. Epistemological concepts are irrational because although such concepts may be argued logically, even mathematically, the concepts themselves are not grounded in logic and mathematics. Not solidly grounded, they are not rational; therefore, not debateable. I, however, disagree.

48yrs • M •
One may argue that various forms of morality are epistemological concepts that are irrational; therefore, not debateable. However, morality, in its various forms, is practical. It is practical because humans are socially interactive, using their various forms of morality. Humans tend to be irrational about the morality they've conceptualized, but discussing it rationally clarifies problems with the irrationality, not necessarily with the issue of morality.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Hmm . . . if no one gives u a direction, which way will u go?
quote:
discussing it rationally clarifies problems with the irrationality, not necessarily with the issue of morality.

Admittedly, I tend to agree to a degree.
If you accept the real possibiltiy of their worst then you are pleasantly surprised when they don't live up to your expectations.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 48yrs • M •
Can you please be more specific with what you mean cturtle. I am either too dumb or you are too vague.

48yrs • M •
Thank you.

48yrs • M •
To simplify what I was saying about the web article: one can debate about the rationality of morality as readily as one can debate about things scientific. One may or may not give up his or her beliefs about a thing being moral. However, the rationality over accepting that thing being moral is debateable. If it is the Rational perspective that makes the thing moral and we debate about the rational perspective, then we, in fact, debate about the morality of the thing when we debate about a person's rational perspective.

48yrs • M •
Is it moral? It may or may not be Why is it moral to you? The answer may or may not be rational to be acceptable, and that is the point of debate.

48yrs • M •
Some people say subjects like morality are irrelevant altogether because morality is not something that can be known a posteriori. However, the environment in which humans interact can be known a posteriori, affecting human rationality. We can, therefore, discuss morality indirectly without discarding the debate over things known a posteriori.

38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ooo. You used a posteriori. I'm so not impressed.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I didn't see anyone trying to make anyone look inferior, when kids learn new words they sometimes like to use them, if we don't know what it is and we care, we'll look it up.

This is some weird bickering going on, I smell holidays

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thax Awake, I was just going along thinking maybe the point would become apprerant? Glad you supplied the reference definitons to the augment.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
He has a lot to offer?
I'll pass.

Lefty - It is the holidays, but instead of St. Nick, we got blessed with the Grinch who thinks he's so cool that he can treat anything like shit - including the puppy with the wide eyes.

Hahaha. God, I love being a bitch sometimes.
Sorry.
It must be PMS.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 48yrs • M •
Ah, c'mon, y'all. I'm just a l'l ole Louisiana boy. I don't mean to piss no one off. You know how we cajuns are. We too dumb to know any better. Please fogive me.

48yrs • M •
I don't hate no puppies with no big eyes.

48yrs • M •
Then go to Time Travel.

JUST A THOUGHT - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy