Do not dissect a rainbow. In other words, do not destroy a beautiful phenomenon by overanalyzing it. - Denise LaFrance
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Voluntary Human Extinction Movement

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
neo-ocelot is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Hello everyone.

Has anyone of you heard of Voluntary Human Extinction Movement (VHEMT) ?
Here is its website:
http://www.vhemt.org
Please share your opinions with me.
Personally, I'm a VHEMT Volunteer, and agree with its statements.
What about you?

52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think Every one except me and a host of hot babes should join- The idea did remind me of another movement I explored earlier today.
No doubt the earth would be better off without us but I think there is some hope- one day we'll abandon the cities the population will shrink and we will all live on farms and have some sort of communist type utopia to live in

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 1961yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that otb is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hmmm....I think I know a few ladies who must belong to that movement.

I'm with I R Me, reducing the numbers would be a good thing.
But if your set on extinction, and you wanna go on a membership drive...I know of a couple of places you should set up shop.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that rschulz is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Your movement poses two unanswered problems:

A. You presuppose that man is destroying the planet. How do you know?

Secondly, you presume that by the extinction of the human race you would 'save the planet.' How do you know this?

Also if you failed to notice, reducing the population would only increase mans ability to survive! Currently the population of the planet Earth increases by 2% every year. Now since an organism cannot outgrow it's food supply and man is on track to do just that, he will eventually destroy himself. What's better about this theory is that 1) its already in motion and 2) it definitely has a greater chance of success due to the fact everyone on the planet is already onboard anyway.

So, your will be done...just not by your means. The idea of extinction doesn't sound so good when you have no control over it. Does it?

"Morals here. Get your morals. Only cost...your freedom."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
JUS TELL ME WHERE THEIR OFFICE IS, I LL BLAST IT ALL TO PEICES!!!!

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Windupnostril is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i dont know about the whole saving the planet thing, but i for one find it kind of arrogent on the parents' part to assume that it's alright to just bring someone into the world. i mean, a lot of people would have been better off probably had they never been born, but they were forced into it by parents who later probably divorced and left their kids with unresolved feelings of betrayal and abandonment and expected them to go on enjoying life and at the same time unquestioningly perpetuating the species to create more like them for some unknown purpose except to be able to have some extra pictures in their wallets. i think a person should be required to have a phd in some kind of social science or child psychology in order to be allowed to raise kids. otherwise their probably going to do something wrong that gonna screw the kid up for life.

"You are reading this."
 1961yrs • M •
So "windup.." does that mean you are going to sign up?

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have a son, so it's too late for me to join, but I don't plan on having anymore.

I have heard of it a long time ago on a radio program. I didn't know it still existed.

I don't think it can succeed, however, it can help stop over population, and that's a good thing.

When we have children, we should think, "How are our children going to live?" Because of that I didn't want children, but I had one, and that's another story.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 1961yrs • M •
man, sex is just not going to be the same anymore with all this on my conscience

43yrs • M •
neo-ocelot is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Thanks for your opinions.
Okcitykid - you can "join", just don't breed anymore. It's all about the idea of not breeding, not joining. VHEMT is not an official organization with members, it gathers people who share its outlook.

Windup... - good point!

56yrs • M •
JackFlash is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The problem, as I see it, with this movement is that the people that are in it .. are likely to be those that are most able to educate others about the dangers of over population. Since the members of the movement will die off in a single generation ...... They are a little like the crack suicide rescue team in the "Life of Brian" kind of pointless..

I think that this problem is unlikely to be resolved Voluntarily. In my humble opinion, more likely is that either mother nature or some mad scientist .. will do it for us...

I do have one question though..

Why does this movement consider human overpopulation a threat to the planet? isn't it really just a threat to life forms on the planet? I mean from the point of view of the earth .. it is just a hot rock spinning in space .. it's been around for 5.4 billion years... what difference does a few outbreaks of dinasours and humans really make when you have another 12 billion years to go?

"I wear your scorn like a badge of honor"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Warriors_X is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lol, ya right.
Stop breeding my ass, in the end we are all gunna die off anywayz.
The Fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth

If there can only be one specie left alive on earth id rather it be humans so we can at least continue our explorations and conquests in space =D
They are trying to make future generations do what they want, not what they really want to do. Personally i think its stupiod, could be considered pacifised Genocide of the human race!!! =O

EDIT: Everything after the freaky face =)

"No matter how fast light thinks it is, it will always find that Drakness has beaten it and is already waiting..."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah man ur right. I mean the human race is natures best work, and we are superior to every thing else on our planet, and so our life is more valuable then a ants or chickens or whatever.( I mean FOR GODS SAKE) If u guys are really so dman worry about this poor ol earth THEN STOP EATINFG ALSO! U kill animals, eat them up, destroy plants, sit on chairs made from poor ol trees...
U know, i'd kill the shit ass dumbo who first thought of this F***ing movement. This is the first time when I havn't engaged in any argument, be it however stuipid, because when you argue witha fool, the peopl will think you are an fool.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wooly Bully is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
TO: neo-ocelot

Interesting that you asked for subjective opinions. Since you've already done that, I'll state some FACTS:

FACT:
Human Breeders.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action: 238,753 global births (after deaths) 'per DAY'. That's insane!!!

FACT:
VHEMT is about morals, ethics, and the protection of CHILDREN.

* And NO, I'm not going to argue this. I only participate in ruled debates.

FACT:
VHEMT considers other living 'intelligent' species.

* And NO, I'm not going to argue about intelligence. I only participate in ruled debates.

FACT:
VHEMT isn't only about 'extinction'.

You can properly research (this means hours – not minutes) the VHEMT web site for further information.

FACT:
VHEMT isn't only about 'Gaia'.

You can properly research (this means hours – not minutes) the VHEMT web site for further information.

FACT:
VHEMT is about making 'logical decisions' regarding human existence and Gaia.

* And NO, I'm not going to argue about logic. I only participate in ruled debates.

FACT:
The primary reasons YOU will not properly research (this means hours – not minutes) the VHEMT web site for further information are:

* Egoism
* Narcissism
* Guilty Conscience

PLEASE allow yourself the opportunity to expand your knowledge – 'First knowledge, then Wisdom.'

FACT:
The member 'Windupnostril' is a true protector of CHILDREN. He has attained 'Wisdom'.

WOOLY BULLY (personal statement):

First, you need to think GLOBALLY.

Intelligence isn't a birth right. Genes are passed on and 'very few people' have superior genes to ensure the CHILD has 'superior' health, intelligence, character, creativity, and so on.

DEATH is a fact. Yet, in question is how you die; cancer, drowning, murder, fire, and so on.

Consider it this way:
'Inflicting sentient existence on an otherwise unassuming pair of cells is the sickest form of torture.'

You are NOT giving children life; you're bringing them into an existence of DEATH.

It should be noted that 'Death' and 'Life' are an unknown. It's not possible to 'know' what this existence is (or isn't). It's all theory (conjecture).

Yes, I do mean unknown; your 'belief system' is conjecture – not FACT. Therefore, the CHILD begins a sentient existence where the most elementary questions (Life and Death) cannot be answered.

And you consider this moral? If so, then you're a......, as a gentleman I decline to state further.

* And NO, I'm not going to argue my statement. I only participate in ruled debates.

'Time is the coin of your Life, be wise how you spend it, or others will spend it for you.'

I will not spend my 'coin' arguing this at Captain Cynic. Of course, if you'd like to hire an auditorium, guarantee audiences of 1,500 people, pay my time and expenses – THEN I'd be more than happy to debate my statement with you.

FACT:
The member 'okcitykid' is misinformed. It's not too late for him to 'join'. VHEMT is a movement, not a dues paying club. He may not realize it, but by his statement he's already part of the movement.

FACT:
The member 'rschulz' is presenting misinformation, and using emotional deception (a common debate tactic) to disguise his lack of knowledge.

He can properly research (this means hours – not minutes) the VHEMT web site for further information.

FACT:
What can I say about the members 'Warriors_X' and 'Angel of Death'? It would take a year of mentorship and education to raise them up to a logical thought process. Maybe.

FACT:
The member 'jackflash' can have his questions answered by properly researching (this means hours – not minutes) the VHEMT web site for further information. Also, his 'lead in questions' are a common debate tactic.

Global Laws are passed to.....

Don't think in numbers (billions), or countries, or culture, or ethnicity, and so on. There's only you and 24 other people. Together, you will decide what is best for the CHILDREN (not for yourselves).

Sean Connery (actor) in the movie First Knight made a relevant statement:

'There are laws that enslave men, and laws that set them free. What we hold to be right, and good, and true – IS right, and good, and true; for ALL men. May God grant us the wisdom to discover right, the will to choose it, and the strength to make it endure.'

If you've read this far, then I need to reward you with something befitting your inquisitiveness. And I do so with the utmost 'Respect' and friendly intent.

Therefore, I request you read the following quotes. The ideas and wisdoms presented by these authors have proven valuable to me, and maybe you'll enjoy some of them.

You have my apologies in advance if you're offended by my forwardness of offering you more 'food for thought'.

I'll continue my statement at the end of the quotes.

'The Cynics are right nine times out of ten.'
- H. L. Mencken

'In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities. In the expert's mind there are few.'
- Shunryu Suzuki

'Personally, I'm always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught.'
- Winston Churchill

'Sit down before FACT as a little child, be prepared to give up every preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and to whatever abysses Nature leads, or you shall learn nothing.'
- Thomas Henry Huxley

'Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.'
- Leo Tolstoy

'Most people say/think...' – That's your point? How naïve, since most people are of limited intellect and undereducated.
- Albert Einstein

'The beginning of Wisdom is: Acquire wisdom, and with all your acquiring, get understanding.'
- Proverbs 4:7 (New American Standard Bible)

'All Truth passes through three stages. First, it's ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Then, with great fanfare, it is accepted as being self-evident.'
- Arthur Schopenhauer

FACT:
Human Breeders.
There is nothing more frightful than ignorance in action: 238,753 global births (after deaths) 'per DAY'. That's insane!!!

If you fail to properly research VHEMT (this means hours, not minutes) – then the reality will be that you're doing a disservice to yourself, children, and Earth with its millions of creatures.

'Thank You' for allowing me to share an idea (movement) with you.

'May your path be straight, and your stumbles few.'

Voluntary Human Extinction Movement (VHEMT)
(www.vhemt.org)

Welcome!
You can relate to VHEMT in one of three ways: Volunteer, Supporter, or Undecided.
(www.vhemt.org/join.htm)

VHEMT Volunteer:
'All of us should voluntarily refrain from reproducing further, thereby bringing about the
eventual extinction of human beings.'

VHEMT Supporter:
'Intentional creation of one more of us by any of us is unjustifiable at this time. Extinction of the human species goes too far.'

Undecided:
'Stop trying to put words in my mouth. Maybe I'm a Volunteer, or maybe I'm a Supporter. I'd like to know more before I decide.'

'Quarrel not at all. No man resolved to make the most of himself, can spare time for personal contention. Still less can he afford to take all the consequences, including the vitiating of his temper, and the loss of self-control. Yield larger things to which you can show no more than equal right; and yield lesser ones, though clearly your own. Better give your path to a dog, than be bitten by him in contesting for the right. Even killing the dog would not cure the bite.'
- Abraham Lincoln

"Not being able to govern events, I govern myself."
[  Edited by Wooly Bully at   ]
 32yrs • F •
Razzle Dazzle is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
WOW!!!

Where were you Wooly Bully in year 2004?

You should have posted first instead of "neo-ocelot".

I'm going to "properly research" (your words) VHEMT and get back with you.

Until then....

"What you see may not be what you get."
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy