Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Cloning - Page 7

User Thread
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
'...say that cloned part won't also develope cancer being as the part its cloned from did...'

Whoa girl, take a breath!

You did bring up a valid point though. If the part being replaced exhibited a tendency to be susceptible to disease and cancers, would that also not that susceptibility be transferred? That would depend on if the original disease was internally or externally caused I would imagine. But then again, one would have an unlimited supply of replacement parts, guaranteed not to cause adverse reactions.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that White_Bishop is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think that the risk of that is too small to not develop cloning further. There is much more good that can come from cloning then the bad exhibited in the argument of diseased organs. And as has been said there will be a large pool of organs to choose from, I doubt that they would stick you with a diseased one.

"Words are but the pathways for thought to travel from mind to mind"
 80yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that squatteam is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I seem to remember a few years back when some scientists were working with fertile chicken's eggs. They were able to pierce the shell and take some cells from the developing embryo at the point where the thigh/legs were developing and to attach those cells along the back of the embryo to develop 6-legged chickens. Their thought was that each chicken would then produce more meat (just think of all those 'hind quarters' that are on sale for 49 cents a pound and where they come from). Chickens that are slaughtered at 8 weeks as fryers wouldn't have time to develop arthritis or anything else. The public wouldn't have it. Meddling with nature. The meat would be unclean, unnatural, unhealthy. Do you think that technology just got discarded? They also found that they could do the same with wings, but who wanted a chicken with 6 legs and 6 wings? Except maybe in Buffalo. The point of all this is that we may not need to clone whole humans to get the part we want. Maybe we can clone for parts and harvest what we need. Regarding cloning exact copies, unlike movies where clones spring forth as adults, real clones (like Dolly) arrive as babies and have to grow to maturity. So the DNA question might be moot, or at least muted by other mitigating evidence...like was the killer a 20 yr old dude or an 80 year old dud.oz

"Popular dissidents are merely pacifiers given to us by the Government to keep us in line and thinking someone is making a ruckuss."
Cloning - Page 7
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy