Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Your dream girl (or guy) - Page 4

User Thread
 37yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that [MiA] is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hey ! maybe i'd share that one with you if i was a dyke
but i ain't
so
no comment

"The more you suffer, the more it shows you really care .... right ?"
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Danny123 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
When I get to know a girl and like her, that's when the attraction starts. So once I get to like her she actually looks different and even those things which I though were imperfections become attractive.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that wesdawgy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thats a good point Danny...works the oposite way when you are "done" with someone and you look back and say 'what the hell was I thinking?'

"I'd like to say something profound....."SOMETHING PROFOUND""
 34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Ana Rpo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How come we can't put pictures?

"In the sea of ilutions and frustations that life is, some swim and some drown"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chrissie2006 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In my expirience, I find my self most attracted to guys that Im tight with. My dream guy can be butt ugly for all I care as long as he cares about me and is a good guy... HOWEVER!!!!

Looks don't hurt, and it is deffinatly easier to be attrcted if they look good... With that said...

The ul;tamate good lookin' guy should be tall.... ( Im extremly short and I always thought a short girl looks really cute on the arm of a tall guy. He has to be dark9 as in well tanned). Dont really care bou hair color,dark or light, and same for eyes. Nice complextiuon, defined cheek bones and dimples. I like guys with lop sided type smiles. Nice abs and legs...

But of cource I ...er... dont care right???

"Dont complain that roses have thorns. Instead, be thankful that thorns have roses."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that weltanschauung is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The most attractive guys, are guys with absolutely no style. I mean like a normal everyday hair cut, (dark features, brown hair brown eyes, i hate blondes) Someone who wore blue jeans and just t-shirts, preferably plain t-shirts everyday, but really good hygeine, and cool shoes,the shoes can be stylish, but if i get the hint that someone is at all trying to present theirselves as anything, its a major turnoff.

""That all knowledge begins with experience, there can be no doubt...""
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Vegeto is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A girl who can metemorphisize her body and mind according to what I want at the time. I am just kidding, feel free to show

In general, short, semi athletic and athletic looking, without being too ripped and muscle... Plain style, jeans and ponytail, nice skin and generally hot--->for me espesially. Takes care of body, not just the looks of the body... and I will know. Martial arts interest is a plus but not neccisary, I hope you can't kick my butt though.... And if you are some what crazy, at least be able to admit it. No games either, this is life, and I would rather have a girlfriend than a girl enemy.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Weltanschau, where were the girls like you when I was in high school?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Don't know about all of you, but I'm sickened by this. Too many women kill themselves to get the looks you guys want. They lose self-confidence and pursue the perfect look for the rest of their life. And then you guys wonder why women get so fussy over their looks or little details of the house.

Yes, I am a feminist and pretty assertive when I want to be. I was raised watcihng Disney movies and dieting ads. I had to struggle so hard, mentally and emotionally, to overcome this mentality of caring about my looks. And I'm not completely over it yet either. I'm working to beccome everything society doesn't encourage me to be- little to no care for looks, black belt butt-kicking, intelligent,confident, not too sensitive, no gossiping, NO DIETING, no whining, no waiting or scouting for the dream guy, no gawking at the cute guys, athletic....I could go on.

The best part of all this is, I intimidate men. God! The satisfaction I get from that. And I won't change myself in anyway.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 46yrs • M
"Don't know about all of you, but I'm sickened by this. Too many women kill themselves to get the looks you guys want. They lose self-confidence and pursue the perfect look for the rest of their life. And then you guys wonder why women get so fussy over their looks or little details of the house."

In all your lack or comformity, you conform just perfectly. You still refer to yourself in respect to an image and not as yourself.

Some like myself were referring to what comes to mind as known desire, and called it beautiful.

No coke ads or disney movies were needed to enforce a social standard, those were long ago set into place, long before coke ads and disney existed. Before they had disney etc. to remind you then it was your parents and family (as I'm sure is still the case for many) to tell you how to dress and be.

And don't underestimate popular opinion either, though it can happen, things aren't usually stereotypically popular for varying tastes without a good reason.

This is about what is beautiful to you, not what social "norms" people do or don't promote, unless otherwise indicated.

And everything you've ever learned that has come together to show you that path of the feminist, if you have a truly open mind, you will see that there is a flip side, a standard for men as well, one that causes great stress, confusion, and self loathing as those imposed on women.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that secret07 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't think that a girl needs to change herself, except perhaps to at least be healthy, to get the attention of a guy. Guys, like girls, have such varying likes and dislikes when it comes to what attracts them, that most any girl will fit someone somewhere. Yeah, we need to try to look good, but only according to what we like, which most girls would do anyways even if there wasn't the remotest chance of ever seeing a guy, because, let's face it, girls get a kick out of making themselves beautiful.

And, to be completely honest with you Attolia, I have found that I get more pressure from other girls to look a certain way then I get from guys.

I agree with leftwood, I know guys who work far harder then me to look good. Why do you think that some guys spend so many hours at the gym, trying to get that perfect body? Guys are just as uncertain to take off their shirt at the beach, if they are unsure of what people will think of them, as girl's are to wear a bathing suit. It works both ways.

"life sucks but its better than the alternative"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah, I know about the double standards. It's just darn annoying. But "this is life," (which is the quote I hate so much, I want to smack myself for saying it.)
quote:
This is about what is beautiful to you, not what social "norms" people do or don't promote, unless otherwise indicated.
I wish I knew what was beautiful to me. At times, I'm not sure whether I'm a feminist just to be a rebel or to stand up for what I belive to be right.

Reality seems more blurred than ever after I learned that people aren't in complete control of their actions (that we're heavily influenced by what's around us.) So what's beautiful? Soceity's perception of beauty changes over time and place. Being black wasn't thought of as beautiful in the U.S a century ago. Long necks are beautiful for women in some country, which I can't remember the name of.

quote:
In all your lack or comformity, you conform just perfectly. You still refer to yourself in respect to an image and not as yourself.
Wow, Leftwood, I never actually thought of it in that way before. I thought I was being such a great non-conformist. In my struggle to fight the expectations of society, I forgot what I really wanted and became something just for the sake of rebelling against ideals I saw as pathetic.

Now that's something that's going to make me lose sleep over.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 35yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Chrissie2006 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah. I agree a lot with Leftwood's statement. Well put.

"Dont complain that roses have thorns. Instead, be thankful that thorns have roses."
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
leftwood is a smart fellow indeed.

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 46yrs • M
"I wish I knew what was beautiful to me."

To this I say trust your instincts, physical beauty is the easiest to determine, so try not to complicate it.

Besides, since personality affects people's appearance (physical: through gestures, mannerisms, ticks/quirks. psychological: attitude, pleasantness and threat levels.) Time is often needed for an accurate assesment.

Hell, even who a person is standing next to can change how good they look.

I think you'll come to find that beauty truly is in all things, just as that which is considered ugly, for balance perhaps.

"I'm not sure whether I'm a feminist just to be a rebel or to stand up for what I belive to be right. "

Don't worry about it, there are plenty of "good fights" to be fought, and you fight them best when you use your natural gifts and talents, because that is what you can most efficiently, and often most pleasantly, enhance and contribute.

In fact, if you want a suggestion of a good fight or cause, there has been a ever raging war against humanity, and that's what all these other groups come down to, equality and humanity, freedom.

Well, as long as we kill to accomplish the establishing of peaceful humanitarian world, we are going to have a problem.

And as long as we allow people in power the ability to operate in secret over public affairs, we are going to have a problem.

And when someone says its alright for them to spy on you and jail you, and if you spy on them they'll jail you too, you've gone from problem to time to wake up.

And for the kind words "leftwood is a smart fellow" and such I'll refer you all to the genius of the juvenile with the phrase

"It takes one to know one "

Your dream girl (or guy) - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy