It's better to be one rose in a bed of roses than, like, one rose in a bed of weeds - Parisite Hilton
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Chicks and Fake Phone numbers

User Thread
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that dingleberry6 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Why do you give us fake phone numbers? Just tell us you don't like us!! Cruel women!

"Avoid the mantlepiece when you're poking the fire"
 51yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that lynniepoohs is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Okay dingle, Cruel Women? Can't men figure out if a girl is interested in them or not. Seems as though it might be obvious in some ways. On the other hand, what about men that promise to be true to you? What does that make them?

Had to put a twist on this, I know you are up for the challenge.

"Enjoy your family as they are our lives."
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that think4yourself is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There are cruel people on both sides of the fence, but I do feel that guys already have a bad reputation for it, whereas girls don't.

Can't men figure out if a girl is interested in them or not. Seems as though it might be obvious in some ways

This is true some of the time, but not always. In the extreme case, girls take perverse pleasure in slamming the guy in a variety of creative ways. Leading the guy on can be an important part of the torture. This is an extreme case mind you.

In a related issue, most of the guys I know went through some sort of hassle to overcome shyness, or nervousness in approaching women. Even if they seem outgoing to others, they're not completely careless in the way they approach women because they're aware that they may be rejected or humiliated in some way. They know they're putting themselves on the line. It seems most women never have to go through this hassle, which is fine, although one of the reasons women are indirect in their rejections is so they don't have to deal with the guy face to face. This is a similar "lack of balls" as a guy's inability to approach a woman, and it's kinda annoying that the guy has to do ALL the work in approaching the girl AND in suffering the consequences of her inability to properly reject him. But what really pisses me off is when girls abuse guys out of boredom, because they know it'll never happen to them. Not to be one sided in this -- women are not the only ones who do this. A heartthrob acquaintance of mine was once approached by a girl who told him he's good looking. He responded by saying "you're not", and walking away.

On the other hand, what about men that promise to be true to you? What does that make them?

It makes them assholes. However, there's an underlying irony here. After whining in the previous paragraph about how some women mistreat men, I should say I believe you need to learn to adapt to the world, rather than complain about it or change it (most of the time it's impossible to change things). What is interesting about this is the easiest way to adapt to cruelty is to become a selfish bastard. Then women will be the ones suffering, and you'll never have to give a damn. Not that I'm in favor of becoming selfish or anything.

[  Edited by think4yourself at   ]
 46yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rollergirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i've given a fake phone number when i really didn't have the heart to tell a guy to his face that i'm not interested.

it's an easy way out, but i like to think it helps the guy "save face" instead of feeling pissed or embarassed for the rest of his night out.

"get busy livin' or get busy dyin'..."
 46yrs • M •
it's an easy way out, but i like to think it helps the guy "save face" instead of feeling pissed or embarassed for the rest of his night out

The choice you make is whether he'll feel bad now, or right when he tries to call you. I can't speak for all guys out there, but personally I don't feel too bad if a girl doesn't want to give me her number. It's just the reality of not being liked by 100% of the people out there. So I feel worse if I think she gave it to me and then find out I was fooled, than if I never got it in the first place.

If you want to be indirect in the rejection, lying and saying you have a BF is alright, or saying you just got out of a relationship and wanna keep to yourself for a bit. If the guy really pushes after this point, he's being an ass. If at this point you get rid of him by giving him a fake phone #, or anything else you have up your sleeve, you're teaching him a lesson, which is okay by me (and most people, I would think).

46yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rollergirl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
^^ yeah. and it's an easy way to get pushy guys off your back.

same with: "uh... i have to go to the bathroom. see you in a bit..."

"get busy livin' or get busy dyin'..."
 48yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that brann22 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It depends on the guy...
If a guy comes up and is being really anoying, I will just walk off or give some grin and walk off. I wont waist any of my time with fake #'s or lines!
Now if he is being nice but, he just isnt my type I might do a fake!! I still have walked off though. Ive talked with them and then just left (nicely)

"Why try so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out!!"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that §hÄDÉ is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So if the guys nice, why walk off at all? Can you still Have a conversation Even if he isnt your type? Just get your point a cross that he's not your type and talk to him at least save him that.

"I'm afraid of the dark,and suspicious of the light"
 75yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that jakereaney is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Wonder if the guy is a total turdball from Hades!
Eldred

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheTruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lynnie-

"Okay dingle, Cruel Women? Can't men figure out if a girl is interested in them or not. Seems as though it might be obvious in some ways. On the other hand, what about men that promise to be true to you? What does that make them?

Had to put a twist on this, I know you are up for the challenge."

First of all, it is known that women and men are both untrue to each other at times. So you obviously can't use that as an attribute specific to men only.

Second of all, Guys don't give out numbers to women after a date, that's usually the woman's job. This established that women are the only gender to pull off this nasty trick.

And finally, there is no excuse for a woman doing that unless she is either a) Cruel and inconsiderate, or b) Too afraid to witness the awkward realization the man will face after you tell him you aren't going to give it to him.

If I was a woman, I wouldn't be proud of this. Any women here up for THAT challenge? That is, explaining why the hell they would do such a thing to those poor and innocent men......

"He who refuses to seek will never learn"
 61yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that kooky is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Okay, let us not forget about the GUYS who ask for numbers and then.......NEVER CALL!

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that KrazyGamer is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lol...i dunno if women find dingleberries very attractive. but i'm sure you're a very handsome dingleberry. >_<.

"ablahblahblah."
 46yrs • M •
Brann, my point was that getting a fake # feels worse than getting the "I have a boyfriend" routine. Why give a fake particularly when the guy's nice?

Kooky, I *always* call, even if I'm not interested in pursuing anything.

53yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Mountain Girl is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I have never given out a fake number...

BUT...

I guess I just give off that "bitch" aura...the eyes that just say...

"Don't waist your time here"...

BUT...on the flip side of this question...

I have one....

"Why do men lie to girls/women at the bar/gym/etc...about being in a commited relationship?"...meaning...Why do men feel the need to put their S.O's on the backburner...so that they may seek a cheap thrill/one night stand, with some bimbo?

"Just stepped back in to..."ruffle some feathers""
 50yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that GreenWeed is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
HOW FUCKING SHALLOW CAN YOU BE!!!!
WHAT A FUCKEN TOSSER!!

You won't talk to a guy just because he's not the tight you would have sex with. So do you have sex with everyone you stay and talk to?

Is there a time limit, say, If you talk to a guy for more then 10 min. does that mean your gonna sleep with him.

very strange indeed.

"I will not persist! I've had it!"
  1    2    3    4    5  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy