Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

School uniforms

User Thread
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that §hÄDÉ is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
School uniforms
School Uniforms, When I was Jr.High (gr.7-gr.9) Whenever I heard the word I would say "what a stupid idea what about being diffrent?" or osmehting along those Lines but now that I think of it, It would save alot of kids the harsh cruel punishment of being teased about they wear and girls saying " that doesnt match that"
Because everyone would be wearing the same thing and no one would ever think of insulting some elses clothes if they are wearing the same thing.

"I'm afraid of the dark,and suspicious of the light"
 54yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that walts is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thats a good point Shade, never thought of it in that light .

I always thought it would suck to wear uniforms at work but after having a job that required them it wasnt such a bad idea, at least I didnt wear out my own clothes and a couple places even picked up the wash bill.

"Have you thanked a Vet for your freedom lately?"
 40yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that sjmf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
School Uniforms??
You both have a point of the fact that kids would not get picked on or teased, but the personalities would almost be the same. Think about it, if the school you went to in First Grade made you wear uniforms all the way up to your Senior Year, you and everyone else that went to that same school would be so much alike. Think about all those kids that go to schools that have uniforms, how many of them do you think actually go to college. I wouldn't think very many of them would because I don't know of any colleges that have uniforms and that is all those kids are used to. They would be scared to go to a school where everyone looks different, and have a personality of their own!!

"I'm every where you don't want me to be!"
 54yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that walts is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Not necessarily sjmf, Dont you think those kids have or would have lives out side of school? What about on weekends??

"Have you thanked a Vet for your freedom lately?"
 34yrs • F •
insane_anarchy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
speaking from the tounge of a student being threatend with having to wear a uniform i say that there are good and bad points about wearing a uniform. one good point being like what i know a bunch of people my age DO get teased about what they wear (which by the way is really rude) and a uniform would be a big help. but on the other hand i think kids and peole in general should be able to be who they want to be with out anyone telling them they cant wear this because its ugly or they cant wear that because its not a name brand.

"its better to burn out than to fade away"
 40yrs • M •
Yes Insane people do want to be whoever they want to be, but they never want to be who they actually want to be. because of Influence of media, people(peer pressure), etc.
so wearing a Uniform will take away the worries and help school life become much easier because school isn't a place for socializing it's a place to learn.

And Plus I always thought when i was younger that girls in uniforms were Hot.and Heck still a girl in uniform is still hot.

P.S: Keep posting Insane

40yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that sjmf is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You have a good point there walts. There are weekends and they should have a life out side of school. I guess I never looked at it that way. Thanks for helping a lost one out!! LOL

And yes Shade school is a place for learning and not socializing. I guess I never looked at it from that point. I guess I was just looking at it from what I thought when I was in school. My friends and I would cringe to the thought of uniforms!!

"I'm every where you don't want me to be!"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that think4yourself is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If there are any character traits that are suppressed by uniforms, I think it's mainly the external ones. People who are quiet tend to be quite imaginitive on the inside, and have a well defined sense of individuality (although they often don't share it with the rest of us). People who pursue popularity on the other hand tend to be quite similar to each other. I find the popular lads to be far more predictable than ex-nerdy intellectuals.

34yrs • F •
insane_anarchy is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
shade yes school IS a place for learning but as everyone knows you do socialize there and like you alot of the guys at my school like the idea of teenage girls in uniforms. i think that uniforms would be ok as long as we could change it around and with out there being a strict policy on what you could do to make the uniform your oun.

40yrs • M •
Yes, But that would Ruin the Whole point of a Uniform if you made it diffrent in anyway.

34yrs • F •
well then how could you be yourself and express your self in school?

40yrs • M •
Clothing Doesn't tell anyone who you are. unless they read a book by it's cover which most people do. It's Called personality

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that bmxbiker16 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
School Uniforms = teh lose

'nuff said

"I may disagree with what you say, but i'll defend to the death your right to say it"
 40yrs • M •
Dude Do you not know how to have a Conversation?
Go Home!

34yrs • F •
shade: but alot of people DO "read books by there covers" not that thats a good thing but hey it happens. but you do have a good point there is a little thing called personality which is most important. thanks

School uniforms
  1    2    3    4  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy