The worst pain in life is when someone you know turns into someone you knew. - sweetygirl
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

If there's a god, why is there evil? - Page 13

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
As Jesus was tempted by Satan. Hmm

In The Aquarian gospel Jesus teaches that we are a strange mixture of good and evil in constant battle with ourself.

Consider when Jesus was tempted, he knew what was to befall him. Even "The Passion" could not fully portray his suffering. Jesus knew that he was to walk right into a trap, be arrested falsly and be painfully punished and killed. Knowing this and know that he could have avoided it all. His evil self came and temped him, like you or I, when we're tempted to steal something. An actual Saten did not come to him, but that these were things that were going around in his mind.

Dispite the fact that I believe we are good and evil and that we are the fallen angels, that actually, we are saten.

Still I believe there is an evil we know very little about, and the evil we witness on this earth is the evidence. And I believe my friend who once was a son of saten who became a christian probebly knows more about this then the rest of us. But then that was many years ago, I have know idea were my friend lives, so I am unable to question him, I can only remember the things he told me.

Jesus described seasons. A time of light and a time of darkness. You have to recall, there was a period of time when Isreal was the place to go if you wanted a vacation, how has this changed? So much has changed in such a short time around the world, one must wonder about these seasons and conclude that currently we are in the dark days.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.

I think ur friend was not literally worshipping the devil, rather the bad in him, just as people worship the good in them by worshipping God.

You said a guy raping a 9 year old is evil-it is not. He probably felt bad after it. He didn't rape her just for the sake of raping her, he had a reason. Wrong yes-should be sentenced to life, but evil no.

As much as I hate George Bush, he is not evil. He didn't attack Iraq just for the sake of it, he had a reason. Suicide bombers are not evil, they don't kill just for the sake of killing.

I think if you do a wrong withought a reason, if you kill someone not because he harmed you, but just for the sake of it, that can be said to be something close to evil...

Good-bad. Ugly Beautifull, evertything has to have an opposite to exist. The opposite of pure evil=pure good. How many people have you heard of who were pure good? No one is pure evil, as everyone has some amount of good in them. In the case of okcity's satanic firend, he may have been something like pure evil because he probably enjoyed doing bad, he wouldn't have raped to satisy his urges, he would have raped for the sake of it. The opposite of this kind of people- people like jesus, Buddha, Muhammad...
But again, I think 'Evil' is too strong a word, as this satanic friend probably cud have had some mental instability

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 64yrs • M •
The man who raped the girl and buried her alive is not evil, evil made him do it, as he explained, he was sorry for her yet continued to throw dirt on top of her.

My friend, I knew him when he claimed to be the son of Saten. He was both my enemie and my friend, he always asked me to pray for him and read the bible to him because he would be scared. He had raped a prostitute and left her for dead and got away with it. He could do anything and get away with it, until he became a Christian. He became a completely different person and was soon written up for disrespect and sent to the brig.

Where you are confused is, you are believing that people are evil, what I'm trying to explain to you - you seem to think its all a joike - is that there is an evil, and it controls people, and that is why we see such evil in this world.

There may be an excuse for that girl being raped and buried alive, there be an excuse for suicide bombers, or for Bush sending us to war; there may be an excuse for Darfure, Hotel Rawanda or the death of six million jews.

Excuses are a dime a dozen, everyone has a couple, and if you don't have one, you can make one up - that's not even an argument.

35yrs • M •
Well, quite naturally when you kill someone you become all scared. Look, I asked this before, what do you mean when you say evil? Do you mean a satan like being or a evil that is inside? cuz really all this about evil controlling the world etc has no logic. Then again, this is a thread on religion

35yrs • M •
The bible contains all this about satan coming and ruling God kingdom on earth and influencing political leaders etc...but then then the Bible contains a lot of things, such as the Adam and eve bit, and I don't think you take that literally...
But anyway, atealst that thing got cleared up about people being evil

64yrs • M •
I don't really know enough about "evil" to tell you what it is. Because I really don't know.

Just because we can't understand something or can't explain something, that doesn't make it is not so.

God is no more a personage than evil is saten, but they both exist. However, to say that one is at war with other is false. God is the creator of both good and evil, why, my only answer is that it is a part of evolutionary process. I believe that the examples of the answers can be found in nature. Nature is far more complicated than any one person can understand, but we never the less respect it, and learn what we can.

As Jesus tells us in the Aquarian gospel that we are a strange mixture of good and evil, I believe Genesis has the key to this. It is because we have a knowledge that none of the other anamils have. I don't believe we got this from eating a forbidden fruit. The story is religious. In religion, everything in the physical world is connected to something in the spiritual world. To know what that is, is to know the answers. I'm afraid I don't have those answers, either. It seems that the more you learn, you realize the less you know, always discovering more questions.

There was a group who supposidly knew the secret language. I found a small reference to this group in a letter to the those who were to canonize the bible with just a fragment of the Secret Book of Mark. (From Most Holy Clement to Theodore) Calling this small fragment a fraud, in this letter he explains how that came abour and a group of Gnostics who lived 200 years after Christ died who Clement believed to be very Christian. "Nevertheless, he did not divulge the things not to be uttered, nor did he write down the hierophantic teaching of the Lord," Discribing how this group was formed.

This is why I believe the true church has already been taken up, all this is lost, and we are just stumbling through what is left.

48yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that PeteSmith is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
If there is such a thing as 'evil' is there such a thing as 'good'?

""What we do in life echoes in eternity" Maximus"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that heyjme1 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I look at this computer and I see a computer. Beyond that I, me personally, adds emotions to its...e.g. its shit or its awesome.

You can see the glass as half empty or half full (or the glass as two times too big). Its the same with good and evil. Evil is merely less good.

The key is WE as humans add value to things...it is not God that does this....good and evil are for mortal beings.

""No words""
 33yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Raptafairious is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
So what is it for IMmortal beings? Is there immortal beings in the first place?

"I'm just another person in this place, which is why its my advantage."
 41yrs • M •
Depends on how you see you being immortal. I ask the question would you really want to live forever as you are?

""No words""
 35yrs • M •
heyjme, yes I agree, concepts of 'good' and 'bad' are just human notions.
As for immortality, I think there's a lot more to that than just living infinitely.

64yrs • M •
quote:
If there is such a thing as 'evil' is there such a thing as 'good'?

I think good we understand very well. The light represents goodness, and within the light all things are seen clearly.

Evil however we do not understand. Anything we don't understand frightens us, being afraid, we may pretend it isn't there and rationalize it away.

The ARE (Association for Research and Enlightenment) has made efforts to understand evil for the very purpose that we should realize its existance, to pretend it away is dangerous, because anything you pretend away will make itself known eventually, but yet they even admit that they know very little about it.

quote:
You can see the glass as half empty or half full
It is important that you have a good attitude and see the glass as half full, but you must not forget that it is half empty. But here we are talking about attitudes of the mind. We're not talking about "If there's a god, why is there evil?"

The subject of attitudes would make a nice other thread.

41yrs • M •
quote:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
---------
"If there's a god, why is there evil?"
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
---------

Try this: God exists (let us assume at least). Evil is the perception of the workings of God in ones own, or our, mind(s).

""No words""
 64yrs • M •
I do believe there is a perception. The power of belief is very strong. There is documented evidence of this.

However - though it may believed that a strong belief might move objects. It is not known how?

For instance - does a strong believe move an object by the power of its own or does the power of belief tap into another power?

For this there is a science called paraphsycology. An answer might be found there.

41yrs • M •
Ha ha ...two lessons here

1. Not what you know but realising your own ignorance.
2. Science best works by as many hypotheses as possible.

Lets go for parasychology then. I'm skeptical on this but always open to new ideas.

So...is the process imaginery or physical? Need some good lawyers and a jury here...

""No words""
If there's a god, why is there evil? - Page 13
  7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy