Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Cloning - Page 2

User Thread
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
These evil kids that take over this town, they all have white hair and blue eyes...very curious, lol.

I will try and find the link to more info.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
holy crap, im watching The Simpsons and they are doing a parody of that very movie! blue glowing eyes... scary!

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that oatmaster is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I reckon that if a technique doesn't provide a benefit over what we already do it shouldn't be done. Whole body cloning has no advantages over having children normally so shouldn't be bothered with.

Cloning organs from stem cells, on the other hand, is good.

Although stem cell research doesn't necessarily involve cloning. As embryonic stem cell stuff is very much frowned upon current research is moving towards locating stem cells in the body and treating them to grow into what we want.

One company has just published research done on mice where they've treated the mouse's white blood cells to make them revert to stem, reinjected and found that they move to the bone marrow and make them a new immune system.

This uses the creature's own tissue so is different to cloning.

"happy to be corrected"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Sounds cool oatmaster. Hopefully they'll be able to apply this technique to humans as it doesn't have the supposed "morality problems" that cloning-stem-cell research has.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 41yrs • M •
zerokool is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I believe cloning is in the general interest of humans even no most don't admit it. I think it is going to be an extremely valuable resource in the future for the medical industry.

36yrs • M •
RellyRell is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
no whole cloning should happen. The worlds already overpopulated. People fuck enough now as it is. And then think about the people who are clones. They'd feel like shit since they're fake and cause all kinds of drama. Just cloning organs would be fine though. But then somebody always wants to take something to the next level.

37yrs • M •
The only problem with cloning whole humans are the people who claim it is a problem.
Cloning does not create any problem which normal child bearing doesn't have.

40yrs • M •
Alimasm is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The problem with most people's idea of cloning people as I see it is too many movies of cloned evil doers conquering the world. People have genetic given personality tendencies but a lot of people's perceptions of themselves and the world is learned. You can't just go and clone yourself. You'd have two different people who look the same. Even identical twins have personality differences.
However, I think cloning people would be unproductive, but allowing stem cell research is a very good idea for reasons mentioned above on mental diseases and such.
I'm for it.

"Be ready to fail, but expect to win"
 33yrs • F •
AmsMilkShake888 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
What could be another bad thing about cloning??

i don't think that cloning people will be like the movies but i am against cloning because ur clone will have the same DNA as u

y r u all for clonig

[  Edited by Restless Mind at   ]
 33yrs • F •
brokenmirror is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Would cloning an entire person pose problems for crime and such? If two people have the same DNA and fingerprints, would it not be harder to prove which person, the natural human or the clone, committed the crime?

I agree that full cloning wouldn't help anything.

"...when we awake, what will remain?"
 37yrs • M •
"i don't think that cloning people will be like the movies but i am against cloning because ur clone will have the same DNA as u "
What about identical twins? Should we kill one because has the same DNA?

"y r u all for clonig"
Because there are huge potential medical advantages. We could regrow a new heart, replace dead brain cells and cure alzheimer's (sp?) or nerve tissue for arms/eyes etc.

With cloning begins a new age of humans, once we were limited by the functioning of our bodies, when they break down, we die.
We can 'fix' our bodies before they die and allow the elderly to live decent, dignified lives.

Cloning can make our life before our brain inevitably succumbs much more dignified and healthy.

56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Didn't anyone read where Dolly had to be destroyed like on Valentines 2002, because she was aging rapidly, and had all sorts of deformities,and diseases were attacking her body and the awful arthritis.

They have stiffled the cloning process.

Actually cloning just organs would give the same results...aged organs with more if not the same resulted problems.

It would be awesome to be able to clone a specific organ alone for transplanting, but it is highly unlikely it can happen
without the problems, and it may not ever happen, because man would become self proclaimed and use this for making other ppl, and as long as we are impure with the technology, IT JUST CANNOT HAPPEN.

BUT Imagine the limbless folks and ill who would have hands and legs, new livers, hearts, etc...

However, the fact remains, it is impossible to overcome the problems...at this time. And the arthritis is pretty bad too.

They need to learn to isolate the cloned organ, vs cloning an entire being, only to kill them.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 37yrs • M •
"Didn't anyone read where Dolly had to be destroyed like on Valentines 2002, because she was aging rapidly, and had all sorts of deformities,and diseases were attacking her body and the awful arthritis."
That's right, technology doesn't come perfect. It takes money and patience for the stuff to become viable. These sort of problems are expected with new and imperfect technology. I'm sure you can interpret them in somesort of 'proof' of our evil tinkering if you want to.

"Actually cloning just organs would give the same results...aged organs with more if not the same resulted problems. "
You don't know that. With more research, they can find out what causes these problems and work to fix them. Technology never works instantaneously.

"because man would become self proclaimed and use this for making other ppl"
Maybe, there wouldn't be much point to doing this though,

" and as long as we are impure with the technology, IT JUST CANNOT HAPPEN. "
'Purity'. This is the language of people who like to oversimplify. Islamic zealots speak of purity, as do nazi biologists.

"They need to learn to isolate the cloned organ, vs cloning an entire being, only to kill them."
That's what stem cell research is all about. A lot of progress would have been made if people stopped sacrificing the ill for the sake of little balls of cells.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that l2 () l3 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Has anyone read The House of the Scorpian? This book should be like the bible of stem cell what-if. It describes the life of a clone whos purspose is to give his healthy organs to the person who cloned him. It's a great book.

While i think stem-cell research is a just cause when it comes to curing spinal and brain injuries. But if people get carried away and start cloning themselves, and taking the organs from they're clones to help themselves; as it happened in the book, then there will be serious moral implications for the human race to deal with.

This whole subject of taking organs the way the book describes may seem a far way off. Just as Hitler slaughtered thousands of "imperfect" humans, one perverse human could make a clone halocaust.

"Life is just one damned thing after another."
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vortex271 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Cloning has many benefits, such as the regrowing of organs (Not humans) that the body cannot reject, stem cell reserch (Politiics, three million to pay the scientists to study it and twelve million to pay the senators to decide whether or not it's worth it) and the possibility of curing multitudes of ailments such as cancer and AIDS, HIV and all that stuff. The morals of the human race is our greatest anchor dragging us from progress, but it is nonetheless one we must deal with. Ignoring our sense of life and the possibility of 'playing god' is a mistake we cannot afford to make.

I, personally, am all for stem cell research. If it'll save thousands, the need of the many outweighs the cripes of the few. (I have no doubt that last coment will ahve me dealing with hate mail for a month or two.)

Although, cloning a human being, one that lives like you and with you makes for an interesting deal in the social ladder. Would the 'parent,' or DNA contributor have social superiority to the clone, like a father is to a son? We can only speculate.........

""As I sit before the fire, I wonder how many before myself have been burned.'"
Cloning - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy