Try define the word 'nomal'. Don't use the dictionary. I want to the REAL definition. What is it? - Personal
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Soul Mates - Page 2

User Thread
 52yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that I R Me is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I know that is why I am still with her! I love her Greatly!

If you could capture that feeling and bottle it that would be awesome- Endorphine overload.

"No one ever won a war by sitting in a ditch"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Kev - I know what you are feeling, I've been there, and everytime, I've gotten hurt. I thought I found true love but it turned into something else.

Ask yourself if you are having a good relationship with your mother and father, and ask yourself if she is having a good relationship with her mother and father. If you can answer yes to these two questions, you're probebly looking good, I wish you the best. If you can't, I'd be just a little bit cautious, meaning: enjoy your relationship with her but maintain your freedom, and because of your age, that might not be too difficult. Relationships are complicated, and that is why nobody is jumping for joy when you describe the love you have.

I'm on my second marriage and my wife is on her third. We get along very well. I think it is because we have learned a great deal. We wrote our own marriage vows. It is from experience that we had done this:

http://www.theinsideout.us/wedding.html

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
It is not only marrying the right partner,
it is being the right partner.

i think that sums it all up very nicely myself.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 43yrs • F •
mis_girl26 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Back in 2000, I had asked an online psychic if the guy I was with was the right one for me. The answer I got back was no that I would meet some more guys like him. I've had a total of five. That I would finally meet the man of my dreams. I would intuitively ask if I would meet him before the summer of 2005, and I actually met him March 1st 2004. We both can't believe how strong our love is. He's always intuitively known about us being serious, and he always had an eye on me. We met in school 10 years ago, it's been about 6 or 7 years of separation, but he knew where I'd be and that I was the one. Everyone can't possibly have a soulmate but you hear talk about people being married to their so-called soulmate. You know you've been hurt in a serious relationship, it wasn't the right one. so keep looking for your soulmate.

"ha!"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Soul Mate? Haven't experienced that one yet, but with others I have sought to form an meaningful relationship. One pitfall which we seem to make is perhaps looking to hard, wanting such a relationship tends to make more of these relationships than is really there.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Look, I just think that all this is stuipid, plain and simple. The thing is, that evry single human being can be your soul mate! I mean did you choose your parents? No matter what kind of people they are, you'll still love the more than anything in the world(except maybe chocolate icecream with cherries on top)

However, I do beleive that we have a perfect match( or matches), who's personality matches ours.
Even if sould mates do exist, it is a one in a million chance that we'll find them. Regarding that 'feeling' when ur with that specail someone, put a lid on it. I've known people who've had that feeling 5 or 6 times!

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 72yrs • M •
Angel, I don't think that is the point of finding someone to love, but rather the existence of a relational compatablilty that extends beyond being 'the right person' and chance.
These people seem to feel attracted into situations which produces their coming together.

68yrs • F •
peachesj is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
[i]I too believe in soulmates,I pray I have found mine.i lost my spouse a year ago.I have always know this man,for the last 10 years.But it was always hi and bye.But I was always happy to see him,and he was too.Well lately we run into each all the time.Seems like everytime I wish I could see him there he is.We casually discussed this and laughed it off.But I feel so strong about him.But he has been married for 28 years,He has always been a perfect gentlmen.Yes ,I wish he was mine.But unfortunently he belongs to a very nice woman who loves him so much.In my heart I know I must love him from a distant.If this is what it feels like to love again,I am ready for my soul mate to appear.In the mean time pray for me.Thanks.

"Love someone and allow someone to love you"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
That's heart-rending peaches, I do wish you the very best in finding him.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 42yrs • F •
I believe in the 'soul' and reincarnation, and therefore I think the possibility of two 'souls' meeting one another again in another life is totally feasible.

Do I believe in 'soul mates' – no. To hope for and to find a soul mate is just asking for and believing in too big a coincidence to occur. Those of you who believe in soul mates, think about this, the moment you leave your home, how many strangers do you pass? Any one of them could be your 'soul mate'. I think it's a nice, romantic notion, but that's all it is, an idea, people make it as real as they want it to be.

I have been in love, and I know and have experienced the feelings, and state of mind, described by kevos, but I don't think those feelings, even when reciprocated, prove that there are such things as soul mates. I agree with IRMe, that there can be many matches for individuals. I think when two people form a relationship where their personalities/attraction towards each other match each other like yin and yang, because they are unable to identify the reasons as to why they feel so 'connected', they resort to saying, yep, I think I've found my soul mate.

We enter this earth alone, and when it comes time to leave this lifetime, it will also be alone. The space in-between is the time we have to fill it with love. To find someone who you truly love and where they love you back, is a special experience, and if you are fortunate enough to spend an entire lifetime living and loving with that person, it no doubt, would add another dimension of meaning to your life. Then, when you leave, I guess you can be content knowing that you spent your life doing what you were meant to do ~ loving that person.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
 50yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that thoughtmanifest is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe in soul mates and that souls can re-connect in various lives. I think that soul mates can be in many forms, friends, family, lover, life partner. One of my best friends is someone I have been around a few times with. We have been husband and wife, as well as siblings. If the people you acquaint yourself with regularly, your 'circle of friends' seems like a very familiar one, it's probably because you have been through many 'go-rounds' with these people before in many different forms. Sometimes however we choose to live a life with mostly (if not all) 'new' people... these are lonely feeling lives but we open can ourselves up to more unfamliar territory and start ourselves in a new direction. The possibilities are infinite really.

"Love everyone, question everything and look up!"
 64yrs • M •
Friedrich is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I do believe that every person has a soulmate. I know my soulmate's name, but not her address. I am forlorn, besotted, aroused at the mere thought of her.

""IThe symbol gives rise to thought.""
 56yrs • M •
NJH is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I believe there are several people out there you may meet in life that you love very much. I also believe there is that one person though, that is a different kind of love, one that rocks you to the core. (I'm still looking for her!) That is the one who, after 20 years of marriage, still makes your heart skip a beat when you see them. I believe in reincarnation, and I believe we move in different circles, but from time to time we run across people from the past, that would explain how sometimes you do or do not like someone on sight. I believe your soul recognizes them.

"no matter where you go...there you are."
 72yrs • M •
May be a little off thread but few are those whom I inherently dislike.
One whom I felt the strongest negativeness toward, I came to know & accept as a friend although never a good freind.
I wonder if an opposite to a soulmate exist as well?

[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 57yrs • F •
ddaniel1 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I felt at one time that I had met and married my soul mate.
Then he molested my daughter. Now I sit after 8 long years and wonder how could I have been so wrong. So I hope and pray that you can find true love in more than one person. I long for that type of love. But havent even came close to knowing it again. Then I hate myself for ever loving such a pervert. Is this life's little joke ...... or what.

"tomorrow is another day"
Soul Mates - Page 2
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy