Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Emotional Spreading - Page 6

User Thread
 39yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that etherealmeekle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
What I am saying is that if they are made to stop thinking how can they possibly realize the truth? By giving a convenient answer to the people it stops them from pursuing the issue further so they are unable to find truth.

"Speak out, even if what you have to say is unpopular"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that summit is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
etherealmeekle: your arguement is biased.
The meaning of 'truth' is so vague. What you may fail to realise is that your 'truth' isn't universal. Meaning and value of human beliefs and behaviors have no absolute reference to truth. Each person has their own, personal, truth. Truths in the human sense are ever-changing. Truth varies between person to person. It is always dynamic depending upon one's knowledge and growth. Truth depends on your culture, religion, education, governments and the media. Moral truths are socially constructed. It is all ethically confusing, and therefore impossible to put truth as one.

"The summit is just a halfway point"
 39yrs • M •
quote:
What you may fail to realise is that your 'truth' isn't universal

This is exactly what I mean. If you tell a person that truth is relative then they have no need to think beyond what they are told. This is how political correctness works; it stops our need to think so we simple accept everything as 'truth'

37yrs • M •
yes. The majority of the world cannot or have not realised that 'truth' is not universal. And it is generally the ignorant who freely accept the hypothetical 'truth'.

39yrs • M •
Truth is universal though. Life and death are both examples of universal truth. Relative truth is simply a tehnique to makes people feel better about themselves. Happy, ignorant people are easy to control.

37yrs • M •
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/thrdid=47540-u-frmid=1-u-page=0#

life and death are examples of your 'truth'. it is not universal.

39yrs • M •
How does that make sense? Are you telling me that your truth does not involve life or death? If truth is merely a perception than it is not truth at all but rather an opinion.

37yrs • M •
What I am saying is- that the ideology of 'truth' only exists in the mind. Every individual sees their reality as their truth. However reality is not universal. My arguement is that there is no such thing as one 'truth'. Truth, is simply just an opinion- it can go no further than that. Life and death are biological truths yet they are not universal truths.

39yrs • M •
quote:
What I am saying is- that the ideology of 'truth' only exists in the mind

And I am saying it doesn't. Biological truths are universal for are we not all biological?

37yrs • M •
all i've done is given my opinion, just like you have and everyone else.

as i said- there is no one truth. individual truth exists in the mind. Try and think outside the box... there may be other truths external from biological organisms. However these truths are of course not part of our reality of our 'truth'

39yrs • M •
If there is no univsersal truth then we no longer need to think.

37yrs • M •
it should be the other way around- if there is universal truth then we no longer need to think, because everything would be figured out. Individuals and societies thrive on thought.

We all have individual truth, which allows us to think, question and ponder about life and reality. However we don't have universal truth. It also depends on how you define life as. It seems that most people's purpose to life is to search for the ultimate universal truth. Yet they won't be able to explore further than their individual truth.

39yrs • M •
Universal truth is something to keep searching for, but individual truth is right here and we never have to examine it because it is self justified so that ends our thought process.

37yrs • M •
The ability to ask questions is the greatest resource in learning the individual truth.

"Believe nothing just because a so-called wise person said it. Believe nothing just because a belief is generally held. Believe nothing just because it is said in ancient books. Believe nothing just because it is said to be of divine origin. Believe nothing just because someone else believes it. Believe only what you yourself test and judge to be true." Buddha

Once that is done, you may find your individual truth.

37yrs • M •
quote:
universal truth of existance, which is the same for everyone.

You claim existence is universal truth. However existence only exists in individual truth. Your individual truth tells you that there is universal truth. This is one-sided. There is no universal truth- think about it.

Emotional Spreading - Page 6
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy