Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

God's Will

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
God's Will
Why do you think God sent the tsunami that killed thousand of innocent people?

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, this tsunami is NOT the only devastation the world has seen these past few years.
Gosh, look in googles news for disasters...

There have been Hurricanes of mass proportions, Volcanic eruptions, Earthquakes, Typhoons, Mudslides, Hail...etc

Last september here is the list within 2 weeks of natural disasters.

Date Posted: Sep/18/2004 9:18 PM

Earthquake in Kentucky<~~

2 locations in Asia get an earthquake<~~

Philippine Earthquake<~~

Typhoon in Japan<~~

Tropical storm in Tiawan<~~

Typhoon days b4, in Tiawan<~~

Tokyo gets a Volcanic eruption<~~

Hurricane Ivan<~~

Hurricane Jeanne hits Dominican Republic<~~

Tornadoes hit Wahington DC<~~

Tornadoes and Flooding In Pa, and NY<~~

(Actually, so many Tornadoes hit from Ivan, let's just say...across the Eastern board.Too many to post)

Jeanne hits Carribean 58 mins ago<~~

Flooding in Pittsburgh<~~

Bad storms Hit West, 1 hour, 38 mins ago<~~

And the list has still been ongoing. AND NOT counting the other disasters in 2003.

What is His will?

WAKE UP, and believe ...!

We know (Altho aetheists denounce it) That in times of Noah, God brought a flood, and in times of Saddom and Gamorrah he brought devastation.....

WE are at a time of Satan's reign.

NOW its time for clean up, and the second coming.

According to apparitions since the beginning of these last one hundred years...
WE must stop abortions, aetheism, omitting God, and pray and fast for the conversion of souls.

ALL these disasters have been foretold to a few. PLUS it is in the Bible as prophesied by Jesus...that NO stone (Nation ) will be left unturned.
We will see earthquakes, famine, diseases (Cancer) that are incurable, (AIDS too) and war, pestilence (More bugs carrying more diseases)

Seems like we are indeed there.

These are the Last Warnings.
No, not the end of the world, mind you, but the second coming of Christ.

Of course, dont believe me....however, the apparitions said 2/3's of the world will be wiped out.

WHO will it be..?

Just mind yourselves, and believe. AND argument is moot point really.... cos those who wont believe will not believe until it is too late.

IF you want faith...ask for it.
Ciao.

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that secret07 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I also believe in the second coming of Christ Patrish, but i must point out that the signs of the end of the age outlined in Revelation have long been fulfilled. Christ can come at any time, but He's no more likely to come now then any other time. When Christ first assended back to heaven, all the disciples sold their homes and lived in a mass community fasting and praying. This is not the point of God's coming like a thief in the night. The point is, we must live so that if Jesus popped into the room, we would not be ashamed, live as though He is watching all the time, because He is.

Attolia, there is no known answer to that question. I believe that such things will be explained in heaven. So, when I get there, I'll send a memo.

"life sucks but its better than the alternative"
 56yrs • F •
quote:
This is not the point of God's coming like a thief in the night.

LIVE life like you have NO tomorrow.

AS an example, how many ppl have died in the tsunami...and was this action like a thief in the night?

Did it occur suddenly? Were they prepared? Did they make atonement to God before hand?

Did they adhere to living life for God, not knowing when they would die?

This is about living life for Jesus, because when He comes to gather in His harvest, we must be prepared for our ends... our mortal ends.

This is not about Jesus just watching, but when HE comes like a thief in the "night"...(Equated to our dark times)..will there be any faith left on earth...as asked?
IS there?

Look around and see, very few ppl actually believe and those who do are sometimes lukewarm at the very best. Mass confusion, denial, and blatant sins right there in our faces. Secular societies rule the Christians now. IT is unpopular to be religious, and the persecutions have been everywhere.

This site for one is evidence of how very little religion is regarded...and who wants us to turn from God?
AND WHY?

Well, if this is the time of our 'night' and times are dark in the faith, and Jesus comes like a thief and we are NOT prepared...then many souls will go to satan as is his plan.
Enter confusion and attacks of Christ.

"He will strike at your heel, and you will strike at his head"
satan and Christ. Heel is the underhanded attack by evil.
Forthright is the head. NO hidden secrets. Outright 'messages' in regards to evil.

These warnings are getting pretty obvious.

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
20:4 If, however, the people of the land shut their eyes to that man when he gives some of his children to Molech so that they do not put him to death, 20:5 I myself will set my face against that man and his clan. I will cut off from the midst of their people both him and all who follow after him in prostitution, to commit prostitution by going after Molech.

Pat, please look more into Bush, get some better info, if god is pissed, its because of this, Bush is so involved with the Grove, just like his Dad. Clinton went there too, they are all skull and bones, and they all partake in Rituals that would not please a Christian god or follower.

Stop trying to act like they are innocent, all evidence to the contrary. For the love of all humanity.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 56yrs • F •
Thot we went thru all of this....

Look, the time is near but not because of a certain leader or two, but the leaders are 'products' of their times.

For instance Nostradamus, altho many defeat his purpose, but evidence shows by both his predictions and his writings still with us, that indeed he was also part of God's plan to help us see what and when things are coming.

However, Nostradamus never pointed to Bush as the 3rd Anti Christ.

There were going to be three.
Napoleon, Hitler, and Osama. (The third would rise from the middle east)

Not only did he foretell these times, BUT so does the Bible.

You claim it is all ONE leaders fault we are at end times, I disagree.
The fact that abortion is part of our laws, the fact homosexuality is acceptable, the fact that nations slide ever closer to dismissing God....especially those nations who are free.

FREE THINKERS have multiplied. In fact we now have 850 million aethists, theists, and agnostics today.
Quite a number considering ....

Anyway, it is the WORLD at large responsible for the dissatisfaction of God.

He can either be mercy or anger. We look around, children killed by parents, molesters, murder abound, (Not to mention how famous they are too.), abortions, gay marriages, gay rights, gay tv shows, sex on at prime time. , the lowest church attendance ever, in fact the very 'idea' how boring church is, or how 'man made' it is, we have had wars for eons, ......etc etc

BUT I believe I went into revelations ...did I do it in this forum??

Anyway, this has been evolving over the last century..
Technology is a wonderment, but it is also something distractive, keeping us from prayer...and from meditating on God.

Be honest, you cannot blame any one person for all the woes, but you can blame the world for its own woes. IT is te world that is in trouble.

You want to herald change...change comes from each individual.
The role now for christians is NOT placating those who disbelieve, but making an urgent call back to God.

THIS IS why I dont mince words...and this is why I believe Jesus did not mince words.
When asked anything directly he always gave a direct response.

It wasnt well received, so therefore I do what I can to follow His footsteps...AND NO I DO NOT BELIEVE I AM NOR EVER WILL LIKE HIM..But with so many thick heads today, I dont have time to placate and pretend to be 'sweet' as it is false, and Jesus said NOT to do that.

I dont insult anyone person...
BUT I am straight forward.

(UNless of course someone insults me. What can I say, the humanness in me can be rretaliatory...sorry.

46yrs • M
You claim it is all ONE leaders fault

Uh, no. Corruption this long standing is bigger than any president.

You are deluded by personal desires to be right, and since Bush has allied himself both Republican and "christian" you such up everything he tells you and that anyone says good about him. That is pathetic, and I know you are far smarter than that.

If Osama was the Anti-Christ we would have to accept the credit. Wake up already.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 38yrs • F •
chilled_v is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
How are you so gulible? And why do so many religious nuts congregate in America? Earthquakes are natural disasters, they happen when the teutonic plates collide, surely an elementary education could have taught you that? Why does it always have to be the "end of the world" or the second bloody coming? Is noone suspicious when all of these apocalypse theories collapse one by one, as yet again, we fail to be extinguished? Also, according to Nostradamus the world has already ended. pur-lease....

"le_400eme_coup"
 38yrs • F •
chilled_v is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
just cos im bored...

If you really want to serve your God then stop drving you big fuckoff monster trucks and using noxious fumes and destroying His planet. If the planet is going to end it will be because of us. How long will it take people to realise that we are the biggest threat to this planet and its people? We are The Anti-Christ.

"le_400eme_coup"
 36yrs • F •
Chilled, I'm not denying that the tectonic plates slid and whatnot. But to me, attributing everything that happens to a coincidence doesn't make sense. The universe is too well planned to have events of coincidence. But I like your second post. We can, in part, be blamed for the destruction of nature and each other. There are enough nuclear weapons to destroy the entire earth three times over.

I started this thread hoping that we could discuss some probable reasons behind natural disasters. I'm sorry it turned out to be an argument.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 38yrs • F •
there are no "possible theories" it was an earthquake... nature happens.

At 17 how do you manage to be so closed and condescending?

Are you Ann Coulter in disguise?

And a previous question once more: "Is noone suspicious when all of these apocalyptic theories expire?"

"le_400eme_coup"
 36yrs • F •
I was not being condescending in any way, nor did I have the intention of doing so. Maybe you just misunderstood what I said.
quote:
"Is noone suspicious when all of these apocalyptic theories expire?"
The theories don't expire. things keep happening, so the same theory keeps coming back up. People look for reasons behind natural disasters because "nature happens" isn't always a satisfying answer. Some people try to look beyond the superficial and seek answers for the questions burning them up inside.

Who's Ann Coulter????

38yrs • F •
Hardly.... the theory that the world would end at the dawn of the new millennium was incorrect and thus expired.

It makes me sick to my stomach to think that you can even contemplate believing or having faith in this God if you believe that this God is willing to manevolently harm children and innocents. A God who punishes like this deserves to have their temples burned.

"le_400eme_coup"
 46yrs • M
I'll be worried about the tsunami once it catches up to the death toll of how many people we've killed in Iraq over about 15 years.

And then I'll go, gee, I hope that wasn't done on purpose somehow by anyone.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that secret07 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The signs of the end of the age have been around for a while now. Every time something big happens there are people saying it's the end of the world. Revelation and other prophetic verses talk about the things that must happen before the second coming. These versed do not say it's going to happend directly after these disasters. The reason for the signs was that people had stopped living, quit their job, and were standing around staring at the sky, waiting for Jesus to come back. They had to be shown that He wasn't going to come just then, that they should continue their lives. Yes, live each day for God Pat, but the second coming is no more inniment now then ever before.

"life sucks but its better than the alternative"
God's Will
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy