Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

God's Will - Page 2

User Thread
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well, it appears you do NOT know Nostradamus predictions.

One, he said THIS very war would last 27 years. He also said millions would die.

He also said eventually America would win, and Russia would be our 'brother'.

He said the war would START in 1999. He was off by a few years, gees, gimme a break, he was born in the 1600's.

Altho, think about it....1999 the Terrorists had already set up shop in several countries to plan attacks....and DESERT FOX was started about this time...so he wasnt completely off the mark, we just think the current war was the beginnings. IT is just NOW we saw the evidences and a stronger retaliation.

ALTHOUGH some creeds have 'prophesied' the second coming thru out the last 100 or so years, doesnt mean they were completely wrong...but just the beginning of observations.

For instance the late 1800's or early 1900's was the beginning of the reign of satan.
Then the second 'Anti Christ' was Hitler...

Altho you are correct to surmise WE THE WORLD, ALL THE PPL are responsible for own sins, and in combo...we have a world of hate and Anti God.
YOU are giving the prime example of disbelief in our world today.

The facts never compel the blinded....because faith is really a GIFT. Either you have it or you do NOT. Pray for it, and it will be given to you.

NOW I already made another post about Revelation.

BUT, if you cannot see how bad it is getting, that is because you refuse to.
ANd one never knows when we could be hit by nuclear weapons, asteroids, natural disasters...etc.

Isnt it more prudent to be prepared than to deny it?

Read on......

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 56yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Patrish is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
Was Nostradamus really specific enough in his description of this antichrist for us to know that Osama bin Laden is meant? YES, he was. I won't claim that he was mentioned by name, although some others will undoubtedly mention Nostradamus' enigmatic anagram "MABUS" and suggest that it is close to the letters in Osama or Usama or Saddam. (The ONLY reference in the quatrains [Q 2:62] merely says that Mabus will die, followed by war and vengeance. Mabus is not referred to as an antichrist. My best guess is that the former U.S. ambassador to Saudi Arabia, Raymond Mabus - who personally knew the bin Laden family - will be involved, and killed, after being reinstated as an ambassador.) Regarding the antichrist, Nostradamus wrote that he would be an Islamic leader that wears a white turban. This antichrist is born in "southern Arabia" (Quatrain 5:55) but would rule from "beyond the Black Sea and Great Tartary" - Afgahnistan, Pakistan - central Asia - (quatrain 5:54)

Very few people ever rule from a different nation than the one they are born in, and no other leader fits Nostradamus' descriptions. He goes on to say that after WWIII is under way, Osama bin Laden is finally killed, but then another vile leader takes charge of the Islamic alliance for most of the war.

Nostradamus gives many details about the upcoming third world war. He describes Osama bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, the overthrow of moderate Islamic governments in nations like Turkey and Pakistan, the nuclear destruction of Rome and other cities, the relocation of the Papacy, and of course, great detail on the timing and the course of World War III.

If you agree that signs like a weakened Russia, growing China, overextended US, hostile Islamic world, collapsing dollar, skyrocketing oil, gold, silver, and inflation could soon lead to WWIII - t

"Life is full of lemons, and the lemonade is sweet."
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that secret07 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You are right in assuming I wasn't speaking of Nostradamus and his predictions. I've never heard of him. I was talking about Biblical predictions, the only one's that I believe. Who was this Nostradamus? If you've talked about it in other posts please feel free to direct me to them.

"life sucks but its better than the alternative"
 38yrs • F •
chilled_v is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
what bollocks.... a well known expert on Nostrodamus, James Randi had this to say...."The legend of Nostradamus, faulty as it is, will survive us all. Not because of its worth, but because of its seductive attraction, the idea that the Prophet of Salon could see into the future will persist. An ever-abundant number of interpreters will pop up to renew the shabby exterior of his image, and that gloss will serve to entice more unwary fans into acceptance of the false predictions that have enthralled millions in the centuries since his death. Shameless rationalizations will be made, ugly facts will be ignored and common sense will continue to be submerged in enthusiasm."

I have never said that I deny the existance of God, I merely deny the existance and workings of a fictionalised one. It is clear that there is or once was a greater power from the world around us, but it amazes me that intelligent people can believe in a fairytale written by influencial church leaders in an attempt to control the masses.. I am, of course, talking about the bible. My problem is that people blatently ignore inconsistency within it and fail to even read the small print (which will tell you which 'version' it is) Hell, King James had one done for him. http://www.channel4.com/culture/microsites/B/believeitornot/bible.htmla >

Patrish, ur a twat. Of course I can see how "bad" the worlds getting, who can't. What, because Im not a happy-slappy-wearing-a-twin-set-baking-cookies-born-again like you, I can't see whats wrong with the world or have no empathy or concience? yeah fuck you too. I take an active part in making the world a better place.. do you? I do charity and aid work for its own sake, for the people and the victims. They are all the reason I need to do it. I don't need to justify being a good person. And I certainly don't need to believe in God to be able to do what I do.

God is the creator, religion is the opium of the people

38yrs • M •
phuckit is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The earth needs natural disasters so it can maintain a stable environment. If this really is just "God's will" then God is a bit of a prick.

"hail satan"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A bit?

Apparently war wasn't a good enough disaster for him. But boy does it make for an american PR opportunity and distraction from the atrocity of our retarded war.

Any God who allows humans to be so susceptable to lies, is a bit of a prick too.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 38yrs • M •
phuckit is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I don't believe in God. I don't think anyone intentionally created the tsunami... shit happens. I'm just saying if God is up there and he is sending tsunamis at us just because it's "his will" then God can go to hell.

"hail satan"
 37yrs • F •
yinluan is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Are wars not by Man? are hatred not by Man?
Yea.. you may say that we are created in God-likeness..
but we SIN..

What's sin? Anger, Envy, Jealously... u name it.
Things we know it is wrong yet we do, not because we want to but because we can't control ourselves.

I think that we have the freedom to choose what we want/do but the consequences we have to face.

Take tsunami's incident for example.. A lot of people around the world are blaming God for it.. but doesn't it shows God's wrath? Doesn't it shows how God is urging us to live our life like there are no tomorrows? Nobody knows what will happens tomorrow, only God cause he is the creator of the Heaven and Earth.

("So fix our eyes no on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal"- 2 Corinthians 4:18)

Tsunami's incident reminds me of Noah's Ark - The flood that is written in the Bible. yeah.. We don't really know what's God's will about this incident..
- restoration?
- letting people know that the World is still in God's control?

but be sure that,
it is for eternal!

("He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away." - Revelations 21:4)

maybe this link might clear your doubts?:
http://www.answersingenesis.org/docs2004/1230tsunami.asp

u may wan to visit my blog: http://silentyin.blogspot.com/

46yrs • M
You contradicted yourself, not uncommon for one going on to quote the bible.

You said we sin because we can't control ourselves, but yet we have the freedom to choose, those don't work well together.

God made sin, god made war, god even instructed people to kill, god made lies, god made envy and jealousy.

Anger envy and jealousy, are emotions, emotions are not actions, if emotions and thoughts are sins then everyone is going to hell, so enjoy your loving god.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 38yrs • M •
Did every man woman and child who died in the tsunami sin and deserve to be killed for that? If not, then God is just punishing random people for humanity in general.

"hail satan"
 37yrs • F •
yinluan is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
mm?? in Genesis.. the world is a perfect world.. but it came to a point when adam and eve ate on the tree of wisdom.. and sin came in.. u need to knw wat sin is..

things we wanna do but we cant cause we didnt think it carefully before reacting..

its right to have emotions and thoughts.. just that.. I notice something.. I accept Christ into my life.. and the lesser I get angry. envy and jealous of others.. I don't know how to explain to ya.. it just kinda like God working in me.

we can make decisions ourselves without getting influence by God or whoever right? anyway, it's no point arguing if u have already set ur mind on certain conclusions.

46yrs • M
yinluan
Hey, as long as you aren't condemning anyone, or putting them down, whatever their belief. Unless they believe in hurting people (IMO), than I think you are ok.

There are a lot of perfectly good reasons why you act and react to "accepting" jesus. Its actually not that big of a mystery.

Something important to understand though, is that if ever you use your own mind in terms of the Bible and its stories, you will find great contradictions, some that go against the very "morals" its said to be promoting.

And if you ever look into the deeper history of the worlds religions and sciences, you will even find that many of the bibles stories are recycled versions of older faiths. The main priciples or "morals" are far older than the bible or even religion.

If this day ever comes for you or any devout believer, I want to personally remind you that its not Jesus or the Bible that are important, but the message, well, the good part of the message anyway.

Don't become arrogant or dependant upon the notion that you have cornered the market on enlightenment. That in itself negates enlightenment.

You can envy and get angry less once you learn to recognize and feel strongly against doing so. It also helps to have someone watching over you, or even to just think they are.

"we can make decisions ourselves without getting influence by God or whoever right?"

No, its not possible, the reason being is because there is no thought in our head that is not influenced by all things.

No one has to try to influence to influence, the very existance of anything and everything influences our bahavior.

Example: someone sleeping on the ground, who's concious being is where ever. Even if he is lying unintentionally in your path, he will influence it. You will then either choose to react, possibly in a certain manner, or be forced to if you trip over him.

The notion of making a decision with no influence from anyone or anything, intentionally or otherwise, is kind of like trying to breathe without air.

Its trying to think and make decisions without any information or purpose.

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Attolia is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
God made sin, god made war, god even instructed people to kill, god made lies, god made envy and jealousy.

Anger envy and jealousy, are emotions, emotions are not actions, if emotions and thoughts are sins then everyone is going to hell, so enjoy your loving god.
You can also say that God made love, friendship, mercy, honesty, beauty, purity etc. There's a balance.

quote:
Did every man woman and child who died in the tsunami sin and deserve to be killed for that? If not, then God is just punishing random people for humanity in general.
What makes you think that God was punishing them? Maybe their death was even a mercy to them. Maybe if they lived, their lives would be miserable, and God didn't want that for His creation. Who knows. We're just guessing.

Is it possible that there is something good that came out of this? Can we overlook the apparent effects and find that some things turned out to be better? For example, (I mentioned this before, but I'll say it again). An earthquake hit Turkey. Thousands of people died. A lot of those deaths could have been avoided had the apartments and houses that people live in where built with materials of quality instead of the cheap materials that were generally used. Now, contractors are forced by the government to built apartments and houses with materials of better quality because people are afraid of living in apartments now. Turkey got hit with several minor earthquakes in later years, but thanks to better constructed homes, fewer people died, and fewer people are in risk of dying because of this one calamity. So maybe fifty thousand people died in the first earthuake, but three hundred thousand were saved in later earthquakes because people learned from their first calamity.

I understand that you may not exactly love God, but could you please respect the belief of those that do? Thanks.

"How can we be just in a world without mercy and merciful in a world without justice?"
 46yrs • M
Tell the thousands of orphans and childless parents that it was good for them.

Feel free to give and remind of love, but do not belittle the loss of others, not without experiencing it yourself.

"I understand that you may not exactly love God, but could you please respect the belief of those that do? Thanks."

Respect how, by not telling you opinions contrary to your own that may make you actually think about what you believe in and why, by not mentioning the negative side of god, are you trying to censor people, or just yourself?

Forgive me for thinking god could possibly come up with a better idea than making people suffer for any reason.

Oh, and the fact that we learn how to avoid death from natural disaster, does not make up for that fact that god caused the disaster in the first place.

Not causing a disaster seems a far better way for people to survive one.

46yrs • M
"and especially Americans to feel some humanitarianism towards humans in general, and make it their personal responsibility to aid those that suffer."

Ha, we could probably feed and house and medicate every victim and even all Iraqis with the cost of the war and or a portion of our military budget.

Don't expect genuine humanity from anyone actually holding government purse strings. Sure, the citizens will, have, and do give money they don't even have.

America seems to be the worlds greatest natural disaster to me at this point.

As long as I know my soldiers are killing, thieving from and raping innocents, and my government is even killing our soldiers and not properly caring for anyone after the fact, then there is no such thing as American humanitarianism, just good ol american hypocricy.

God's Will - Page 2
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy