Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

JUST A THOUGHT - Page 6

User Thread
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Romach is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you want to hate on me because of something you find wrong, then you might want to look at what's wrong with yourself before you look at what's wrong with me. There is too much space in between us for you to even know me for you to hate me.

48yrs • M •
I hold no biases against anyone. I hate no one. I am a person who interacts and who yields an interaction. Would you prefer a run of the mill, status quo type, or someone who stirrs up the ole thought processes?

48yrs • M •
I simply find it rediculous when a person looking at a computer screen musters up the audacity to hurl personal attacks at a person somewhere on the other side.

48yrs • M •
I was not responding to you. I was responding to the above exchange. As far as Astarte, she has had a personal problem with me from the get go that only she can explain. If I am attacked I have the right to defend myself. If you look at my remarks compared to hers you'll notice what qualifies as personal attacks and what are justifiable responses.

[  Edited by Romach at   ]
 48yrs • M •
I love this place, and I don't feel like I should be bullied out by anyone. Why? Because of the bully's insecurities? This is a virtual world. Nobody is judging you. What is this "ivory tower" junk anyway? I'm a junior at McNeese State University on financial aid. I don't think you could go to a smaller school.

[  Edited by Romach at   ]
 48yrs • M •
Andalusian Spaniards love to debate, Jews love to debate, it's a fierce, bloody, noble passion.

38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Right, and you don't find it "rediculous" that you just keep posting and posting to continue adding onto a defense that was weak to begin with?

I don't need to know you, all I need to know is this: You're 29 years old, still in college and as a result, you must prove yourself to everyone that you meet by throwing random shit at them that you learned in "class." I personally don't give a shit, and I don't need to log onto this site and have to read your shit. Especially when you get high and mighty with others around here and lose your decency - makes me wonder how much of an asshole you must be in person.

You attacking my analogies because you think it's cool, is pretty lame.
And I already told you, you just piss me off because you're so conceited. I don't care if it's the internet, if I come back home from work and I'm just going through a couple threads for fifteen minutes before I go out with friends or something else, I don't want to read your shit. So either you find respect in the way you debate, or you put up with my constant shit because I'm tired of you acting like you're the all-knowing.

No one gives a shit if you can tell Camus from Plato. So stop flaunting it, or acting like you can.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Egad, you go away for a time to return house filled with a filthy mess?
quote:
I love this place, and I don't feel like I should be bullied out by anyone. Why?
I guess it is because we can come with differences of opinions & education & background [ethnic, religious, etc] and seek to communicate with each other.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you wish to share, share with respect.
One of my biggest pet peeves are people who stick in random, useless pieces of information in the things they say or write just to look better than others.

It's obvious this idiot just notes random shit like philosophers and whatnot to try to belittle or impress others, and that's just like a ticking time bomb in me that's gonna go off. If you want to mention a new idea, explain it. He knows very well that most people aren't going to know shit like a priori or whatnot, and he fails to mention their explanation because he wants to come out condescending.

Which is extremely stupid, and pisses me off.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the Ploy is an 'object to ridicule' to those whom it is applied.
Me? I am not sure I have been insulted? Not sure if I understand the definition let alone what is being defined?
quote:
a priori - 1. proceeding from cause to effect, or from an assumption to its logical conclusion 2. based on theory rather than on experience or examination [from Latin meaning from what is before]
a posteriori - 1. reasoning from facts to principles or from effect to cause 2. inductive; empirical [from Latin meaning from the later]

Now everyone is on equal footing semantically?
quote:
I'm glad you're around giving me argument fodder because I'm outta school for Thanksgiving break and I have a lot of time to kill. What better way to kill it than by arguing philosophy?
I found the perspectus gained worthy the effort to read the thread.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 48yrs • M •
I like you, cturtle. You're aggression grows with every posting. It must be that good old time religion.

48yrs • M •
I suppose the more who hate me on this site, the better. Fall in line. Join the parade, cturtle.

48yrs • M •
However, I could actually do without the hate.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think you are all nuts

Just like me.

But I also think that lacking clarifications, regardless of attempts, and personal insecurities are running on overdrive.

I have not seen a substantial and meaningful defilement of any other. Astartes actually being the closest.

But this also depends on any hidden meanings I'm not aware of, and peoples periods, men included.

I'm just curious if you guys know what you are bickering about anymore?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 48yrs • M •
Between Astarte wanting to snipe at me and cturtle quoting me out of context and then being so vague such thatno one can be exactly sure what he wants to say when he quotes me, I find it difficult to understand the purpose of this site. I was initially under the impression that it was a philosophy forum. Then Astarte leads me to believe that it's only a gossip forum. Then cturtle leads me to believe that it's only a Christian evangelical forum. I'm confused. I keep coming back, ironically, because this site happens to be the most user-friendly forum I've been to. I'm somehow hoping to find people here who are as friendly.

JUST A THOUGHT - Page 6
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy