Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

EVOLUTION - Page 7

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Life is very complicated. When accidents happen, complicated things are not created. There is an intelegence at play making complicated things, not accidents.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 37yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angelfire is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Well that's true. However life as an accident is possible for two reasons :
- early life was relatively simple
- if you have enough accidents, eventually something complicated happens (and we have billions of planets worth of accidents)

But if even life couldn't be an accident, what made this intelligence? Is it not a form of life?

"Durch Nacht und Blut das Licht"
 64yrs • M •
There goes the theory that time itself is a creation. There are so many lives. Except for the nature of mankind. Each life sustains the other in a balance that sustains life on this earth. Have all accidents of all lives led to this balance? You can believe it was an accident, but I believe that's not logical.

Going out on a limb here: Maybe God, the one life was created by accident who in turn created all else. But I doubt it. I think the truth is - We don't know - We have no idea. It is way above us. Because we can't understand or can't explain it, we say it isn't so. Kinda Narrow minded I think. I admit I don't know and will not blame it on an accident.

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
subject transfered from

http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/frmid=17-u-thrdid=26269-u-page=7

quote:
This illustrates how through a change of environment (change of tree colour), a characteristic (moth colour) can become negative or positive. The positive trait (in this case black colour) replaces the negative trait over time. The net effect is a modification of the genes of a population.
Oh, yes you are clear in your statements, interesting to note I had a similar thoughts?
Chameleons change color to camoflage themselves but what activates & deactivates these changes to blend into the surrounding colors?
Looking at the photo of the hummingbird moth, it appeared as being larger than the bird, itself. More like someone had taken a piece of wood (plastic) comforming to the general (size) proportions & imprinted (painted) a hummingbird upon, like a piece added to a floral arrangement.
One might accept (expect) that genetic similarities to reproduce in different species, the genetic introduction of an vivid image to be reproduced in the hairs(?) on the moth to the feathers of a bird certainly leaves the chances extremely remote. Which begs the question of some outside infleunce or action in it's creation ?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 37yrs • M •
" I admit I don't know and will not blame it on an accident."
Its not blaming, we're just saying that, given the information we have on genetics, mutations and evolution it is 'probable'. That doesn't mean we need to believe that.

72yrs • M •
http://www.captaincynic.com/thread.php3/frmid=17-u-thrdid=26269-u-page=7
#26782[/url
]
quote:
That is something different, the chameleon does not change his genes to change colour. The moths can only change colour through multiple generations, because it is genetic.
Sorry I know that these statements were confusing, chameleon changing colour is a genetic trait of chameleons, not change in genes. I agree, the point was the parallels in thoughts. The subject of moths related to my experience & I gave a breif statement of line of thinking related to it , not so much the thread.
The parallel is that many times nature has mimmics the traits or environment of one species to give protection a cohabiting species. The focus of chameleons change was to show that to my knowledge science hasn't unravelled the mystery, yet we know that the chameleon does change colour.
The focus of the hummingbird moth is that the developement of genetic traits between similar species would be indicative of genetic similarity but a bird and a insect are not so genetically similar (?) which would indicate a different aspect.
The bdoy of the moth resembles a hummingbird imprinted upon it, like a T-shirt?
quote:
I'll compare Native Americans, Blacks and Whites. Blacks are more resistant to sunlight, white are not. Why is this? Because whites lived in Europe, where its colder and cloudier then Africa. Thus, there is less sun, and the sunlight resistance becomes less useful. Hence we whites are less resistant to sun.
The differences in the colour of races is pigments in the skin. Blacks don't have these pigments which seems to be related to available sunlight intensity relative to atmospheric absorbtion of ultraviolet llight.

64yrs • M •
quote:
evolution it is 'probable

Yes it is. I will not agree that it is the catch all for every species on this earth evolving from one single cell. But I will agree that evolution happened, happens and will happen. What caused evolution. It happened by accident or ________________.

If it happened, happens or will happen. It will all be in accordance with a plan put in force by an intelegance (God).

37yrs • M •
"The differences in the colour of races is pigments in the skin. Blacks don't have these pigments which seems to be related to available sunlight intensity relative to atmospheric absorbtion of ultraviolet llight."
I know, evolution answers an interesting question : "Why are whites, white?".
Because pigments absorbing light are of far less use in Europe.

64yrs • M •
I never could understand that pigment thing. If you are black, the sun will make you hotter. Where as if you were white, your skin would reflect the heat of the sun. If you wanted your house to stay cool you would use white shingles on your roof, if you wanted your house to stay warm, you would use black shingles.

It is simply the color of a chemacle that reflects ultra violet rays. But wouldn't it be better if it was white rather than black. Living in a black community however, I have noticed that blacks can tolarate heat far better than cold, so it obviously works.

37yrs • M •
I honestly dunno why it works.

34yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that Ana Rpo is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
You:

And I:

"In the sea of ilutions and frustations that life is, some swim and some drown"
 72yrs • M •
pigments seem to develope to filter ultraviolet radition, fair skinned people seem to be indigenous to higher altitudes.
We had an albino horse in Montana, we painted the area around his eyes with boot black to keep him from becoming blind. It seemed to help?

39yrs • M •
GodsServant is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Evolution is totally wrong!
Its a false theory that will never be proven.

I suggest looking into the Bible for explanation. Maybe even into Aliens which are actually Angels.[/b][b]

"GOD BLESS"
 37yrs • M •
Shall we burn the heathens while we're at it?

46yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Ironwood is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Thanks for clearing all that up godsservant, I wasn't sure there for a minute.

"The Greatest Enemy of Knowledge is Not Ignorance, It is the ILLUSION of Knowledge. Stephen Hawking"
EVOLUTION - Page 7
  3    4    5    6    7    8    9    10    11  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy