The filthy riches of the filthy rich are not unrelated to the filthy poverty of others. - China Mieville
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

The last leg for Atheism - Page 12

User Thread
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
ok guys, time to get back to the original topic of the thread atheism not morals, if you want to discuss that please make a new thread so the rest of us can try to get back on topic.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Ok, Howcan we make moral distinctions between good and bad in an athiestic worldview?

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
ok guys, time to get back to the original topic of the thread atheism not morals, if you want to discuss that please make a new thread so the rest of us can try to get back on topic.

Done

http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/frmid=17-u-thrdid=61000

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 38yrs • M
Leoric is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
There is no way this Earth could even have been created without a God or supernatural entity. It's really quite obvious that there is a God...

36yrs • M •
prove it. So far the only evidence that leads to support your claim is a really old book. Where as for the big bang version it has a lot more evidence pointing towards it.

64yrs • M •
quote:
There is no way this Earth could even have been created without a God or supernatural entity. It's really quite obvious that there is a God...

I believe you are right - unfortunatly you either believe it or you don't, it can't be proven or disproven.

quote:
Where as for the big bang version it has a lot more evidence pointing towards it.

From what I understand, the big bang theory has caused a lot of scientists to believe in God

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
it does not matter that many scientist beleive in god because they have studied the theory. one of the main reasons why is because most scientist, good ones at least, find themselves extremely intteligent. and when they cant find an answer, they say its god. because the answer cant be found, and the only halfway beleivable answer is magic.
the only thing that any body can come up with so far is that magic did it. which is cool. but when you are trying to discredit something by saying that many people have failed at trying to disprove god, and as such now beleive in god, you are simlpy saying that "it hasnt happend before, therefore its not going to happen now." and that really does sound retarted.
quote:

because apparently you are incapable of making a statement and backing it up i am now going to say this.

there is no way this earth could be created without using some form of extreme magic from little demons that you cannot see and they have always been around.

go ahead. dissprove that. i'll even write a bible if i have to.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 64yrs • M •
Until you can explain to me how a tree is made and make one just like it to prove your theory then I will continue to believe that God made it with full confidence in my faith.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Zato is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Instead of always guessing...
Why doesn't anyone just admit they don't know, can't know and just move for this is all pointless.
Besides you will all find out in a few years or so anyways.
Much luv.

"Anything is Possible when you think illogically."
 36yrs • M •
true, question how will we find out in a few years. As for Athiesm who here thinks that it is failing? I for one think its growing and will not die.

35yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that awakendwraith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i do not understand the last three replies.

"Why cry for those that often cry? Instead, help them smile, and smile for those that smile."
 36yrs • M •
Excuse me my last repy was rather vague.
quote:
Why doesn't anyone just admit they don't know, can't know and just move for this is all pointless
-True

quote:
Besides you will all find out in a few years or so anyways
-question how will we find out in a few years?
And this is to get us back on track. As for Athiesm who here thinks that it is failing? I for one think its growing and will not die.

36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Jacker_Jones is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think he means that when you die you find out the answers. If a tree is enough to believe in God then could a tree be enough for you to not believe in God. Interesting how people believe in God without seeing him yet in order for them to not believe in God they need to see it.

"I love to see people struggling for their purpose in life..."
 64yrs • M •
A tree is just an example - I could use a blade of grass or a fly and get the same results.

Why do Atheists always demand from us who believe proof and ridicule our faith in that which cannot be seen, actually claiming that this is the reason for all the bad things in the world. Whats wrong in believing in things that cannot be proven or seen?

There is absolutely no logic in this way of thinking - yet they claim to be the logical ones, kinda hypocritical. Is it because they wish they could believe but can't and are jealous because we do and hope that maybe we could provide them proof so that they can and are angry because we can't?

36yrs • M •
quote:
Whats wrong in believing in things that cannot be proven or seen?
from my stand point nothing. I belive air is there even though I cant see it.
quote:
yet they claim to be the logical ones, kinda hypocritical.

We never claimed we were logical nor did you.
quote:
Is it because they wish they could believe but can't and are jealous because we do and hope that maybe we could provide them proof so that they can

Are we jealous, how are you the one to decide the answer to that question. The answer is left up to us to determine not you.
quote:
and are angry because we can't?
once again how can you say we are angry. I at the least am glad that you cant prove anything becouse it adds one more step to the downfall of some of the major religons.

The last leg for Atheism - Page 12
  5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy