Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

EVOLUTION - Page 8

User Thread
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that secret07 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
godsservant, im curious as to exactly what you believe. are you a Christian, and if so, how do u define Christianity?

"life sucks but its better than the alternative"
 39yrs • M •
GodsServant is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
secret07,

That is alittle to hard of a question, for it is to broad to receive a true and complete answer.

Narrow it down for me alittle please. Thanks

Anyone ever seen a UFO before?

GOD BLESS

"GOD BLESS"
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that secret07 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
aright, do u believe that Jesus is the only way to salvation. do u believe the Bible, all of it?

"life sucks but its better than the alternative"
 39yrs • M •
GodsServant is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
secret07,

Yes i believe the Bible and that by Jesus, we have Salvation.

Anyways, the Bible speaks in parables. I truly believe that aliens are Angels. They corrupted man from the beginning and I do believe in this End Time they are coming back to corrupt us again. I believe this is the strong delusion the Bible speaks about.

GOD BLESS

"GOD BLESS"
 39yrs • M •
THE REASON ALIENS(ANGELS) ARE RELATED TO JESUS BIRTH

Do you all remember the Star the 3 kings followed to Jesus birth place?
Well could this star actually be a UFO?

Fire, light and other means of explanation has been used in the Bible. Even the burning bush for instance. Could all these instances be UFO's?

Its my belief during those times people explained things to the best of their knowledge and being they were not as technologically advanced, they came up with the only thing they knew of to explain what they saw.

I believe UFO's are truly Angelic. All are not of the Same category of course. There are the Fallen Angels who followed Satan, and also Godly Angels which followed God himself.

They (fallen Angels) will come in the End Time and fool many people of all Religions and backgrounds. So it would be very wise to pay closer attention to the warnings in the Bible for it tells us that there will be Signs and Wonderings in the End Times.

EXPLANATION OF DEMONS

It is my belief that Demons were first known about after the Great Flood of the Bible. If you all remember the Nephilim(Giants) which were ungodly and were very different from the normal Human Being. They were large in stature and had 6 fingers, 6 toes on each hand/foot.

They were destroyed by the flood and Noah was the only one saved. The reason he was saved was because God found grace on Him and his family. The reason God found grace on them was because Noahs family were the only ones left who were not tainted with Fallen Angel Seed. They were the only pure Humans left on Earth.

Therefore, once the Nephilim(Giants) were destroyed they were punished. Their punishment was that they would never have a Body. This explains Demons of this Day. This also explains reincarnation.

Reincarnation would be these Demons who posess people and of course they would have memory of past Lives because they have been around since the Great Flood.

GOD BLESS

"GOD BLESS"
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
*giggle* *snort* *cough*

Excuse me.

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
to godservant

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
It is my belief that Demons were first known about after the Great Flood of the Bible.
Hmm . . I thought the fallen angels (demons) were kicked out of heaven and fell (descended) to earth to begin with according to scripture?
quote:
Reincarnation would be these Demons who posess people
Ddin't Jesus coming near some caves approached by a man (having demons) then casting out the demons allowed them to enter into a herd of swine. Then having entered the swine, did not they trow themselves off a cliff (or something) that they ( the pigs) did not share the body with the demons & they (the demons) did not want to inhabit life as a pig?
That having been released from their physical form,
they were able to re-enter the circle of life

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 37yrs • M •
SpikeandVash is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
I haven't read all of these posts on this topic but i want to say this:
As we all know the Bible says God created the world in a week. In addition, he didn't create everything at once, he creted things over time. Also, the people who wrote the Bible were inspired by God to writewhat they did. This means they interpruted what God showed them. Anyways to my point, how long is a day for God. God is eternal his idea of a day may be 65 million years. (pulled that number out of my arse) So what God told the writers may be in fact true from his pint of view, but the small changes evolution relies upon may have actually been done by God because he saw that it would be "better." Anyways this is just a thought please don't be offended by the fact that i combined the two theories into my own.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Godservant has an interesting theory - can't say I buy all of it.

But angles. The bible talks about angles all the time. When you met an angle, you knew it. And when you met one, you told somebody and they wouldn't question you, because, its like, this thing happens all the time. Recently however, I've never met an angel, haven't met anyone who has met an angel, and you just don't hear about it in the news. Have angles stopped visiting our earth? Well now, there are TV shows that depict angels as normal people, and if you met one, you wouldn't know it. But that's not the way the bible tells it. If you met an angel, you knew it.

So angels stopped visiting the earth. But today, UFOs visit. I think I saw, and a lot of people will tell you this. You hear about it all the time. As a matter of fact, I have a news flash from Fox news (you know if they say it happened - well, you know). It is possible t hat angels could be UFOs.

quote:
They (fallen Angels) will come in the End Time and fool many people of all Religions and backgrounds. So it would be very wise to pay closer attention to the warnings in the Bible for it tells us that there will be Signs and Wonderings in the End Times.

I have wondered about this myself. There is a story about a psychiatrist who took a depressed couple through hypnoses to treat their depression and discovered that they were both abducted by aliens.

Nothing knew about that, you hear about that all the time. You wonder if it's true or not. Now - here's the weird part. The psychiatrist was so upset about what he learned that he killed himself. He wrote a very short suicide note saying he could not live with himself with the knowledge he gained from (he named the couple). That was that - the couple was never told of what he learned.

It takes a great deal of education to become a psychiatrist. So it made me wonder - what did he find out?

None of this however has anything to do with Evolution. While I believe the evolution theory has merit, I don't believe it is the whole truth about us, and I am disturbed that it is taught as though it is. I believe that God initially created everything, either directly or indirectly, and this God may have used evolution to do that, but we don't know that for fact, it's just a theory. The book of Genesis is a very interesting book, not to be discredited. The story of how we discovered our nakedness and were ashamed is interesting. No other animal on this earth thinks that they are naked and is ashamed of it, just the human animal. Why? I think that to discern the riddles contained in Genesis can fill many books and make one very wise.

I've come across this theory of involution. Where as we were spirits who chose the ape species and encouraged the ape to evolve into Homo sapiens so that we could posses the animal and live a physical life on earth. This process took thousands of years. It sounds crazy, but I'm holding my judgement until I study it. And ofcourse, if you read through my past posts, you'll see that I believed we were created by aliens. Anything is possible, because we really don't know.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
In my views, there is enough fossil evidence to suggest evolutionary theory to be correct. Just within the past few generations, obvious differences are apparent in the human animal en whole, such as height, smaller jawbones, etc.

I suggest, and have locally, that evolution be taught as theory, and that at least some mention is made of the creations theories of the major religions in the US, including some of the many found among the original inhabitants of this continent.

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 41yrs • M •
rexwriter is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Ah, the good old evolution debate. Here's my position in a nutshell.
1. Evolution as a force of nature is an established scientific fact.
2. Evolution by natural selection, whereby one species has the potential to change into a new species, is a scientific theory grounded in empirical evidence, so there is no need to "believe" it is true unless the existance of an emperical material world is a matter of belief.
3. Evolution is a theory. So is gravity. So is plate tectonics. Theories may change or have more added on to them, but they are the cornerstones of all modern science. Throw out evolution, and you have to recreate most of the biological sciences from the ground up.
4. Evolution does NOT say that humans evolved from apes. It says that humans and apes share a common biological ancestor, and that the human species diverged from the evolutionary line which would one day produce apes around 100,000 years ago.
5. Forms of creationism - whether they espouse that God created humans or aliens created humans - cannot be taught as science in classrooms because neither of these is a valid scientific hypothesis. To be real science, a hypothesis must be disprovable. Science cannot prove or disprove the existance of God, therefore there is no way to test the validity of the statement, "Humans were created by God." Therefore, teaching such a position in a science classroom of a public school would not be teaching science. The same goes for extraterrestrial creation.
6. That being said, the science of probability, as well as what we know about the pattern of biological diversity on THIS planet, both suggest that it is more likely that intelligent extraterrestrial life exists. We already have conclusive evidence of extraterrestrial life in general - fossilized microbes from Mars.
So, from a spiritual standpoint, I believe humanity was given consciousness by God, but that God works through the forces of nature as described by science. So, in a sense, we were "created" human by God, even if our physical forms are the result of evolution.

64yrs • M •
I know there are those who fight anyone who would dare say that evolution is not a fact, when in fact it is only a theory. I don't understand why a theory requires such great defense. Unless if you believe the theory of evolution proves there is no god, which even more confuses me.

I will agree that creationism does not belong in the science class. I myself would put it in the religious class - but we don't have one - so I would then put it in philosophy - but we don't have that either. Not until maybe you get into college. It's too bad. But - no - it should not be science. Though religion and science are both bright colors, they are different colors, should we try to make them the same, we will not see them clearly.

59yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheIrishPagan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Is anyone else familiar with the 'Seven Eves' Theory?

"Oops, it appears I have run over your dogma with my karma."
 64yrs • M •
No but I looked it up - something about genetic issues.

EVOLUTION - Page 8
  4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy