Just because we're licked a hundered years before we start is no reason not to try - Ambition
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Soul Mates - Page 4

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Soul mates. The first time I heard that word was in a science fiction book in seventh grade. Hoping to find my soul mate, I wrote the word soul mate in the name given in the science fiction book, attached it to a helium balloon, then threw it away because it was a stupid idea. My emotions may guide me, but my mind disciplines me.

Soul mates- I think they exist. A soul mate, to me, is someone with whose personality, experiences, and characteristics make you feel naked in front of them because they can see through you. They share similar interests with you. They think the way you do. Whether a person is a 100% soul mate, or a 50% soul mate depends on their characteristics. But if you read the fine print in the World's Ultimate Guide to Soul Mates (which exists, though not in print), it says "Chance of finding your soul mate within three lifetimes, .00000000000000000000000000000001%. Finding the person whom you think is your soul mate, but really isn't: 100%."

There are people who claim they've met their soul mates. I believe some, laugh at the rest. But I have met people with whom I clicked right away for some unknown reason. In high school, I became best friends with a girl in junior high who didn't even follow my philosophy on life. There was just something to her that made her a great friend.

Who knows? I'm looking for my soul mate. Why not? Keep looking for them, but be verrry careful, because apparently one woman's soul mate molested her eight-year-old child. Maybe soul mates can de-soul-mate-ify and become devil mates, or whatever the opposite of a soul mate is.

Irrelevant note: I have no idea how I found this site, but I am grateful that I did. Now I know I am not the only one who enjoys thinking about life on a regular basis, usually between 11:36 p.m. and 6:49 a.m.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 41yrs • F •
Decode Me is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I don't believe in soul mates but that's b/c I have found so many peole that I could have worked out with but at the end I married someone I wasn't so in love with, had achild and made it work. And somehow I fell in love with this man and I still don't think that we were destined for each other.

"Everything always comes full circle!"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Are u sure, Decodeme? I think the process of soul mate start at some point? Granted we may have the capacity to love anyone [at least to some extent?] One could lose their soul mate & still find a another love or find love without it being their soul mate?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I dun think ther'z something as a soulmate. Personelly, I think everyone can fall in love with everyone, as inside, every human being is essentially the same, character etc are only outer forms. Yes, perhaps U may have a soulmate(s), with which u have a lot in common and think on the same level, but it doesn't have to be some divinely guided mystery

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
if say you find a person one day in a seemingly completely random place, feel as if you have met them before, prior to exchanging a single word; speak to them and find them saying exactly what you are trying to say and possibly interrupting you at times in order to finish your own thoughts; end up having the longest and most in depth conversation with this person that you have ever had in your entire life; become almost obligated to keep in touch with them; learn their inner workings in no time flat because they are essentially your own; continue to finish eachothers thoughts and sentences on a daily basis over the course of many many years; learn of deep unexplainable connections that you both share, and simply gain more of them by being around them; feel totally willing to become hurt by them in the worst possible way, knowing that they will sincerely apologize and mean it with every fiber of their being; are comforted by the sound of their voice and even simple motions in their body language; feel empty inside when they stray from you and become overflowing when they are in your presence.

is this a soul mate? or somehow just very good timing in all aspects?

http://captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=34442-u-frmid=33#34442

this kind of hits on it. not sure if its what Decius was trying to explain though.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that [bastard_earth] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe there are many people out there that 'fit' eachother, and who could live happily together for the rest of their lives. I also believe that 'love' is a fasination for someone, and that fascination can work equally as well if based on physical attraction other than to their personalities. I know of this one girl that I could say im in love with, although I've never spoken to her once, infact up until about a month ago I didnt even know her name. But Ive seen her around Dublin...anyway this longing, this desire, the thoughts that extist within my mind relating to me and her assure me that this is something more than simply, hollow lust.

"Never love anything enough that you cannot bare to see it die"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
same here awakening, same here.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 72yrs • M •
I agree although not from personally experiencing it.

35yrs • M •
u c, the trouble is that it is very hard to distinguish between love(if there is such a thing) and infactuation. U just can't trust ur feelings.

35yrs • M •
Wyote, I myself have experianced what u have said. When I didn''t meet her for three days, I started crying from anguish, whenever I was not with her I wished with all my shattered heart that I was, and when I was with her I wished from the depths of my soul that it wud be like this forever. All day for some reason this uneaseness and insecuirity wud grip me, until I comforted myself by saying that me and her wud be togather for ever...
But now i don't give a shit nymore!... and am on the verge on experiancin git all over again with a new 'her'!

Basically I think that love needs to be worked upon. Most couples madly in love, when they move in or sumtin, often the feeling of 'not being able to live withought each other' etc dies down, and they thin the love has finished. Actually thats when actuall love starts. Right now u probably love ur parents more than nything else in the world(hopefully!). Well, do u constantly experiance emotions of 'I can't live withought u' etc? when these feelings of attraction die down, then the reall love starts.
this also reffers to what I said about us being able to fall in love with anybody(or most people, cuz there are some who u just can't get along with). Do u choose ur parents? no matter if ur father is a drunkard or a millionare, ur still love him very very much(again, hopefully!).

37yrs • M •
Ruinslock is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I do also believe in soulmates , i have seen mine but it wasn't my time to be with her yet : ( soon i hope . I have been to powerfull and really good psychics and they all can tell me is this girl i have seen,is the one i long for . waiting is the problem
they said 10 years , i have waited 7 now , and so many things they have said have come true so i remain confident that she is, an di will be with her someday soon.
I do believe there is one and only person out there for u. If u see this person u will know its them instantly. That is if ur open minded enough to see it . Yes soulmates do travel from lifetime to l;ifetime but doesn't mean there suppose to be together in everylife time. Things will happen the way u they are mean't to happen ,although the things u do ,may delay them , they will happen if they are suppose too .
Also every person has there own frequency , there own lvl of energy . If u have done a lot of what u have needed to do in life ur lvl may be very high , or u could have been beated and abused ,like so many have, unless u have learned the lessons life is trying to teach u , those things will keep happening, maybe the lesson could be standing up for ur self, anyways back to frequencys lol , since everyone has there own lvl . Instead of explaining i will get a example: Lets say u have met the one for u , U might be suppose to be together but unless ur energy is high enough , ur relationship might not work. Things happen in there own time,in there own way, being patient is the problem.
It can be hard being lonely sometimes,waiting for this one person , but never sit and wait around while waiting why, not learn some lesson so when u do meet him or her, u can treat him or her like they should be : )

72yrs • M •
quote:
Instead of explaining i will get a example: Lets say u have met the one for u , U might be suppose to be together but unless ur energy is high enough , ur relationship might not work. Things happen in there own time,in there own way, being patient is the problem.
Sounds like a good attitude to take in times of stress
[& a mouth to speak or call out].
Some say we have 5 'senses'; eyes to precieve light
[the vision of loving grace of texture & purpose],
ears to hear sound waves
[communicate as the sound of their voice or even their step],
nose to smell
[perfumes, pheromones mix as you embrace],
sense of touch (feelings) awareness of hot & cold
[the warm body next to you as well as their caresses].
Yes I would have to admit LOVE is a very unique experience that we can share; Magical Moments to fill our vain eistence.

35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that WanderingNobody is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't believe in soulmates or fate. I think the whole conception of everyone having a soulmate is just a way for people to be reassured that we all have someone in our lives so we don't die cold and alone in a carehome.
If your looking for a soulmate, just stop what your doing and rent some corny movies about finding true love cuz thats how far your going to get.

"Crap. I lost my watch, now I'm lost in time."
Soul Mates - Page 4
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy