Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Cloning - Page 5

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
OK, fine, in that case, people with blue eyes aren't the same as people with brown eyes.

Therefore, people with blue eyes should be banned.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that ekimup is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
why do you say that?

..these people are both concieved the same way.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 36yrs • M •
anyway, this is getting tiring. I see your point, and you see mine. There is no proof that can sustain that cloning is immoral. We agree that religion is a threat to cloning

"I" believe its immoral. But that doesnt mean it is. Your only willing to side with it, if its socially beneficial. Your only against it, if it isnt beneficial... which makes perfect sense.

Thank you for not stating an opinion.

"In this world, we are never lacking. Only losing what we have in hope of gaining what we dont."
 37yrs • M •
WHO CARES?

You don't get it do you? You have given NO REASON why a different conception means they should be banned.

Well there, I give no reason why people with different eyes should be banned. But they should be. My religion's God said blue eyed people are evil and should be banned.

36yrs • M •
No angel..you dont get it.

Since there is an obvious difference in the conception of clones and regular human beings, who's to say something isnt lost in the different forms of conception? Physically nothing appears wrong. Although we cant prove something is wrong, we cant prove nothing is wrong.

This is why i posed the question, are we willing to risk losing something that many strongly believe may be there? I cant explain this to you, because you know nothing but what you can hold in your hands and see with the white nuts in your skull.

Your religion is stupidity...and lacks a moral code. Religion bans nothing. Religion doesnt say "dont make clones". Its just a common faith most have, that there is something greater than flesh and bone that make up the human person. Let me break this down..so you can understand. This time, read openly.

Reason: Religion may be a crutch. Regardless, many do follow religion, no matter how stupid it may seem. Many, including some scientists, and even our president. This is a reason as to why..cloning could be, and possibly will be banned. If we ever gain the knowledge and tools to do so sucessfully.Now, do you understand why this "seperate conception" could be the root result of the ban of cloning?

Although you dont believe in god, religion effects you. ( if you choose to go against it.) maybe you should rise up, burn this mother down. but until then, religion...seperate forms of conception, and the uncertainty of something being lost in the cloning process, are valid "reasons" as to why cloning can..blah blah, and may be banned. if ever...ya.

So dont hide behind your reason and physicality. The truth is, religion contributes. Regardless what you believe in.

40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the way a person is concieved seems even more arbitrary to me than the color of their eyes or skin. a person is a person, is a person. all persons have souls... if not, religion is bullshit.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 37yrs • M •
"Since there is an obvious difference in the conception of clones and regular human beings, who's to say something isnt lost in the different forms of conception? Physically nothing appears wrong. Although we cant prove something is wrong, we cant prove nothing is wrong."
Since there is an obvious difference in eye colour of blue eyed people and regular humans beings, who's to say that something isn't lost in the difference pigmentation? Physically nothing appears wrong. Although we can't prove something is wrong, we can't prove nothing is wrong.

Therefore, all blue eyed people should be castrated.

"I cant explain this to you, because you know nothing but what you can hold in your hands and see with the white nuts in your skull."
You CANNOT FORCE YOUR RELIGION ON ME. If you try to, I will rebel either leave your barbaric country or I will fight to topple this unjust theocracy.

Suppose I am a muslim fundamentalist, should I be allowed to force my religion on you?

Since there is an obvious difference in the conception of clones and regular human beings, who's to say something isnt lost in the different forms of conception? Physically nothing appears wrong. Although we cant prove something is wrong, we cant prove nothing is wrong.

This is why i posed the question, are we willing to risk losing something that many strongly believe may be there? I cant explain this to you, because you know nothing but what you can hold in your hands and see with the white nuts in your skull.

Your religion is stupidity...and lacks a moral code. Religion bans nothing. Religion doesnt say "dont make clones". Its just a common faith most have, that there is something greater than flesh and bone that make up the human person. Let me break this down..so you can understand. This time, read openly.

Reason: Religion may be a crutch. Regardless, many do follow religion, no matter how stupid it may seem. Many, including some scientists, and even our president. This is a reason as to why..cloning could be, and possibly will be banned. If we ever gain the knowledge and tools to do so sucessfully.Now, do you understand why this "seperate conception" could be the root result of the ban of cloning?

Although you dont believe in god, religion effects you. ( if you choose to go against it.) maybe you should rise up, burn this mother down. but until then, religion...seperate forms of conception, and the uncertainty of something being lost in the cloning process, are valid "reasons" as to why cloning can..blah blah, and may be banned. if ever...ya.

So dont hide behind your reason and physicality. The truth is, religion contributes. Regardless what you believe in.

"Now, do you understand why this "seperate conception" could be the root result of the ban of cloning?"
All you have said, is, lots of people for religious reasons think cloning is bad. Guess what? If 10,000 people commit suicide for religious reasons I'm still not going to do it.

"Although you dont believe in god, religion effects you. ( if you choose to go against it.)"
Yes religion affects me. That's evil though, no one's religion should be forced on anyone else.

"So dont hide behind your reason and physicality. The truth is, religion contributes. Regardless what you believe in."
Contributes? Um. Maybe in keeping the peasants quiet and dull-witted.

Don't force your religion on me, or I will force my religion on you.

36yrs • M •
When i say something, im refering to a greater good. Since spirit is not given or created by physical differences, we cant castrate all blue eyed people.

religion has already been imposed...fight it all you want. its already being "forced"

suicide is a personal choice. Cloning effects everyone. By cloning, you attempt to create another life (experimentally) to be brought into this world. With suicide, you end yours, leaving this world. Your not presenting a possible threat to anyone of which you have no relation.

..that was just a bad example you chose to use.

"I'm" not forcing anything on you. I dont see why your so offended. I stand correct, that although religion seems to be forced upon you, it's still a problem for future cloning.

It "does not matter" if you like or dont like. Just as it doesnt matter that i think cloning is wrong. Go ahead and get mad, leave the country. But you wont get your clone if you do.

i have no clue why you pasted my "entire" post in yours...but you just wasted a lot of space.

36yrs • M •
if forcing religion is preventing your desire to clone, then your desire to clone imposes on my religion.

..boo hoo.

37yrs • M •
No it doesn't! I'm not forcing you to do anything! You don't have to clone if you don't want.

36yrs • M •
Well, as i said earlier. If the case was, you forcing something on me, then your going against what i believe in. I can see we both dont agree on forcing anything. So if you cloned, and we didnt have segregation laws, i would be forced to interact with clones. Regardless of whether or not i can tell a difference, im still being forced against my will to live in a world where clones are present in everyday life. Thats against my beliefs... "You CANNOT FORCE YOUR RELIGION ON ME. If you try to, I will rebel either leave your barbaric country or I will fight to topple this unjust theocracy". (assuming thats what the country is.)

So, not "EVERYONE"..is as open as you are. Not everyone believes in, or wants a clone.

Back to my previous post(s)
Laws, if cloning was premitted, would have to be set in order to keep clones away from those who dont want to be in their presents. Since there is a large number of citizens in this country who believe in God, and other greater powers. People who see cloning as a threat or just simply immoral, would out number the first sucessful clones. Thus, a law would be passed to contain these clones..probably on a reservation of some sort. These clones would not be treated equally, simply because some people dont see them as equals. However unfortunate..or fortunate this is, is opens up a world of problems. Religion isnt going anywhere. So the problems that occur will be a result of this conflict. Cloning or no Cloning.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Conway is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Here we are talking of cloneing. We can attempt all day to discover if it is wrong or right. Stem Cell (as far as I know) is for the betterment of indviduals. Obviosly that's not wrong. Or is it. No one wants to die, and the world is full of old people who won't. Not wanting to die is wrong. Everyone must. It is apart of life. Now as to cloneing, creating another human body isn't wrong, but creating another human soul is? No, I don't bleive this either. The end result in any type of conception is a human soul, right. So then why does it matter how it is done, it no one is hurt in the process. Now should we clone people. No , I don't think we should. I do not think we are anywhere near ready for that type of responsability.

""So this is where im supposed to wright something snazy and truthfull?"-impossible."
 36yrs • M •
...exactly.

37yrs • M •
ekimup - Your interpretation of 'force' is ridiculous.

36yrs • M •
..but it is true.

Cloning - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy