A wise man considers that anything is possible, an enlightened one knows it to be. - ekimup
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

John kerry out of touch with UN - Page 3

User Thread
 61yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that imn2caves is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
IU, you're correct. There is NOW support from other countries. Were they present at the beginning of the war? Other than Britan, who else actually fought with us prior to the "Mission Accomplished" banner going up?

If my memory serves me (7 out of 10 times), there was a threat, for lack of a better word, that if you weren't with us then you could not join in the rebuilding process. The irony is that most of the countries you listed will never be involved in the rebuilding on a large scale, if at all. These countries are for the most part, poor. They will ask for reimbursment either directly, or in the form of loans from the US or IMF, or in the form of debt reduction. Eventually if they aren't paid for their services, they will go away.

This is why the UN needs to get invovled. Yes, I know we pay for most of the UN. But we've created a level of hatred for America that has never been seen before. My father always said, you're not born with respect, you earn it.

"No one died when Clinton lied!"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We need the UN, sadly we are now running a campain to discredit the UN. Man - I hope no one runs a campain to discredit america, we have lots of loose ends.

The king of Jordan might be able to help us - he is currently turning to his brethren nations and asking them to help the U.S. to succeed, explaining that if we don't succeed, it could be real bad for all of us. But Bush has got to go, he will surely mess that up too.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The listing of countries and their 'committed' troops is impressive, but skewed. How many of those troops were present for the invasion? How many of those troops are combatants? Many, like the Spanish, are medical or security or paper pushers. The former Spanish Prime Minister went out on a limb for Bush to try to drag in the French and German support. Unfortunately it cost his party control of Spain just because he sent medical corps to aid the Iraqi peoples. Give us some number of actual combatant forces based on population, i.e. Great Britain has a population of about 1/6 that of the U.S. THEN, gauge the participation and support they afforded Bush. Their support, and that of the other countries was more in name rather than substance.

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
America pays 1/4 of the cost for the UN....who is betraying america.

I feel we should pull out and watch it collapse.

How many nations are the strength of the UN? 7?
Hmmm..

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Idealy, America pays the UN to do its job, America does not pay the UN to be its lackey.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Strange isn't it, America the land of democracy wants to discredit (denounce) the UN when it acts as a democracy by not supporting our position?
Democracy? How does that song go by Lennon (?)
Wake me up on Judgement Day?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 55yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that FederalistUSA is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
From cturtle - Strange isn't it, America the land of democracy wants to discredit (denounce) the UN when it acts as a democracy by not supporting our position?

Iagree that we should not buck against the U.N. just because they don't agree with us. I think part of our problem with the U.N is that people in our government knew something had to be wrong. UNScam - is the stuff the U.S. knew was wrong with the U.N. See - http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/19737.htm , http://www.acepilots.com/unscam/ , http://www.bearstrong.net/warblog/000676.html

64yrs • M •
We need the UN and the UN needs us. As I recall Bush did seek UN approval before the war, with all the arm twisting going on, I don't think we had full UN approval. So we have undermined the UNs power to do its job by our disrespect of its authority, and now we need the UN.

Neither the UN or the US is perfect, we have our faults, but we should have not burnt that bridge and went in there without the UNs full approval. But we did, and that's history. Now we need to repair that bridge, not break it further.

64yrs • M •
quote:
Iagree that we should not buck against the U.N. just because they don't agree with us. I think part of our problem with the U.N is that people in our government knew something had to be wrong. UNScam - is the stuff the U.S. knew was wrong with the U.N. See - http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/19737.htm , http://www.acepilots.com/unscam/ , http://www.bearstrong.net/warblog/000676.html

quote:

If the accusations are true, they come at a very bad time. ..

I have no doubt that this is true. But I don't believe we should be making a big deal out of it. We want the UN to be a creditable organization respected by all nations. We've already undermined its authority, now we need to just leave this one alone.

I know that there are some people who believe the UN is a tool of the Anti-Christ to take control of the world. My father believed that. I ask that you look at its creation. It was created as an organization that would create peace in our world, its roots are good. There is a growing organization that has more influence and control over world affairs then the UN, and yet it has no leader, building or even a name. It moves silently and unnoticed - MONEY, and corporations are its world apostles. The UN is not a threat to our world. We just caught them making a mistake. God only knows how many mistakes the U.S. has made, Russia, England, etc.

I would hope we would work to rebuild the bridge we burnt.

72yrs • M •
Dim memory of the UN coming out of some sort of post-WW11 organization, wasn't that bacisally an American effort from the beginning?
quote:
Well, like they say if you start with bitter fruit then you will probably end up with a bitter pie.
Of course the UN doesn't have any military power, it was suppose to be an international meeting place, where nations would come to air views and differences rather than waring with each other.
quote:
So Enforcement has always been an issue, 'How do you force one to concede to others wishes without useing force?
Wasn't it the USA's desire to keep certain countries out of the UN which caused the separatist movement from the UN.
quote:
If they won't do what we want them to then we will do it ourselves.
Note that since WW11, the USA interpets peace as the holding weapons of mass destruction over the heads of other nations to insure they comply with what the USA desires to be the (their) Way to run the World.
quote:
So smaller independent nations percieve that they needed to have these WMD as a deterent to USA occupying their country (military bases with WMD).
The COLD WAR!
I made this statement before to others . . . If my next door neighbor kept a machine gun aimed at my door, I might get a little concerned about THEIR intent especially after of few years of being a good neighbor? So I get my own machine gun and train it upon their door, only to find they replaced their gun with missle launcher . . . etc . . . etc.
quote:
Who started this crap anyway, who has all these WMD to begin with as leverage to their rule? We ain't got Nobody but ourselves for this IGNORANCE & WAR!
So the UN tried to apply economic pressure to enforce their rulings & decisions.
quote:
wonder who thought up that brillant move?
{capitalistic aggration cloak in economic dictatums}

gee, maybe if we had tried to actually live in peace, we might have been more successful at finding peace? I know this may sound really of the wall but who knows it might work but then we all would have to try to live at peace, wouldn't we?
May be the problem is we don't want peace until we rule the world . . .
then when we have it all then we can have peace!

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 74yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that IUHoosier is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In the US, when a crime is committed, we can punish the guilty parties. Not so in the UN. How can we expect UN support when 2 of the five security council members were getting billions through the oil for food money. Koffi is not innocent in this either. Let's also remember, they hated us before we went into Iraq. It is not the cause of the hatred. This is caused by our support of Israel and the spread of the "decadent" American culture (women's lib, mtv, clothing, etc.).
the hatred is reinforced in most Arab nation schools by their clerics.

80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
IU, at 55 you are too young to remember the propaganda during and at the end of WWII ("dirty Japs" from my history book in the 3rd grade), but you are old enough to know better than to try to try to undermine the UN because of politics and try to spread the myth of criminal justice in the US. Because you have your feet stuck in the 'pie' of American culture maybe you are too close to see how rotten the 'selling' of that pie really is.
cturtle - The organization was the League of Nations. They tried to get it started after WWI, headquartered in San Francisco. We wouldn't join that, so it failed. Thanks to Elenor Rosevelt we got the UN. It still grates on many American 'machos' that the US can't impose its total will on the rest of the world because of the UN. Having lived abroad for over 20 years and suffered the "I hate Americans" crap I can only say we bring it on ourselves by being arrogant a**holes.

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
 74yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that IUHoosier is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sorry, but we are the greatest benevolent nation on earth and for that matter, of all time. It is "they" who are interpreting our actions as arrogant more than our acting arrogant.

64yrs • M •
quote:
but we are the greatest benevolent nation on earth and for that matter, of all time.

And maybe we still are, but if we continue on this course...........

We need to really think about what we are doing.

72yrs • M •
quote:
Sorry, but we are the greatest benevolent nation on earth and for that matter, of all time. It is "they" who are interpreting our actions as arrogant more than our acting arrogant.
Ahh . . . the benevolent Despot?
Thanks team, I spent some time in foreign countries as well, so I know what you are saying is true & they are not as wrong as many want them to be.
Funny when you are in the minority, all of a sudden you become aware of prejudice. Well for some of us, others seem to believe that their money makes persona grandeous.

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
John kerry out of touch with UN - Page 3
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy