Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The best way to apologise to a girl

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Ambition is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I need to know what the best way to apologise to a girl is, as i'm in a spot of bother right now...suggestions??

"Lifes battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man but in the end the man who wins is the man who thinks he can"
 54yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Evilia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Go to the store....get some flowers, (or a flower), and write a little note of sorryness, and leave, or have someone leave it on her desk. She HAS to forgive you....everyone in class will be all...."AAAWWWEEE".

if your not in school anymore....hit me up for more suggestions.

"Spellcheck is for pussies. REAL women make mistakes."
 80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Men can never truly apologize, only hope that by spending the rest of their lives in flagelation and abject poverty that their penance will distract from their crude/rude behavior.

Otherwise, Evilia gave some great advice.

BE SURE YOU DON'T HAND IT TO HER or you open yourself up to all kinds of hurtful things.

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
 80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Silver-tongued fox, stay away from my daughters!

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I personally used to stay up really late (like 2 in the morning) and write sappy poems. The whole staying up late thing was a way of showing that I really cared.

And don't listen to Decius... because trust me... YOU WILL NEVER WIN THE ARGUEMENT! I have been blamed for things i hadn't done, and after an hour of arguing... it was right to rough draft of the poem.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 32yrs • M •
llCharmedll is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I agree with Dugbug, i find that poems and love notes (emails even) work the best, i once even wrote a song for my girlfriend, she cried and kissed me...
Always works

"One arguement can ruin a whole life"
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that xxxxchelseaxxxx is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
All girls want is for you to be conscious of them and their 'feelings' no matter how stupid they may be. Listen to her side of the story and agree to disagree ..it helps

"wit is only educated insolence"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
say your sorry, give her stuff, make yourself seem pathetic and make her feel special. That should work.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
 44yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that beatle919 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The best way to apologize to a girl...just be straightforward and genuine. Sincerity goes a LONG way!

And as far as gifts, poems, and that sort of thing goes...those tokens are appreciated at any random time (not just when you're groveling) , just to remind a girl that she's special. But, it should definitely go both ways!

""A woman is like a bag of tea. You never know how strong she is until she gets into hot water." -Eleanor Roosevelt"
 33yrs • M •
MAN-U is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
what if u cant get near her to apologise

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you can't get near her to apologise, then go for soppy emails or record yourself grovelling/singing (though the later should only be done if you can sing) on webcam or something like that. If it's big enough for her to hate you enough to tell you to get lost and leave her alone, you are probably best to give her a little time to cool off first, and if all else fails "sacrifice yourself on the alter of dignity to even the score" (if you don't get the reference watch "10 Things I hate about you".).

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 33yrs • M •
MAN-U is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
ok thanks

51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Sorceress is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I would suggest you think about why you are saying sorry first. Make sure you really are sorry or at the very least understand why she's so upset. If you can try and see things from her point of view and be sincere in what you are saying to her, she will love you for it. Be true to yourself and your relationship.

""Each child holds the world in an open hand to mould it into any shape they choose.""
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yep! The truth is most guys don't even understand why women actually get upset. We're like a bunch of "Odies" running around with our tongues hanging out, doing things we think are "just fine" when they aren't. If we truly "loved" or cared for the woman we're with we would feel a kind of light bulb turn on in our heads, telling us that we're stepping into something we shouldn't, even if we have no idea why. It's sort of a subconscious understanding cultivated by genuine feeling that keeps us in check.

I knew a guy who was pretty much a "dog" to his girlfriends as far back as high school and he started dating this girl I would loved to have met first. Anyway, at this wild party in college he had this opportunity to hook up with this really hot girl. He takes her in one of the empty rooms at The House and she's disrobed and under the sheets, but suddenly he stops and just stares at this girl with this “come hither” look in her eyes. He didn't move. He just couldn't get naked with this girl and do what his libido was screaming at him to do. That's when, he says, he knew he was in a serious relationship, although at the time he didn't understand what was going on. An “Odie,” like I said.

All I'm saying is that if you really understand why she's upset, what you really did wrong, then, and only then, can you really apologize. I mean you have to tell her why you're sorry, and why you know what you did was wrong. That's the only way, I think. Of course, there are lots of women who are quickly and easily pacified with a bouquet of flower, but only if you don't have to talk about what you did wrong, especially if you really don't know.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wizardslogic is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Oh, and, by the way, I went back to college about five years ago. I'm talking about something that happened about three years ago so it's not like an antiquated idea. I kinda' look a little younger than I am (actually, alot younger: It's weird), so most of my friends were alot younger than me. And this kid, whose about 27 now, actually married this girl. I guess he figured something out.

"Each conscious mind is alone in the universe!"
  1    2  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy