Sometimes I wonder if I am just a twisted figment of my friends overactive imaginations. - Cheriss
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

EVOLUTION - Page 9

User Thread
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that eliasan is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The funny thing here that religons are also theroys. Most of the "God" faring religons have only really been told to us through books. As you should know books can lie, i.e. science fiction, of course that could still happen in our universe and us not know about it but thats another explanation. Anyway everything in gerneral is a theroy. I belive that evolution works. Why becouse humans have evolved to use the powers of the mind now, psionics and stuff.
And one other thing, anything is possible, nothing is imposible only imbrobalble (yeah i spelled it wrong). So we don't really need a catylst to jump start a universe. I myself are a statistical improbility becouse my life is completlly oppostie that of this universe. So i say that all those religons out there shut up and stop bashin us when we have just the same right to belive in what we belive in as you i.e. 1rst US amendment and if you don't live in the Us then ignore that last statment unless your country has something simlar to it. May the universe take care of us all.

"Fear nothing for fear is the mind killer."
 42yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Rajpal is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Human evolution i believe is one of the most in-conclusive and in-consistant theories deveoped. The shere fact that humans could evolve so quickly within 1-2 million years is crazy. The brain is the most complex and therefor most slow evolving organ, how could humans double their brain size within 1.5 millions years where whales took 20 million years to do just that. Many ancient philosophies believe that humans like ourselves have been around far longer than current theories suggest, and that our civilisations have evolved in several cycles.
Anthropological research indicates that humans like ourselve in every way (brain capacity) appeared around 100000 years ago yet tradional archeological theories suggest that humaan civilisation is no more than 7000-8000 years old - SO WHAT THE HELL WERE WE DOING FOR 92000 YEARS AND DONT TELL ME WE WERE SIMPLY SURVIVING THE ICE AGE BECAUSE THATS THE MOST PATHETIC EXCUSE IVE EVER HEARD!

"If you know the candle is fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago"
 42yrs • M •
Human evolution i believe is one of the most in-conclusive and in-consistant theories deveoped. The shere fact that humans could evolve so quickly within 1-2 million years is crazy. The brain is the most complex and therefor most slow evolving organ, how could humans double their brain size within 1.5 millions years where whales took 20 million years to do just that. Many ancient philosophies believe that humans like ourselves have been around far longer than current theories suggest, and that our civilisations have evolved in several cycles.
Anthropological research indicates that humans like ourselve in every way (brain capacity) appeared around 100000 years ago yet tradional archeological theories suggest that humaan civilisation is no more than 7000-8000 years old - SO WHAT THE HELL WERE WE DOING FOR 92000 YEARS AND DONT TELL ME WE WERE SIMPLY SURVIVING THE ICE AGE BECAUSE THATS THE MOST PATHETIC EXCUSE IVE EVER HEARD!

35yrs • M •
You do know you double posted right.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The theory of evolution does have holes in it, especially when it comes to humans. But I think its a good theory. But there is a mystery of creation that science refuses to face, I think that's too bad. That's not true of all scientists though, but unfortunately most science minded?

I think evolution is too simple of an answer to something far more complicating.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 42yrs • M •
hey eliasan, i actually wasnt sure where to put this article and so must have double posted in the frustrated process of searching, how embaresssing! I only just saw it today!

35yrs • M •
ok, just wanted to check since that does happan sometimes.

42yrs • M •
I know this may sound crazy, but what if humans could some day evolve to a point where we no longer require our physical bodies and become pure energy, what we would become if this was to happen would be highly debatable. Perhaps the ultimate limit of cellular evolution is the conversion of matter into pure energy a kind of primevail return to the way it was when the big bang occured (when matter was created out of energy)! if the universe doesnt go on expanding for ever and there is a so called big crunch then perhaps the matter in the universe will re intergrate into energy.

35yrs • M •
that would be AWSOME, i mean who wouldn't want to be made out of energy and to be able to do anything.

42yrs • M •
This idea has been suggested in various science fictions programs, if anyone is familiar with STARGATE SG1, it speaks of a race of humans that evolved on earth millions of years ago called the "ANCIENTS" who built the stargate network, they eventually assended to a higher plane of existance becoming energy!

36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that AquarianStar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I believe in evolution but I think God created evolution. Because evolution is a logical theory and if you look at the evidence it does seem to suggest that we developed from something, which developed from something, which developed from something, which developed from something. God probably did create, but not instantly, through time things developed and evolved to be what they are. Like the bible said "God made the oceans, God made light, God made darkness, God made plants, God made animals, God made man and woman." In the bible they make it sound like God created these things with a snap of the finger but dont you think it took millions of years to create these things? So I think God created evolution. Like if God wanted to make an animal, it doesn't make sense that an animal just appeared out of God's will, to me it makes sense that God had the intention to create an animal, and he began with one microorganism, which grew and developed, then grew and developed, then grew and developed, and through out the thousands of millions of years it finally became an animal. You know what I mean? So basically I think that God created evolution. I believe that God created everything around us but things take time in the earthly realm to materialize so God probably had intentions of what to create and so he had a process to allow things to become as they are. We are probably still evolving now. I have a friend who thinks over the years toes will become eliminated because there will be no need for them thanks to tennis shoes.

"Dare to Dream"
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
tell your friend that toes have utilitve purposes like balance so it will be long time before they disappear from our structure.
quote:
it speaks of a race of humans that evolved on earth millions of years ago called the "ANCIENTS
Oh, must have missed that part 'originated on earth'

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 36yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that AquarianStar is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
lol, okay, i shall.

"Dare to Dream"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
(not that I'm right and everyone else is wrong - just my theory)

I can believe in Evolution when it comes to other animals, but the Human Being Animal. Just doesn't fit, we're just not apart of the natural process. There is nothing on earth that would have created a human being cabable of landing on the moon and creating enough atomic energy to destroy the earth. We are not natural. If so, why us, why not the birds or the fish who have been around longer than us, or even the insects?

What that means is anybodies guess.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think there is something to this evolution theory. Afterall, arenot new species evolving especially if you consider that microorganisms live? So we see GOD still is creating life as species adapt change to new forms? After all The I AM of Jewish traditions is the same in all the tense forms, even some tenses that are not in the English language?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
EVOLUTION - Page 9
  5    6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy