I bow down to God Who I've never seen just like peace that I fight for which no one believes in. - Fatima Shahzad
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

EVOLUTION - Page 15

User Thread
 62yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that manbible is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Quote: "So yes I beleive you should follow the first and not select which suits you"

Ah, no Theory, one should follow the truth. You offer know logical bases for your reasoning. One could just as easily say, "Why wouldn't God feel the need to guide?" After all, judging from our history we need it. You should just call yourself a naturalist. From what I can tell you have just substituted the word 'God' for 'nature.'

If you do believe there is a difference between God and nature, could you explain the distinctions between the two?

"To love oneself is to love others."
 28yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheHollowMen275 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm an evolutionist, as there are many examples of variation and natural/unnatural selection in our lives, for example the selective breeding of dos, cats and horses, among many other fauna and flora. In doing this we are moulding the animals genetics and giving it desired characteristics, an example of evolution.

"All the world's a stage. And all the men and women are merely players."
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Evolution a tool of creationists?

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 36yrs • M •
augie is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
How does a human know that a god didnt create us? in case you didnt know thats a sarcastic question. i am getting insanely bored of asking religious fanatics for proof of a higher being, and getting the answer "hes all around you! just open yourself to his love!". no. they just seem to molest children and push there views on the sensible people of the world. did you know that Albert Einstein was atheist? he didnt bother with the petty non sense that is-religion. . sorry if im comin off as ofensive. but i am so tired of hearing gasps when i say im atheist since im 14 yers old

36yrs • M •
augie is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.

36yrs • M •
i felt as if that was needed to express all of my emottions when i hear some1 say they are christian

36yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Theory is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Quote----Ah, no Theory, one should follow the truth.

And how would one select the truth? There are to many religions to select from, do you listen to your parents teachings and follow your ancestors rout or use your brain to decide the truth which is impossible as all religions are as of yet not prooven true or false.

Quote--"Why wouldn't God feel the need to guide?" After all, judging from our history we need it.

This statement from a Christian is very stupid, as your bible claims "God is all knowing" then he knows of the out come of every possibility through out history ever since the creation of the first living animal....so why would a god create a wrong path in order to be the hero and guide man kind back To the correct one "sound like you god is full of
himself".
Personaly I feel this is where man has got "God" wrong. As my god has no human qualitys no human restraints. It's far more than just nature it's all reality. God is mearly a word we use to describe the unkown.

Why do so many Christians beleive humans where created as a higher race? If anything this is what will condem you all to hell as all christians are so arragantly mislead into beleiving they where created to the likness of god and to stand above all living creatures.... Your god will be displeased.

Augie--- Im an atheist with a twisted veiw.
You see there is no god in the way scriptures crave... Nor is there a heaven (perhaps an alternative dimention in which to reside). In my eyes God is just reality. It is not an ogranic being nor does it have a consious in the way humans would perseive it but it is the creater has been and always will be. It's the creations creater I'm much more intrested in :)

"We breathe natures breath until we are tired and layed to rest..."
 46yrs • M
Actually Einstein criticized athiests. He believed in a god, just not a dogmatically defined god.

What's equally tiresome, is people making conclusions where they know damn well they do not know.

Its one thing to ask, another to say you do not know, to claim it true based on a personal experience is yet another, but to claim it false simply due to arrogance, attempted intellectualism, distaste, and lack of any knowledge or experience is both childish and anything but logical.

If things didn't exist due to your inability to conceive of them, there would be no mystery or fun in life.

Try being a parent, you will see more sense in why a god may act as an observer letting you make your mistakes in order to learn and grow.

Am I making a claim? Nope, just a likely probability.

Atheism is retarded. To make a claim of something you know you don't know is beyond rediculous. At least admit you are agnostic and simply don't know.

Theory, don't get caught up in the fallibility of man's words. You instinctively and intellectually react to things that do indeed deserve questioning, but your only making the same mistake when you throw the baby out with the bath water.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 62yrs • M
Quote:
====================================
And how would one select the truth?
===================================

Discernment, Theory. See the "indoctrination" thread I started. That would be a start but we can't leave out the fact that the truth has a way of resonating as well, if those inquiring free themselves of predispositions that is.

http://www.captaincynic.com/thread/91074/indoctrination.htm

Quote:
================================================
This statement from a Christian is very stupid, as your bible claims "God is all knowing" then he knows of the out come of every possibility through out history ever since the creation of the first living animal....so why would a god create a wrong path in order to be the hero and guide man kind back To the correct one "sound like you god is full of himself".

Why do so many Christians beleive humans where created as a higher race? If anything this is what will condem you all to hell as all christians are so arragantly mislead into beleiving they where created to the likness of god and to stand above all living creatures.... Your god will be displeased.
=============================================

You obviously can not conceive of a god who is sovereign in every way. As I said before, You limit God to your imagination. That is to say your limited concept of God, not that you actually limit God. That is why God set the perimeters the way he did you know. So we can act freely according to our desires to see truth or not. If we see truth it is because we are desirous of righteousness and if we are blind to truth it is because of self righteousness. And are too proud to be humbled by the notion God would create us in his likeness.

62yrs • M
Quote"

"How does a human know that a god didnt create us? in case you didnt know thats a sarcastic question. i am getting insanely bored of asking religious fanatics for proof of a higher being, "

augie,

Once faith is proven it's no longer faith. You might be better off trying to prove your faith is correct. That faith being there is no God. Careful though, the world is full of former atheists turned believers once they embarked on such a journey!

36yrs • M
quote---If you do believe there is a difference between God and nature, could you explain the distinctions between the two

god is reality, nature is simply the means to create. Nature is part of realty, we are part of nature, we are part of god, we created ourselfs to experience ourselfs.

But manbible you are right I do limit god to my imagination as I'm sure all humans do as we are all traped by the restraints of our minds. Atleast I attempt to challenge the notion of god and attempt to breifly contemplate the astranomical size and beauty of this universe and come to an understanding. rather than listening to writtings of ancient primitive humans explination of what they pondered what god was.

It's simple there is a god just not in the way our ancestors have immagined. Perhaps it is you without the imagination to explain god so you search for a description through words beacuse as you state you only read the truth but the truth is that words can't describe the truth.

46yrs • M
Theory,

You are correct that words do fail to describe, what you are missing is that all humans past and present are capable of tapping into divine truth.

We aren't as trapped by the restraints of our minds as you think. Your dreams are evidence of this. Altered states of consciousness are gateways to realms beyond such limitations. This is where you will find new answers and perspectives.

62yrs • M
Theory,

Yes, we all are restricted to what we are able to comprehend/understand. But what I mean by saying you limit God with your imagination is that you further restrict your understanding by refusing to contemplate other possibilities. You have provided for yourself a narrow view of God who is subject to the limits of what you imagine God is.

You're right as well in expressing the point human words can not do God justice. But what you are forgetting is the fact that words are our primary way of communicating information. And the way we as a species grow is by communicating with each other, both past and present. As Ironwood alluded to in his response. We all have the ability to seek out truth by means of acquiring knowledge that has been past on from generation to generation and comparing that with what we can establish ourselves as factual truths today. And the experiences described in the past, in the pages of the Bible are confirmed daily by people having those same experiences. I'm talking about divine intervention coming to those who actively seek the truth with an open mind.

36yrs • M
I agree with most of your points but I still don't understand how anybody with any sence could follow scripture. As it's been translated thousands of times and revamped, modified twisted by the aragence of the church. This has happened so much how many sub catergry churches have sprouted since the first? All with different "truths".

Scripture is like a game of Chinese whispers

62yrs • M
"Scripture is like a game of Chinese whispers"

Unless you use your ability to discern.

EVOLUTION - Page 15
  8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15    16  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy