Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Emotional Spreading - Page 7

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Existence only exists in individual truth; yes I know it is initially a confusing statement to understand. This is a 'reality exists in the mind' concept. I believe that our inner reality or individual truth is existence, yet it may be possible that in an external reality we do not exist (i'll explain further below).
We have the conciousness to be able to know or think of our existence. Some people see existence as physical reality. Some would see it beyond the 'real world' and into a form of spiritual realm. Is reality an existence? Is the way we perceive things via our 'inner' realm a reality? (reality exists in the mind concept). Is our reality and or existence socially constructed?

My individual truth of the 'real' world is a postmodernist realm, that there is no one universal truth . I don't like to seek ultimate 'truth', but only reasons; only individual truth. What you define truth as, isn't universal. Space, me, and life exists because it is part of my 'inner' individual reality or truth...i'll explain this right below

This is how I perceive individual reality, truth and existence:
The only way we can reason reality, truth or existence is through our own mind. The world "out there", external reality, is a shared universe of common experience. It is the lowest common denominator of all our experience. We take it for granted and it supplies us with a common field of action. That is all it is. Your realm of personal "mind" is another sort of universe. You experience it every second 24/7. From your inner mind comes all meaning about everything in the "outer" universe. You may be influenced by the external world of common experience, but this inner individual universe exists, is very real, and is ultimately of more value than anything "out there". Why? Because what happens "out there" depends totally on what you do or what occurs with your own mind. Your personal universe is the only thing able of deciding value. What you perceive from the 'outer' universe is received and detected in your 'inner' reality. When one's inner reality is destroyed through belief systems, one can only after time become a shadow of raw matter and energy - which in itself is meaningless and dead. In the end, what you end up believing "in" or "about" is basically an action of your own mind to attach meaning and significance to something.

quote:
Not if your existance is not individual. If you exist in a way that shares your thoughts and emotions and experiences with someone else, they, in essence, exist with you

Some people would agree with you, but others would say that once one shares anything with someone else; it is no longer individual but rather a shared experience.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 37yrs • M •
Your opinion seems confined. You mention telepathy as having the potential to share experiences. Individual truth is independant from external surroundings and therefore the so called 'telepathy' force would make it a shared experience.

quote:
you are connected to everything. All individual truths automatically adjust to contain more and more of the universe which would eventually equate to one universal truth.

This network of individual truths cannot equate to one universal truth. The universe isn't exactly a paragoned realm.

quote:
individual reality, if it exists for people, is completely false and incorrect

Hang on..before you claimed there were individual truths and now your saying they are false. Your point seems circumscribed. If there is only universal reality we would all be the same, like clones. We don't all see the world the same as one universal truth. Evolution operates on the basis that there is variation within a species.

If you don't believe in individual truth, reality and existence then could you explain how you view only universal truth.

39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Reality is the big picture and we each perceive it differently (individual reality) however if there was no common ground we would be unable to have any connect with each other because everything we did would be completely foreign to anyone else. If there is universal reality then there must be a universal truth.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 71yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that dibs is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Evil is from the Devil ! But the Bible also says that it is man's
inherent nature --but if you want to break it down - God created the Heaven and the Angels - and Satan was the leader of praise in Heaven- He was the most beautiful angel in Heaven -- He became filled with pride over his beauty and power - so after that - he decided he would assend above God and take over Heaven -- and there was a war in Heaven - so as a result of the war -Satan and one third of the angels that resided in Heaven were kicked out.
This pertains to the scripture where Jesus said He beheld Satan falling from the Heavens as lightning -
At that point and time Satans domain became the earth - and what we had -- the first docummented appearance of Satan was in the Garden of Eden where Adam and Eve were tempted and ate from the Tree of Knowledge -- the Tree of good and evil -- where as before they ate they had no knowledge of good or evil -- but after they ate -- Sin entered into Man. - that was the beginning of Sin and the beginning of Man being accountable for his sins. -and it then became inherent for all men to be evil. - later on down the line that was the reason why that ultimately came down to a battle between God and Satan -- Satan had been given the earth as his dominion -- and Satan said he would continue to Rule over Earth and that Man is evil and that Man will side with me against you God - God said I will send my Son and through Him -- the people with side with me. So in essence it has always and always will be a fight between God and Satan -- Good and Evil-- for a good example of how this is suppose to go - read the Book of Job -- God has given us the right to chose - we are free to live however we chose to live in this life - we will be judged in the next on how we have chosen to live -- there will be many that dont believe in this judgement day -- I for one - wouldnt want to take that chance and find out that there really was a judgment day

"Let your heart guide you ..... It whispers, so listen closely!"
 37yrs • M •
what makes you so sure of this dibs? Did someone tell you this. How is your 'story' connected to this discussion about individual vs universal truth, reality and existence?

71yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that dibs is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Have I gotten confused on which thread I was writing in ?? Didnt this discussion begin with question concerning where did evil come from ????
did I dream this ??
As far as how I know this -- read the Bible -

"Let your heart guide you ..... It whispers, so listen closely!"
 40yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Wyote is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
this thread sort of went all over the place.

dibs - your response is actually what i was expecting from people originally, ive been surprized at how much thought has gone in to it though.

summit - many take the bible to be factual. dibs response is really no more correct than anyone elses.

all - id like to see some physical proof as to the origins of negativity/evil. for some it is simply logical for evil to exsist. please explain its neccessity. any other additional insight relating to the original post would be great too...

"A loving heart is the beginning of all knowledge. - Thomas Carlyle"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Yeah bak to the original question. I think, if we trace proof of language back to its roots we go through Latin, Greek, then back to hyroglyphics, paintings and then ultimatly the source is light. So we have light then sound communication. i can assume as it is mostly intelligence tht seperates us from animals, that evil is a product of this. I wold probably say it first stemmed, thus, actualy fom major difference either within or between groups but in a communicative manner. Thus it is, in my opinion rooted in either power or jealosy. On the other side it could be between differences in language ability. This seems to be the product of our intelligence. I feel that, however, ths intelligence is far too useless at describing reality. So you get difference of ideals, confusion and thn evil. Of course, one could say evil is purely a concept conjured up by humans; it is not real per se.

obvious, maybe, but somehingto work on.

""No words""
Emotional Spreading - Page 7
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy