Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

God's Will - Page 8

User Thread
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that 730 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"Church simply means gathering. When Gods people gathered together they are in church - they are amongst the Spirit in a special way."

^^Amongst the spirit in a special way??...hahahaha.... O.k so the spirit is only considered to be lively and most revered when you're in church?.... A gathering IS church (i agree), not the building, so if it's not the building then why are you there?...... The foundation of earth is the rock where church is located......The earth is the church, it's inhabitants accepting the earth and Gods almighty power then have church in their hearts.......So the question rises again, Why worship in a building?....Why should you restrict your love?

And like Angel of Death said....God doesn't think!....Is God a human?....Is God an attainable being of physical nature?..NO!! God has no thoughts, God IS our thoughts, we're the ones that think, we're the ones who have to make decisions..... God just shows us the tools, and we're the ones who determine how the tools are used!....God won't do anything for us....The creator shows, and WE do!!...

"Thats nonsense - you should try reading the Bible before commenting on it. In fact it says the exact opposite. I worship God daily in many different aspects of that day. I even worship God when Im sad or angry not only when I see a beautiful sunset or things go my way. When someone does something wrong or cruel or evil I ask God to bless them, not to curse them. That is love too. "

See you've already been restricted of love!...Love is not just an emotion, Love is being!...Love is not just saying a good word to your neighbor...It's being your neighbor...being YOUR bestfriend, in which makes people be your best friend... That's love! And it's a shame that your "beliefs" are based in a book!....The Bible has a tremendous amount of truth, I'm not denouncing the bible, and I've read about 60% of it..... Stop placing your heart in the words of the bible, and Start being a child of God, not holding on to any physical aspect of your life...hold on to what you can't touch....Not just faith, because you seek to have faith.....Stop searching and just hold on to the invisibility....

"God is not merely love. To say that God is only love is to limit his attributes. God is justice. God is goodness. These trinitarian attributes are essential to God's nature. To ignore one or two at the expense of the other is dangerous and leads to idolatry."

^^HAHAHAHAHAHA.....that's the funniest thing I've heard in my entire life......I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at what you said....hahahaha......Excuse me Sir if I may say... "God is love"....<-The bible says that plain and simple!.... Justice, Goodness, and all that other good stuff, comes from Love!... Fear comes from the lack of Love!... To say that God is not just love is to denounce the creator as a whole.....<-that's Idolatry! And Who judges?...God or man?......God has NO emotions.....No desires....GOD JUST IS!!!!..... every "Judgement" that has been placed upon man, he judged it himself....The universal judgement that has been placed on man, is nature just running its course....Nature is cleansing itself from the pestilence which is man...Man is Satan!...God (the essence of Nature) is the only supreme LOVE that can eradicate the sin which is Man.

"And although God is omnipresent - everything is not God. Some many think they are worshiping God in the snake that bites them - they even make think they are worshiping God in the venom that is killing them - I say they are merely worshiping a reptile, and not for long."

^^How can you say that??....you're hurting my heart now, c'mon you claim that you believe in God yet you say something like that...that really hurts..........

Like A.O.D said...God is the essence of everything, therefore my creator IS everything....because everything has an essence..an aura.... God is what we call Gravity, time, and air! Nothing exists in any form without these things, and you know that nothing exists without God!....where's your argument?....We serve the same God, your perception is more physical though....You're waiting and watching and not seeing what's infront of your face....

"Men of Galilee why stand ye gazing at the clouds?"...<- that's the same question I'm posing to you!.....Why are you looking to the sky? look infront of your face Sir....Close your eyes and understand how you can see darkness!....the same darkness and nothingness which is God...your essence!..lol

The Light is God also...because the darkness and the light are the same thing.....they both fill whatever space you place them in...the only difference is you can see they nothingness in them..

"Being is not knowing!"
 53yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Xris is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"So the question rises again, Why worship in a building?.... Why should you restrict your love? "

Ummm, well having a place where people can worship together seems like an obvious idea. And many don't only worship on Sunday at that agreed upon place but also meet through out the week in homes and other agreed upon meeting places. The only one who is restricting seems to be you since you seem to be suggesting that having an agreed upon meeting place is wrong. That's odd.

"God doesn't think!....Is God a human?....Is God an attainable being of physical nature?..NO!! God has no thoughts, God IS our thoughts, we're the ones that think, we're the ones who have to make decisions..... God just shows us the tools, and we're the ones who determine how the tools are used!....God won't do anything for us....The creator shows, and WE do!!... "

Again why do you limit God? Like I said if God didn't think then neither could man. We, as humans, were created in God's image, and the fact that we can think and reason and have free will reveals that. For you God may be some unthinking blind amoral force who cant make decisions, had no decision in our creation, refuses to do anything for his creation but to me that is very sophomoric and illogical. How can your God "show us the tools" if he is incapable of determining what tools we should be shown or understanding what those tools are in the first place?

"Love is not just an emotion, Love is being"

Love is not merely being. Being is being - love is a part of being but being involves much more than just love. Ask those who are suffering. Why do you restrict being?

"HAHAHAHAHAHA.....that's the funniest thing I've heard in my entire life......I'm not laughing at you, I'm laughing at what you said....hahahaha....."

I'm not surprised you find that funny being that you admit your ignorance of God's words.

".Excuse me Sir if I may say... "God is love"....<-The bible says that plain and simple!.... Justice, Goodness, and all that other good stuff, comes from Love!"

Yes it does say God is love. And so do I. However, if you had read me correctly, I said God is NOT MERELY love. This is how you restrict God. Justice is not love it is justice - goodness is not love it is goodness. Shamrock is not love its a leaf that grows in Ireland. Words have meaning and I understand that it may be easier for you to alter the meaning of certain words in order to fit your understanding of God however such actions do not lead to a greater and more proper understanding of God but limits him and his truths.

"Like A.O.D said...God is the essence of everything, therefore my creator IS everything....because everything has an essence..an aura.... God is what we call Gravity, time, and air! Nothing exists in any form without these things, and you know that nothing exists without God!....where's your argument?....We serve the same God, your perception is more physical though....You're waiting and watching and not seeing what's infront of your face.... "

I understand that you are a pantheist - which saddens me. God is not everything. God is the creator and not the created. Nor are you your creations. Yes they come from you but they are not you. God was not Hitler, nor was he the concentration camps nor the gas that killed millions. By worshiping him in all things you are worshiping false Gods. I recommend that you worship God and not his creation.

38yrs • M •
"Ummm, well having a place where people can worship together seems like an obvious idea. And many don't only worship on Sunday at that agreed upon place but also meet through out the week in homes and other agreed upon meeting places. The only one who is restricting seems to be you since you seem to be suggesting that having an agreed upon meeting place is wrong. That's odd."

^^yes it is wrong.....because you're planning of your own measure to meet....<-you're the one doing the planning not God!.....God cannot be contained in anything known to man, so why worship in a spot where you planned out?.... talk about God in the open...you're restricting yourself...

And you say that I limit God?....how can I limit something when I say it has no thoughts, it has no emotions, it has no physical form, it has no tangible substance?....How can I restrict something when it has all the freedom to be whatever it wants to be?.....Your thoughts are God, or the devils(yours). God is not the thinker...you are!....God gives you the tools, it's your thing if you want to use the creators tools or not....and you're waiting to see it infront of your face when it's already there.....

How can love not be being?....yes being is being.....but when you're being what you're supposed to be you're whole make up is love...you don't utter any false precepts, you don't harm anything of or in nature...you're at peace...you're being Love..
Justice exists to correct love....goodness is a retail product of love....How can the words exist by themselves??... impossible! because justice without love is the judicial system we have today....goodness without love is false, because your actions are never true.......

And as for the creation thing....yes the creation is the creator! The creation has some part of the creator, it has it's own form, features and stuff...but the soulful make up of the creation is the creator.......You create a painting...the painting is a painting by itself.....but you are the painting because your all went into it!...get it??.......

I'm also not a Pantheist...goodness I don't even know what that word means...lol..hahaha.....and I don't worship anything of earth...or on earth!.....just because I realize that God is in everything doesn't mean I worship the thing...I Know God, not worship the creator.....Like a personal friend? I know the creator of life...basically God is like my superstar best friend... I know the status my creator is at...but I consider my creator a friend first!.....

Hitler could stay alive only because God was in him....Air!... the actions he took were of HIS own measure...he wanted to kill and control the world, so he disregarded life.... that's wrong!.... destroying someone else is destroying yourself also!... God is the breath of life!!!...the only thing that's inside of you, you're the one who manipulates and places your personality infront of the creators goodness....the goodness that you're born with!....born in sin?...yeah because you're being programmed to learn the ways of the modern world before you are concieved...That's sin!!....

Am I ignorant for believing that my creator is the ever flowing river of life...free from any subjections that man can put my creator under?....I can't say him/or her because God is more than that!......That's how big the creator is....and long lasting.. I'm sorry if it seems that way, and by no means am I tied to anything of this world... I'm considered a human being, a creative outlet from the wholesale being of God..anything else doesn't matter...not culture, not color, not anything... That's freedom!....try it..

"Being is not knowing!"
 53yrs • M •
You say people shouldn't have agreed upon places to meet but should agree to meet in the open as if the open is more holier than a specific place. Either way you are trying to contain God to a specific place - which is impossible. Whether they meet in a park or in a church building God can be in both places equally.

"you're the one doing the planning not God!....."

Your god cant plan because planning requires thinking and your god doesn't think.

"how can I limit something when I say it has no thoughts, it has no emotions"

OMG LMAO - you are doing it now - you are limiting your god to being one that is void of love (an emotion) etc. You worship a god that is limited in abilities that you have but that you believe he can not. You limit what you allow him to be.

"but when you're being what you're supposed to be you're whole make up is love...you don't utter any false precepts, you don't harm anything of or in nature...you're at peace...you're being Love.."

Unfortunately this does not describe the human condition as you know well. As we all know well. Thus humans are not beings of love but beings that can love and that can hate - that can do good and do evil.

"And as for the creation thing....yes the creation is the creator! The creation has some part of the creator, it has it's own form, features and stuff...but the soulful make up of the creation is the creator.......You create a painting...the painting is a painting by itself.....but you are the painting because your all went into it!...get it??....... "

Of course I don't get it because its ridiculous. The creation is not also the creator just because the creation comes from the Creator. Are you your father because he spawned you? Are you your mother? Is your mother you? Are you your previous post because you wrote it? Utter nonsense. And to believe such nonsense is to be a pantheist.

"I'm also not a Pantheist...goodness I don't even know what that word means...lol..hahaha...."

LMAO - wow! Well my friend you are a pantheist if you truly believe what you wrote: "yes the creation is the creator"

"Am I ignorant for believing that my creator is free from any subjections that man can put my creator under"

Yet you are the one who is doing this the most - cant you see it? Your god must fit your idea of him - your god can have no thought or emotion. Liberate yourself and recognize the Creator for what He is and not for what you want Him to be.

37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
90% of God's definitions are meaningless drivel of word-worshipers.

I'll give it a shot: God is when the sensations and feelings we receive are not arbitrary, that there is a point to them as defined by an absolute intelligence.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Xiris, as it is quite clear that you do not indulge in spirituality, so you will view 'the creation is the creater' in a entirely different context and perception. I think it's better that spiritual arguments like 'God is in everything' etc should not be brought into logical discussions, because nobody will understand it's true meaning. but then..., nothing about God is logical, so spirituality must come in.
Xris, if you love everything God has created, that does not make you a panthiest.

quote:
Of course I don't get it because its ridiculous. The creation is not also the creator just because the creation comes from the Creator. Are you your father because he spawned you?

I'd even say that I am not only my father, but my cousins, my friends, my dog as well! How do you differenciate yourself from others? Obviously from your personality. You think you are your mind, your 'personality'. Your face, the school you go to, your friends, what you did 5 years ago, your aims in life, you mistake them for 'yourself'. If all this was taken away, who would you be? If your personality was taken away, would you still be different from others? that is what is meant by 'enlighnment', being one with the universe...being one with God

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 38yrs • M •
^^thanks A.O.D........I'm glad you see this simplicity too..

"OMG LMAO - you are doing it now - you are limiting your god to being one that is void of love (an emotion) etc. You worship a god that is limited in abilities that you have but that you believe he can not. You limit what you allow him to be."

^^how am I limiting God of emotions when God IS LOVE!... there's no other emotion if Love is not the centerpiece!...
True love/peace/gentleness/goodness=fullness of love.... fear/hate/anger=absence of LOVE
Everything you know is centered around love....and as said in a few posts earlier God IS LOVE!....no thought because my creatore IS the thought....God is timeless because my creator IS time!.....my God is not different from yours....your acceptance of the fullness of God is what's different.... You say God can do wonders....I'm saying wonders emminate from God...and one of the greatest wonders is the ability to percieve life!...The ability to speak, even though you are just a bunch of dust piled up together....the ability to move...all of these are wonders which came from the almighty..... And you want to know what the everlasting Fire which is God is?.. Light!...Lasers are light....but this ever burning light is eternal..... The creator is all powerful...all being....all magnificent all the human words I want to use as a description still can't describe God.......You limit yourself to your own thoughts......try to look at the air around you, not the "Things" around you...the air around you....when you can see that you'll see God!..

"Being is not knowing!"
 53yrs • M •
I dont know why you guys are so defensive about being pantheists....?

If your philosophy is simple for you then that's what you apparently want or need. If your god is not logical then I am sure theres a reason why you dont want a logical god. If you worship everything because you believe god created everything, even evil, then I understand why you reject logic and embrace some understandable definition of spirituality. If you believe you are your dog then,,,, ummm... well I dont know what to say.

38yrs • M •
^^hahahaha....I don't worship anything on this earth, and I don't worship God....I know God!...he's my homie/friend/buddy
And I never said God created evil....man did!...Nothing Bad can come from the creator...God just IS, the only thing that comes from the almighty is purity....we're the ones that corrupt thought, action, words, spirit, morality, ourselves... Disagree?.......
Lmao at me being my Dog...hahaha....did I create a dog? so how could I say that I'm my dog?...hahaha.... Using the painting example again....If you paint a picture that picture has your soulful make up....it took your hand, your "emotion", and your know how to make that single painting....Now somebody else could come along and draw that same painting, but it will never be the one YOU did....the original will always be original because it came from YOU...YOU are the painting.. Nobody else can do what YOU do in the moment that YOU do it..........
And no God is not logical, because God is not Knowledge... man seeking after knowledge of Good and evil say that God is knowledge....However God is KNOWING!!....through our experience my creator can be our alternate future but knows the choices we make through OUR actions.......lol......

"Being is not knowing!"
 35yrs • M •
In other words, beneath the outer forms, everything is the same(soul perhaps).

Xiris, no one 'worships' anything. Please answer this question directly so we can move on: is there any harm in loving what God has created?

53yrs • M •
You may not worship anything but you shouldnt speak for others.

"is there any harm in loving what God has created?"

No - no harm UNLESS you are loving something you believe God has created when in truth it is not something he has created. Then there is great harm. And no, everything that exists under the sun has not been created by God.

Now let me ask you something: Does God hate?

38yrs • M •
^^no God does not hate.....and everything under the sun is not created by God??.....<-you did say that you're a christian right?.....

God cannot hate, because hate is the absence of Love... And God is Love!.....the only love no string of any other emotion attached!......

And everything under the sun came from a thought!....man thinks of creating an airplane.....it comes into production.... The thought to create.....is God...the creator!....The thought of materialism...comes from man..!....God is in everything, because everything has soulful material in it...every original "thing" has a soulful attachment to its maker.....and the soul is God, because God is the ever living spirit.....<-you're a christian you should be agreeing with this right?

And again....God Just IS!....I AM THAT I AM!!....Omnipresent... being everywhere at the same time...yet never moving!.... Understand the unknown...that's how you realize what you think you know!

"Being is not knowing!"
 53yrs • M •
"^^no God does not hate.....and everything under the sun is not created by God??.....<-you did say that you're a christian right?..... "

Yes I am a Christian and God did not create everything - God did not create poverty, or AIDS or Nazism, etc.

"God cannot hate, because hate is the absence of Love... And God is Love!.....the only love no string of any other emotion attached!...... "

Hate is not only the absense of love - that is only one possible definition. And yes God does hate - God hates the absense of love - God hates evil. God hates hate. And no there is not a contradiction - just the nature of using the same English word for a different perspective. Greek and Hebrew are much better languages for such philosophical explanations.

35yrs • M •
Saying you love 'ideas' etc as well is a different matter, I wasn't refferring to things like the prices in the new york stock exchange etc! thats different from saying you love everything...I think

38yrs • M •
But is God a philosophical being? or is God a reality?....so therefore anything said about the creator must be a reality right?.....the reality of nothing is in clear view yet you base it on a philosophical approach......why?

"Being is not knowing!"
God's Will - Page 8
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy