Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

EVOLUTION - Page 10

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So what you're saying is God choose us to evolve - okay.

But I still think they're is more. I'm going to find that Edgar Cayce theory of involution and study it.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 45yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Praetor is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Being a Christian I'm biased in saying that I believe God created Man. One main argument is something I learned in Ninth grade Biology, there is no way to get DNA (the thread of life) without first having DNA. The only way there could have been DNA in the first place is if some greater being put it there, therefore, in my opinion, proving the Evolution theory false.

"What's the point in not conforming, if it changes you?"
[  Edited by Praetor at   ]
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Websters New World Dictionary of Science.
Evolution ascribes by Darwin => natural selection acting on radomly occuring variations (now known to be produced by spontaneous changes or => mutations of the genetic material of organisms)
Organic evolutiontraces the developement of simple unicellular forms to more complex forms, ultitimately to flowering plants and vertabraes animals including man.

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Forbidden Psalm is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"EVOLUTION"
crap

"" I CAME, I SAW, I CONQUERED""
 72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If you don't believe in evolution consider mutation . . . I wonder if man continues to polute the world with mercury compounds then man would adapt or would he become like autistic children & no longer represent the highest life form?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Mutation - there might be something to that.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Apparently for 1 enzyme to be formed by random chance the odds are

10 to the power 40000

And there are only estimated to be

10 to the power 80 atoms in the known universe.

Is this lucky or what?

I think on the balance of probability it is inconceivable for human life to occur by accident!

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i think evolution does exist, but that it was probably started by god. the chances that it was accidental are too high. once you have got past the basics of things beginning from just the right concoction of atoms, evolution makes sense. over a certain amount of time animals would change due to their surroundings. if a plant has a high canopy, the taller animals survive, because they can get more of the food, so their genes continue. if one animal has a higher heat tolerance than another, it is more likely to survive in the desert, therfore its genes continue. it is only the beginning of the evolutionary idea that is hard to swallow.

i think that kinda bursts the bubble of praetors theory there. he didnt prove evolution false, he just proved he couldnt think of the two ideas in the same context.

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 37yrs • M •
Tonloc is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Evolution, The Big Bang Theory, Survival of the Fittest. All these subjects are completely ridiculous. First of all, how can any logical thinking person believe we evolved from apes? And even if that was to be true(which it isn't), where did the apes come from? Where did what made the apes come from? You have to keep drawing it back. Life didn't just exist out of nothing. Life began simply by intelligent design, hence GOD. Second, this Big Bang Theory crap. How are supposed to believe matter just came from nowhere and cause a huge explostion and over many, many years life was created. When something explodes, it goes all over the place. Why should should we believe that by some extreme twisted luck or coincidence we just happend to orbit perfectly to live life. If we exploded to close to the sun, we'd burn to death. If we exploded too far from the sun, we'd freeze to death. If any of the planets in the solar system were slightly off orbit, the whole solar system would collapse, sending us who knows where. What did what made the matter that caused the explosion come from? Again, you have to keep drawing it back. It didn't just come from nowhere. Then there's this survival of the fittest business. This theory was coined by Charles Darwin. What most people don't know is there documented evidence out there that proves Charles Darwin was a racist. He believed in white men wiping out the black race. He thought of black men as savages and having minds identical to an 11 year old white child. In his mind, black people were not fit to walk the Earth with more elitest white people. The whole evolutionary theory is screwed to the bare bone.

34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
hmm i didn't really take the time to read through 10 pages of posts but i caught the drift of this conversation... And the idea of aliens "creating us" was always a thought of mine as well, like what if mars was once habitable with life[aliens] and they needed once last chance to keep their race alive.. seeing earth was looking promising for life to grow... They had tried to pass on their genetic code as best as they could through chimps and everything started building off that.... i know this sounds really sci-fi but the more i think about it, somethings just seem to fall into place..

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Note the difference between faith and ignorance.
Time you really dont understand: not even the greatest of minds really understood or understand it. Anyway here's a snippet of the Lion King...it's a good little film

Circle of Life

From the day we arrive on the planet
And blinking, step into the sun
There's more to see than can ever be seen
More to do than can ever be done
There's far too much to take in here
More to find than can ever be found
But the sun rolling high
Through the sapphire sky
Keeps great and small on the endless round

It's the Circle of Life
And it moves us all
Through despair and hope
Through faith and love
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding
In the Circle
The Circle of Life

It's the Circle of Life
And it moves us all
Through despair and hope
Through faith and love
Till we find our place
On the path unwinding
In the Circle
The Circle of Life

""No words""
 34yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that MugenNoKarayami is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I just had a little thought which prolly means nothingbut, maybe we're just like these 'aliens' we talk about so much and we dont really know it. It's like when someone gets into a fatal car crash they have to start all over and learn how to do things and get back up to speed where they once where.. sometimes they don't ever get back where they originally where.. maybe that's what the 'human' race is doing right now, just trying to get back up to speed to what we once were...

Maybe some of this explains the still untapped power and potential of the mind and body?

"I'm a human being, God Dammit!! My life has value!!!"
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
the aliens idea is possible. but tonloc think about what you have said for ten seconds, and possibly actually read what some of us have said. i said evolution an the big bang were gods method of creation, instead of the idealised version that occurs in genesis. that version was written by a jewish scholar before they knew the earth was round not flat (unless you're one of the strange little cult that to this day believe someones going to fall off the edge soon). you dont agree with a jew on a lot of religious issues, why are you so sure about this one? what is wrong with the idea of evolution or the big bang being gods way of doing things, they are as good as any other. and as for darwin being a racist, that is what is known as an "ad hominem" attack, it means an irrelevant personal attack in an attempt to discredit the authors arguement. i dont agree with racism, but it was quite a widely held view at the time darwin lived.
the idea of evolution stands to reason, for example, why are there no human remains older than a certain age, yet a line of remains which go from apes to humans? or arent they real? or is that the point at which adam and eve came out of the garden of eden? i think that genesis is a story, like the ones jesus told, it is a parable, it tells that the devil tempted humanity, which it did, and it gives an example of sins (cain and able). it is like every other religious story about how the world started, completely untrue, but quite a good read, and has a few morals thrown in. that may sound a bit blasphemous, but its my opinion.

as for the whole thing being coincidence, i think its a mathematical possibility. how many stars do you see at night? and then think there are ones you cant see, cos they are too far away, or on the other side of the planet, if each of those has 9 planets, i think the probablity of life happening by coincidence on one of them, is less than the number of planets, even to the extent that i think it may have happened on more than one.

but i feel that religion and science are linked, the bible tells us what god did, the bible tells us how he did it. the arguement for their being a creator ive heard, is that if you see a beatiful house or watch, you know someone designed it, now look at the universe, you know someone must have designed it, and that someone is god. ill go back to the house idea, the universe is a house, the bible is the thing you get from the estate agents, which tells you all the pretty details, like number of rooms and whether or not you get an en suite. science is like the blue print, it tells you what proportions things need to be, and how many bricks and tiles you'll need to make it, as well as the supports that need to be in place, that no one will see (gravity, etc)

anyone see what im getting at, or do you all just think im talking bull here?

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 31yrs • F •
aubree18 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Evolution is just a theory of course. and said when darwin was on his death bed that he confessed that evolution was all a hoax taken to far. but not only that but the fact that if the theory of evolution was real humans would be having monkey babies. and if God wasnt real how do you explain this earth. and with that comes the big bang theory, but how would everything that is in this world just form. the human body and the human mind is to intillectually advanced for it to just happen. but no matter what anyone says. NO ONE KNOWS FOR SURE. well all find out one day. so till then keep questioning. because at the end of the day all that you have is your faith and what you beleive in and thats what keeps each and everyone of us individuals getting up in the moring. what ever your beleifs might be.

28yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that TheHollowMen275 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I personally am an evolutionist, and you only have to look at the world around you to see variation, including more primitive species e.g; Darwin observing different finches on the Galapagos Islands which were adapted for their ecosystem. I think it quite naive to presume that everything is made in an instant, without causality.

"All the world's a stage. And all the men and women are merely players."
EVOLUTION - Page 10
  6    7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy