Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

If there's a god, why is there evil? - Page 15

User Thread
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Its old but the best. Look into the sky. There are stars but more darkness. The stars make pretty patterns and they stand out because they are less numerous. The darkness is everywhere and dull. But in that darkness things are still happening. Invisible forces...what about gravity for instance?

You can look for whatever you want. People are different there are different things. As long as there is difference there will always be a north and a south; dark and bright; you could see more evil or less good; more good or less evil. Whatever. That is what. Now answer the question why and you are more than human...or less than human!

""No words""
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
i admitted to not knowing the answer, like i said, i dont understand the way god works.

but why is free will so important? why is the existence of pain and free will better than no free will? i dont know, all i know is that like a lot of other people, i dont think it is.

anyway, even if we did have only the option to do good, we could still do all of the things that we enjoy, they would still be fun, and we would still have boredom to make us know when we were enjoy ourselves. and we would still have indifference of feeling so that we could recognise like and love. i challenge anyone to tell me that that would make me a drone. i would have choice of who to love, what subjects to study, i would lead what could easily be described as a full and varied life, without pain or suffering, without ever having to shed a tear or a single drop of blood. how is that not better!?!?!

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
When someone takes free will away from you, you then realize how righteous it is. Having been in the military and having had that done, I appreciate freedom. Maybe you have loose to realize it's importance.

But no, I don't really have the answer. Throughout this thread I've made many attempts. There are some things that only God knows, not that it is kept secret, but there are just some things are little brains can't fathom.

Like, when does forever begin?

there was a scripture I found in (other then the bible) I looked for it yesterday - but no luck. I know I have it here somewhere. When I'm done fighting politics, I'm going to hit this religious thing hard.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 36yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Cynic-Al is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
being in the military, and what i was saying about how i think the world would be without free will, are two very different things. in the military, you are told what to do every minute of the day. lack of the choice of evil would be very different, you would still be able to do the majority of things, its just that the ones that are hurtful you wouldnt be able to do. and if the universe had been built that way, no-one would think any differently, as you can't miss what you've never had. not that i think anyone would miss evil. anyway

"So Schrodinger's Cat is not only neither dead nor alive, but might also be sexually aroused by elbows and peanut butter?"
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
There is no such thing as evil, there are no right and wrongs. The purpose of life is to experiance everything. If you go down to the lowest depths of misery, than when you rise it will touch the peaks of bliss. We are here to learn, we are God, God is not only inside all of us, He is our deepest nature, and all the time He experiances life in a different form.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
There is no such thing as evil, there are no right and wrongs. The purpose of life is to experiance everything.

Do YOU really live according to that philosophy!

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 48yrs • M •
Thats what I thought. You dont. Knowbody can live that way.

35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
oh sorry I didn't come here for a while

Actually yes I do. I don't think that anyone is a bad person, and eventually it works out. There have been people whom I have had tension with, but I keep on telling myself that eveyone is essentially good and so eventually I get along with them.
A freind of mine was murdered a couple of weeks ago by two motorcyclists. It shouldn't have happened, but that doesn't make those motorcyclists bad people-disturbed maybe-evil no.

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 48yrs • M •
Isnt saying that they "maybe disturbed" individuals making a distinction between right and wrong? According to your earlier post "There is no such thing as evil, there are no right and wrongs. The purpose of life is to experiance everything." Surely according to that, they were just experiencing what it is like to murder someone. How can you call them disturbed?

You had better find out why you think they are disturbed. You see built into each one of us is a sense of right and wrong. It is undeniable!

48yrs • M •
Angel, I found this post from you recently
quote:
Anyway, don't you think that we already know that killing someone, abusing, stealing is wrong? I definately won't start stealing if I stop beleiving in God, and even if I do decide to, the poilce is strong enough to handle me. People knew what is bad and good way before religion, religion just forced people to refrain from wrongdoings.

Doesnt this contradict what you said in this thread.

41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I'm going to clear a little way here for what I see. In truth, I honestly believe that there is no right or wrong in terms of what is. To me, the essence of right or wrong action brings about it the nature of judgement. Seriously, I doubt God sits on a throne and judges right or wrong action...this would be more the role of aliens (theres a thought!). God is the inner voice that guides; but in our world of thinking, where knowledge becomes tainted, this voice is often misinterpreted and is something rather different. I do not believe we have right and wrong naturally instilled in us; what I do believe is that 'naturally' in the physical world, we wish to protect ourselves, our kids and our kind to sustain. Thus any action of right or wrong, at this level, is relative to the order of approximation to the self; e.g. compare mother stealing food for her kids to mother stealing for greed. The 'why' factor is often unkown, can be led by hurt, and could be led by any less progressive emotion that renders insufficient progress of the individual. The 'why' factor is always only really know to the individual in question. However, if you began to understand why people do things then you would see it is due to some sort of less productive emotion.

If we had the time and effort in this world to understand everybody, there would be no need for laws, we'd recognise we all have the potential to be alike. However, still stuck by the natural laws of reproduction and other human induced factors, we neglect this and substitute in laws to preserve law and order and civil society. Freedom will never prevail under this scheme, and therefore it is not right; but arguably necessary for the majority to be able to live as free as possible.

In sum, there is no right and wrong ultimately; but perhaps for the better, in thsis world, we need laws, if be they illusional, to preserve the majorities aims.

As to the original question:

i don't know why evil exists. I'd satb at something similar to a learning curve. However, this does not mean God does not exist. You will hear supposedly wise philosophers say 'I can't conceive of a God that would wish evil' However they still hold judgement in this by means of comparing what they believe is right with what they believe is not right. Why does hurt have to be a bad thing, can it not just be a thing? Or, can it not be a thing to build upon?

God is not righteousness; love is God.

""No words""
 58yrs • M •
the voice is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
evil does not exist. Evil is to be understood as a lacking of good. All that god created is good. even satan himself is good in the sense that God created him. So evil does not exist in this world as an entity, there is howerver those of us that are greatly lacking in "good" and of course satan is real and will engulf those of us that are lacking in "good"

If there's a god, why is there evil? - Page 15
  7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy