Be regular and orderly in your life, so that you may be violent and original in your work. - Gustave Flaubert
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

Why do we exist? - Page 4

User Thread
 33yrs • M •
llllJesusllll is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
there could be so many reasons why we exist. i have a weird reason to believe why we exist. it is for a purpose and that purpose is to anwser this question and all the other ones that we do not know. what happens after death? what happens before death? what happens... . after we have the answers to all the questions to what we do not know then a new life is created. in this new life its everything that we dont know. and i beilieve the new life would be so much better than this one we are in now. it would be way different it would be beyond our imagination and thoughts or ideas. our new life would have new questions to anwser and to create another life we would need to answer those questions. rencarnation will occur until we have fully answered to all the unknown.

""What we know is....this life now. What we dont know....is our other life.""
 33yrs • M •
GLTKN is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I don't think that there is a 'mission' for our existence. A creator who can create our universe can achieve everything we can or we will like the previous ideas of 'building the perfect human', with out the necessity of us. The main point should be that we got only one life (we are at least sure that we got one, there can be others but it is a tiny possibility) and we are 'relatively' more skilled than the other 'living' forms around us emotional wise , so its something like a gift to us without the curse of not knowing everything, and death makes it more precious. Enjoy it .

"One life, enjoy it."
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eye is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
we all exist to leave something behind, that would express our choices and actions. either in others memories, or in others state of being.

i think it's a better choice to analyze what to do in our existence, rather than why.

life is what you make of it and nothing more.

"i think therefore i think i am"
 74yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that The Real MacKay is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

TO: zakary6
Last Login: 12:50 am – April 6, 2005

DATE OF POST (Topic Thread - Post #1): Why Do We Exist?
12:43: am - April 6, 2005
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread/39227/why-do-we-exist.htm

Well, after all these years 'zakary6', your topic thread Why Do We Exist? still causes, dare I say,
an 'emotional' response in people.

I'm a Bonafide Cynic, therefore I'm not concerned with people's 'emotions' – I prefer FACTS.

And speaking of facts...

DEFINITIONS

Belief:
      to have confidence in the existence of something, without absolute PROOF.

Creation:
      --- the world; universe.
      --- the original bringing into existence of the universe by God.

Religion:
      a set of 'beliefs' concerning the cause, nature, and purpose of the universe, esp. when
      considered as the creation of a superhuman agency or agencies, usually involving devotional
      and ritual observances, and often containing a moral code governing the conduct of
      human affairs.

ANSWER:

What you or I 'believe' is irrelevant to FACT.

Your belief, my belief, their belief, etc. – cannot:

--- Create a God that doesn't exist.

--- Destroy a God that does exist.
                        'God is dead.' – Nietzsche    'Nietzsche is dead.' – God

"Belief" is irrelevant to FACT.

Egoism and ignorance are the cause of human beings to confuse 'belief' for FACT.

Creation is an UNKNOWN.

Death is an UNKNOWN.

Human Existence is an UNKNOWN.

For millennium upon millennium, Mankind has argued about Death and Existence – without PROOF.

At best, all arguments are simply a mental exercise without a provable conclusion.

Yet, Mankind continues to breed and present this quandary to the next generation. That IS fiendishly selfish!!!

YOU cannot truly answer the two most important questions (Death & Existence), yet YOU breed and knowingly condemn children to Death. That IS maniacal egoism (abnormal).

NOTE: Don't take YOU personal, unless it applies.

Innocent Children should be the (your) concern.

http://www.captaincynic.com/thread/20528/voluntary-human-extinction-move
ment.htm

The majority of members posting to this Thread are stating unsupported subjective ideas and 'beliefs' - not FACTS.

And if you consider the survival of Mankind as meaningful then that means you're essentially a Pollyanna and/or an immoral Egoist.

Innocent Children should be the (your) concern.

http://www.captaincynic.com/thread/20528/voluntary-human-extinction-move
ment.htm

"Diogenes (Sinope) Where Art Thou?"
[  Edited by The Real MacKay at   ]
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that BethewateR is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
no reason

"all you know is all you know"
 67yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that The teacher is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

"Why do we exist?"
Said the puzzle piece...
To the box.

None of this makes sense,
As he contemplates the pieces...
"I must examine this more closely."

The blind man feels what he sees....
No! None of this makes any sense at all....
These pieces just don't seem to fit...

"Hey! there's a group!
"That seems to have it together."
"Let me look at what they see."

No! This makes no sense either!
A group of blind men...
Trying to put together the puzzle.

Hey! I have an idea!
Lets all shake the box.
Maybe, the pieces will come together.

Oh! No!

We've made it worse!!!!
We've Really messed it all up!!!!
Can you remember what happened?

We better fix this!
We better hurry!
Father will be here anytime!!

Hey! Stop the shaking!
Your making things worse!
No! This makes no sense at all...

What is this shaking?
What is this Quaking?
Everything is starting to fall...

Was it all worth it?
Why did we do this?
Oh! No! this makes no sense at all.

I have an idea ...
Let's get out of the box...
Then we can finaly see.

What is this?
What is that?
Oh! No! Father is here.

Oh God!
That was only a dream ...
I knew it made no sense at all..

Thank You Father,
For waking me up!
I had the craziest dream!.

Let's open the eyes of this picture.
So they can all now see.
Their purpose was to create this illusion
An illusion that will forever be.

Are you an image of the darkness?
The darkness of your mind?
Or are you an image of the light?
Stepping out of time.

The light that burns forever.
The image of the mind.

~~~~The Teacher

"It is the time of the reveiling."
[  Edited by The teacher at   ]
 32yrs • F •
SoulMirror is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I see it as since we anyway are here on this planet and living, we could try to make the best of it. We can never be sure we get another chance and therefor we should take care of life and give it a chance.

I think existence had a good point when writing this:

"We are being controlled by something else, but what. and why would be we controlled because what satisfaction would it bring to the controller."

The interesting is not the fact that something must have made us and control us, but for what reason? As he wrote, what satisfaction would it bring to the controller.

33yrs • M •
Quies, Lucas is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The first humans were black
http://g1.globo.com/Noticias/Brasil/0,, MUL1293205-5598 ,00-ALBINO + CHILDREN + OF + BLACK + MAE + + MAKE TESTS OPHTHALMOLOGICALS + + + IN OLINDA.html

To understand the theory you need to click the link above ^ ^.

The link is in portuguese! But you can see the images showing albinism childrens, son of black people.

Well, this event happened in the interior of Pernambuco (it´s a poor state from Brazil´s northeast, my country).
- - -I think- - - that may have happened in Africa too, many years ago. In the news read that:

''They live in the outskirts of town and need care from the sun.
Mother and two brothers do not have albinism.''
Type''the children of albinos are born Caucasian.''

The theory is:
It is likely that Caucasians (whites) who were born in Africa (in the same way as shown on the news) not endured the sun is there and so migrated to the north (Europe) which is quite cold and conducive to their skin .
Well, specifically white Caucasian I do not know, now the Asian "whites" have existed while the black Africans.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that BethewateR is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the teacher is on acid

"all you know is all you know"
 67yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that The teacher is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
No, haven't had any acid since the good ol seventies. Smoke a blunt, eat some shrooms, just chillin.

"It is the time of the reveiling."
 42yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that pupa ria is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
to find a reason for our existence, experiment, i think of myself as an understudy of life, there's no specific aim for me.

"I'm the mirror that will make you invisible"
 29yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that forgottentruth is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well...There isn't going to be an answer, there are many many reasons but we can't prove that any of them are true. According to Buddhism, we are put on Earth to reach a higher plain of existance (Nirvana), Christianity says God got bored one day and decided to create us to "look after the world" (what a good job we're doing...) and there are many many many more reasons why we were put on the Earth, but we can't tell which one is real or true.
The best we can do is enjoy life no matter how "dukkha" or crap it is. You're alive. Do something.

"All we see or seem; is but a dream within a dream. - Edgar Allan Poe"
 28yrs • M •
mikeS15 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I believe we humans are trapped in a world of hate and greed. A world controlled by a the " law " . Personally i do not dislike the government , but why must we be confined in a world controlled by others. I have yet to understand the meaning of our existence or why we are here.

30yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that re-incarnation is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the very reason why we exist is...... BECAUSE WE CAN!!!!!!!!!!

"once more unto the breach"
 35yrs • M •
hakipower is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I congratulate you guys on your theories and opinions, it is great to see that there are people out there who are being conscious of this subject.

Say no more guys, if you are thinking of why am I here? then you FIND the reason why you are here. but for that person who is happy and does not need to know why is he here, he lives his life with happiness thinking of other matters that are of concern to him.

It is the question that drives us. and yes.. we all have divine power inside of us, or else, Jesus would not have been claimed to be the son of god, the Quran would have not existed, Edison could not have invented the incandescent bulb, Ford could not have made the manufacturing industry.

Simply kept? you want to see god? ask yourself how intense is my desire to see god?

You want to become super rich? ask yourself how intense is my desire to become super rich?

There is no such thing as something for nothing

Our greatest gift in life is that we choose what to perceive.
Is the glass half full or half empty?

Thats the most magnificent gift that we have

Hope I made sense.
Thank you

"You can do it if you think you can www.mahmoodahmed.wordpress.com"
Why do we exist? - Page 4
  1    2    3    4    5    6  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy