There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots. - 68 firebird
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I just can't tolerate STUPID people! - Page 2

User Thread
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
YAAAAAAAAAAAAY !!!!!!
lol
thanx

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that §hÄDÉ is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Stupid people.. hahaha

"I'm afraid of the dark,and suspicious of the light"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
We all have our stupid moments however, and if any of you deny this... well this makes you even more stupid in my eyes! as long as we try to better ourselves each day we will remain at least a little less stupid than the rest of the population... i probably hate stupid people more than most of the world but ironically im not a member of MENSA... and probably never will be oh... and as far as the 85% goes... i think you are all being far too kind try high ninties!

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
To answer a stupid question?. I'ave often heard the only stupid question is the un-asked ones.
an intelligent question posed by the little soccer-prick sitting behind me in class:"did the ancient romans already have x-mas trees?" comment... The x-mas comes from Celtic Traditions, so as the celts were driven out by the Roman Empire. The answer: yes some trees were there long before the celts or the romans.

"although im not a botanist i do think that tigers and wolves are about the same sort of animals." Yes they are both carnivours

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Of course everyone has their "not too bright" moments, I fell asleep the other day with a glass of milk in my hand and when I woke up I had thrown it in my own face!

Although these things happen to stupid people more often then not, they are not exactly what I would call a stupid person. I am speaking in the more common sense way, like for example the teacher should have known that Botany is the study of plants, not animals. People that leave guns on their nightstands and wonder why their kid shoots himself; people that leave their RV on cruise control while they go back and make a sandwich, etc, etc.

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 40yrs • M •
people that leave guns on nightstands... that comment reminded me of the Darwin Awards, one in particular where a man left his gun on his nightstand... next to his telephone... the phone rang the next morning waking up the man, he then proceeded to "answer" his gun... the truly stupid people end up with Darwin Awards and i think we all have little to worry about them passing on their genes...

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
*edited by firebird
Please stay on topic cturtle.
Sorry but in a way I felt it was pertinent to the topic. For being ignorant I can accept as I am ignorant about many things but deception I am not so quick to accept. So I then take the opposite point in some respect to the topic having made some bone head moves in my time.
I apologize for the intrusion

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 44yrs • M •
(Cturtle, I think you might have posted in the wrong thread?!)

Where did you hear about "Darwin Awards" Wyote?

[  Edited by wesdawgy at   ]
 37yrs • F •
was it about religion again ?

40yrs • M •
my chemistry teacher first introduced me to them. there are several books out which document people killing themselves in various ways (due to their own stupidity). there is also a website... *looks for it* ... lmao maybe i deserve one? http://darwinawards.com/ how obvious was that??? well, at least i found it quickly

37yrs • F •
i've always liked science teachers

44yrs • M •
MILE-HIGH CLUB FAILURE
(23 December 1991, Florida) This account of an aircraft accident is quoted directly from the National Transportation Safety Board report, with comments added in parentheses for clarity.
Aircraft: PIPER PA-34-200T, Registration: N47506
Injuries: 2 Fatal.
The private pilot and a pilot rated passenger [two pilots] were going to practice simulated instrument flight. Witnesses observed the airplane's right wing fail in a dive and crash. Examination of the wreckage and bodies revealed that both occupants were partially clothed and the front right seat was in the full aft reclining position. [The pilots had converted the co-pilot seat to a bed.] Neither body showed evidence of seatbelts or shoulder harnesses being worn. [They were lying on the bed.] Examination of the individuals' clothing revealed no evidence of ripping or distress to the zippers and belts. [Their lack of clothing seemed to be voluntary.]
The National Transportation Safety Board determines the probable cause(s) of this accident as follows:
The pilot in command's improper in-flight decision to divert her attention to other activities not related to the conduct of the flight. [The pilot and co-pilot were having sex, and nobody was flying the plane.] Contributing to the accident was the exceeding of the design limits of the airplane leading to a wing failure. [The lack of a pilot caused the plane to fly erratically, over-stressing the wing and leading to a crash.]

Responses:
Get an autopilot! (Has more of a ring to it than, "Get a room!"

LOL! That is one funny thing. I understand passengers, but the pilot... I like the euphemisims in the original and prefer the story without the square brackets). Still waiting for members of the light year-high club to appear on this website, though!

Climb higher to climb higher, no?

Guess they didn't bring their seat and tray table to a full and upright position.

Let's apply some critical thought, here. How do we know that the two pilots were not searching each other for material with which to quickly fabricate a silk parachute when they discovered the inevitability of their rapid descent? Well, it could happen...

Nice, to come and go at the same time.

Well, obviously they were erotic, oh oops I mean eratic, pilots.

I guess they did give a flying fuck.

Why does "flying united" and "the friendly skys" come to mind?

These are damn good, thanks Wyote

40yrs • M •
lmao! no prob. great stuff

37yrs • F •
lmao
that's so awesome
that'd be a cool way to die
i think this one should go to the other thread though - with the most exotic places to have sex haha

44yrs • M •
Another great example of the extreme stupidity of some people:

(September 2002, Germany) Three doctors from a Munich clinic published the following account in a highly respected medical journal. The man in question disqualified himself from a true Darwin Award by being smart enough to go to a hospital and admit what he'd done. The report is quoted directly from the journal, with the addition of bracketed "translations" that clarify the medical jargon.
"A 31-year-old man was admitted to the emergency unit with severe abdominal pain and vomiting for two hours. [He'd been sober enough to notice a problem for the last two hours.] An abdominal radiograph disclosed intestinal obstruction, and a small bowel follow-through study revealed a filling defect in the right-side jejunum. [His gut was backed-up because something was stuck in it]. Persistent exploration of the patient's history [he *really* didn't want to talk about it] disclosed a visit to the Munich Octoberfest the night before, during which the patient had ingested a condom filled with beer. [No, we don't know why, either].

"Upper endoscopy was unsuccessful in removing the condom. [We couldn't budge it.] Because the condom was localized close to the abdominal wall, it was finally punctated with a long needle under CT control. [We stuck a really big needle in it, and it burst.] Forty milliliters of a yellow clear liquid [we can't say in print that it was beer, because we were laughing so hard we didn't think to send it to the lab] were drawn off when the condom slid forward spontaneously. The next morning, the condom was identified in the patient's stool [a high-quality, leakage-resistant condom, showing that the man was at least attempting to nullify his influence on the gene pool,] and the patient was discharged in good condition."

The authors note, "To the best of our knowledge, this is the first report on intestinal obstruction caused by ingestion of a condom filled with an alcoholic beverage, and its successful transcutaneous treatment. [Hey, we always wanted to be the first doctors to do *something*!]"

I just can't tolerate STUPID people! - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy