Well i was as helpless as a chess piece when I was lifted up by someone's hand, and delivered from the corner my enemies had got me in. (Brighteyes) - iSOUGHT|THOUGHT
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Soul Mates

User Thread
 47yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pv_emerald14 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Soul Mates
Do you believe that every person has a soul mate? Why or why not? Also do you believe that (saying that reincarnation exsists) everyone travels in the same circles, with the same people life after life after life?

Em

""Live life to the fullest!""
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No I do not beleive that at all- I think that for each person there are are a multitude of "Soul mateS" and that we need to find a person that fits a like mold- We like toi think that we are so unique but we are not so unique that we unmatchable. *(I hope there is no reincarnation ) but if there is my thought is this the worlds population is growing- so are there new souls or is the waiting period between lives growing shorter?

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ARE has investigated this idea and have decided that two people may have fallen in love with eachother, having died and been reincarnated meet up again. Though they do not know eachother, when they meet, it seems, they have known eachother for ever. Just a theory.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ive met people i feel like ive known forever. id like to believe in "soul mates" but the more experience i have with relationships the less i think its true. your "soul mate" is basically somebody that will put up with all your shit while you do the same for them. what if your "soul mate" dies? what if they love somebody else? what if you love more than one person? its just to complicated to be real.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 64yrs • M •
Getting back to the path. I think I slipped off the path when I joined the Navy. I don't want anyone to think that joining the Navy is bad. But it was not me. But I think I'm back on that path, being me.

I can't say that my wife is my soul mate. I don't think she would call me her soul mate. If I had a soul mate, I missed her. Probebly the same is so for my wife, who like me has found her way back. While the path has many exits, it has many entrances. When U are on the path, U meet who U R supposed to. That someone may or may not be a soul mate. Then maybe Ur supposed to be alone.

52yrs • M •
I think also that the concept of a soul mate can be detrimental in the thought that it can lead to unrealistic expectations which may drive people apart or fail to bring them together. Ideals can get in the way of realistic happines and enjoyment in life- I think it is wrong and a waste of time looking for that ideal soul mate- life's imperfections can lead to imperfect living and the lord knows we are all imperfect. The idea of a soulmate can delude a person as well - ie. sticking out in horrid relationship fo the sake of some rediculous ideals. Well anyway good luck finding your soulmate if there looking for the same thing maybe you will find each otherone day..............

43yrs • F •
mis_girl26 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Yes I believe I found mine. You know that song that goes death is not goodbye well it is. Let me explain it this way. When people die they go to the other side, this side is all around us, it surrounds us. So that's why with someone who is dead they seem to be 'with' you. You probably will not live on this earth again but you will always have your soulmate, if that makes sense.

"ha!"
 52yrs • M •
I think the whole soulmates thing is overblown- people find a suitible match and go ofdf to be happy- I think there are many matches for a person you need to find a personality type not look for that 1 in a million person- I think people then grow together and then that person becomes that 1 in a million. If you wish to call them a soulmate at that time great- but for those looking for the one in a million you are wasting your time...

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Warriors_X is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
woot, Tell them I R ME =)

"No matter how fast light thinks it is, it will always find that Drakness has beaten it and is already waiting..."
 43yrs • F •
mis_girl26 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Another thing about death. When you commit suicide you will look back at all people you hurt by choosing to die this way, and what you could do differently. In resentment you will be living in what is like hell. That is my view on suicide. Everyone has that match somewhere you began time with and will end time with that specific person or soul.

"ha!"
 52yrs • M •
soulmates indeed can make you mad but perhaps you need to brighten up mis_girl26, Soul mates refers to a loving relationship not necesarily "death partner"- perhaps something here is lost in translation....

64yrs • M •
I do believe in soulmates. I prescribe to the theory that it a love rekindled from a past life.

But I very much agree with I R Me. You have to go on and experience new things and cherish what you have if you're in a relationship.

I believe that anybody can love anyone. Sometimes it just happens like magic but most of the time it requires work. Even it you happen to be the one who is in one of those magical relationships - sooner or later the magic ends, and you have to work to keep it together.

I believe in soul mates. But soul mates are not all inclusive or only true love. My dream is that we can all love eachother, but I've thrown that dream away a long time ago. But don't throw a relationship away or count it less because it's not a soul mate relationship. Listen to I R Me on this one.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that kevosworld is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I strongly believe in a soul mate for i found her. i dont know if you guys know how it feels to miss someone everyday. you dream about that person just to wake up missing that person. It is like you are permanently home sick. When we are together it was like we have always known each other, sitting there contently, no need to ask questions or entertain one another. It just felt so perfect. I may lack in the years to say for sure, but everyone that i have conversated with tells me they never felt this way before. Teachers, my parents, older brother who is married, and fellow friends all tell me that i have something special in my hands. There is no doubt about it, she feels the same way about me.

"How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love?"
 52yrs • M •
That is great!
When I first started dating my lady I was so in love with her every day felt so awesome! this happiness spilled out all over the place_ I will never forget those feelings at times I felt allmost drugged it was so weird yet so great.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i know what you mean about that "drugged" feeling. people who do that to you are few and far between!

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
Soul Mates
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy