Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Soul Mates - Page 3

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
But how do u find out if that person is your soulmate or not?
Maybe it has got something to do with familiarity. I mean, before meeting my present girl, I used to get these really wierd feelings that she was like, u know, part of the family, i mean, like, a sister,,(ok, this is what i m sayin! like me and her had come from the same family upringingthus making me closer to her, u know, like your more closer to a cousin you have met for the same time, rather than a stranger, cuz the family upbringing, lifestyle, personality is more close. Man, hope I v made sense! I myself cant make any sense of it!

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 35yrs • F •
sexy nurse is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
[b]hiya im new on here so go easy on me please!!! yes i do believe "soul mates" excist bu i believe you have more than one of them! and im having so much fun playin with mr right now while im waiting for mr right!!

"im here n ready to rock all urz world"
 35yrs • M •
Well, I don't beleive in soul mates as such. I mean, the meaning of a soul is quite vague. Is a soul your personel being with it's own individuality, in which case the concpet of soul mates is then applicable, or do we all have just 'one' soul?

I believe that a person can fall in love with any other person in the world, because no one is 'bad'. For example, regardless if ur parents are ugly or good looking, sophisticated or scroundrels, u'll still love them.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I see in the post of those who feel they have found their soul mates a distinction about being 'in love' . Yes they could love some other than their soul mate but the relationship would not be the same. To them soul mate goes beyond being in love?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 62yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Lady Tazmanian is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe in soul mates, albeit it you won't know who it is until you're dead.

Sorry. I didn't mean for that to sound so dreadful.

72yrs • M •
quote:
Sorry. I didn't mean for that to sound so dreadful.

I have watched the comment in this thread & started off thinking that the concept of there being 'one true love' as being separate issue, but as things progressed I coming to see that these concepts are closely related.

37yrs • M •
WillowTheWisp is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I dont believe in either.

I think the concept of soulmates manifested out of our desire to hide from the emptiness in our lives. Just as religion and what not acts in a similar way.

But im just a paddler... *Derek Walcott

"Left stranded, once in glee, but now I see, the only truth that remains"
 35yrs • M •
Yeah, I don't beleive in soul mates either, i.e in the literall sense. Soul mates mean that your partner was decided before hand. We can say that there is someone out there who is very good for us, whom we can fall in love with, but not some mystical soul mate. But again, all this is just opinions.

Okay, so why is a particular person your soul mate? Why that specific person, do you both have the same soul, were close in some past life....

U know, I believe there is no 'individual' soul, we all the same. Thats why I believe that a person can fall in love with any one else, be that person a gangster or a nerd, because from te inside, everyone is the same, and you don't truly love a person from the outside.

72yrs • M •
On the one, people are saying things like opposites attract but every once in awhile you run into a couple who just seem to made for each other. Knowing that isn' t perfection but perfect match? Have you ever had a friend whom seem to click together?

38yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Astarte is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Oh dear.
I think our souls are all just pieces to a puzzle that's only constant is change - so they keep morphing as you keep morphing, and one day you'll find this soul out of all others that you caught at the right moment and you fit togther more than any other two. And some souls don't go in twos, they go in fours and sixes and eights and tens... and some create entire parts of the puzzle, and are content living that way.

The missing puzzle pieces are the souls that drifted off and don't care to connect with the others. The ones on the edge are constantly trying to seek others out that are like them, because they are eventually going to hold the entire puzzle together.

So what am I trying to say?
Soulmates don't exist.
It's like love,
some random excuse to explain an attraction for another. Like just having a strong attraction isn't enough, we just have to find a word for it and go communicate it to others. I have no clue. Maybe soulmates do exist, the one I thought was mine for the past ten years just left me because he thought he was better than me. And then after he left, I realized how much of a loser he was and all this time all I ever did for ten years was push up his self-esteem by stabbing him constantly with sympathy. That's not really anything.

That's just co-dependency, which most people in their blindless go off to proclaim as "love" or finding a soulmate.

Blah.
I hate streams of consciousness.

"Milk, almonds and pistachios."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think a lot of people confuse co-dependancy with love. its nice when someone thinks the same as you and will be there for you at all times, but this is nothing close to love.

nor is that type of person close to a soulmate

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 38yrs • F •
I know it..
Funny conversation I had with my ex last night about it, he calls me randomly to see "how I was" and we end up in this nostalgic bit about our past, and he asks me what my definition of love was..

Of course, I had to be honest and say love was what we mixed up with co-dependency, and I told him I've been in love with one person in my life so far and it is so altruistic, so selfless, this strange attraction to another's existence and to accept or sacrifice for their being in such a way that it wouldn't phase you at all..

And he didn't understand it.
Of course, how would anyone if they haven't felt what love really is.
IT's such a vague and stupid word to encompass the worth of what it is to selflessly care for another without even becoming affected by the consequences of doing so..

72yrs • M •
I agree with u, our desire for the relation to exist is so strong we tend to find trival ornaments. All that glitters is not gold.

One could begain to wonder, what is it, we offer to share?
Do receive as good as we get or are we looking in the wrong places?

38yrs • F •
Holy shit this week has been wonderful.
I realized a lot, most of which was from before I was just learning the wrong things from it.

Souls are stupid.
Mine isn't going to be anymore, if it has something to say, if it is sincere and it found a rare love in my heart, it's coming out..and fuck what reaction comes of it. If other souls don't want to hear it, they can simply walk away because they weren't ready to believe I was damn serious.

If I'm supposedly a Leo,
then I'm roaring without any concern what sort of reaction all the other bitch animals in the kingdom have - I still rule the land, so I say what I please. I express what I please, and enough of me bottling it in.

Sorry.
What a rant.
I was just so frustrated of bottling stuff up until last night when I realized, that would be denying who I am. And I am not denying who I am just to compromise others' reactions, anymore.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
it would seem that the sting of the scorpion is equivalent to the lion's roar...

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
Soul Mates - Page 3
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy