Disney helped create fantasies in my gullible childish mind of beautiful lands and charming princes. Damn them. - Attolia
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

If there's a god, why is there evil? - Page 12

User Thread
 64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I think it goes further back. I believe we are the fallen angle cast down to earth.

I'm sure it was because of a decision we made.

Actually, it could very well be a part of an evolutionary process. We must first know wrong before we can know right.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Angel Of Death is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I don't know whats there to argue about, even a five year old will tell u evil, (though there is no thing in this world that is evil, wrong maybe) exists because of free will, anybody disagree?

"I'll heal ur woundz I'll set u free, I m jesus christ on xtacy"
 46yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that xanadoool is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
A five year old will tell you what ever he's programmed to. Heck! A forty five year old will tell you what he's been programmed with too!

If some of a childs first images to be correctly processed by their brain are things like, dad hunting and killing animals, or fighting and killing other people. It will be harder for that child to see killing as evil... yet we have vegans that would disagree with the whole idea.

"Always give to the left, coz the right way is the wrong way."
 64yrs • M •
Some people are very good, some people are very bad. Most of us are a little of both. I might attribute this to reincarnation, other than that, I really don't know why.

Dispite that - there is an evil. You might wonder why a person would strap a bomb on themselves and go into a crowd of people and blow themselves up. You might wonder how over 6 milion Jews were burnt up in ovens and noone did anything to stop it. You might look at Darfur, you will see evil there.

There is no species on this earth that will turn on themselves in a murdering rage, except for the most intelegent species on this earth, and that's us. This is evil. That's really all I know about it, is that it exists. I don't know why it is, how it works or even what it is. But it is.

I can tell you that in the Navy I knew a man who claimed to be the Son of Saten. His whole family worshiped Saten from the day he was born. Everyone in his amiediat family died, the last to go being his mother, scared that he would be next, he became a Christian.

I don't know if I believe all the things he told me. He said he knew many secrets and he could not tell anyone.

There is an evil in this world, and he was probebly closer than anyone else I know to understanding that evil.

The day before he was discharged he was court marshelled for disrespect. He was so happy about that. I was puzzeled, but he explained that it meant that Saten had no control over him anymore. In the past, he could kill someone and get away with it.

35yrs • M •
xanadool, I didn't say the child will tell u whats evil and whats not, only that it is almost a fact that whatever it regards as evil(even if it is a boy and girl talking), is due to free will....

Lol okcitykid, I just watched a horror movie, ur post definately didn't help!

Okcitykid, I don't think there is anything that is pure evil(not considering the fairytale satan here). I mean, the terrorist guy isn't killing just for the sake of it, he has a reason for it, perhaps for God, perhaps for his country....wrong definately, evil-not sure

"There is no species on this earth that will turn on themselves in a murdering rage, except for the most intelegent species on this earth, and that's us"
but is countries attacking itself evil? I mean a part of it depends on your perspective. America attacking Iraq may be condemned and classified as 'evil' by some, and the world trade cente bombings may be given the status of heroic by others.
see any 'bad' incident, and see that if the man kills that stranger for money, to feed his family. is that evil? wrong- definately, punishable - definately, 'evil', I don't think so.

41yrs • F •
A CTL of 1 means that rancidkitty26 is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
in my opinion, good can not exist without evil, with every action there is an equal and OPOSITE reaction......therefor one simply can not exist without the other

"we are the music makers, and we, are the dreamers of dreams"
 35yrs • M •
taoteching is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
If there is a god so to speak...the most probable reason for evil would be to keep an equal flux of forces within the metaphysical or psychical world. When you think of only good, evil rises...evil/good can be explained with simple quantum psychics; with every action there is an equal or opposite reaction...always seeking balance.

"to hold the abyss in ones nature torn, and thus grace wisdom with its horns"
 64yrs • M •
It is evil that causes the innocent to die.

35yrs • M •
taoteching is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
When you say 'innocent to die' you naturally conjure thoughts of evil as the means of their deaths, everything is just a perception that opens a door for another perception, and the chain goes on...nature isn't benevolent nor is it evil, it just is... in my opinion suffering enters when we as humans try to control nature and thus break the natural order of things, but when we are close to the Tao or God, we are at peace and such acts are not needed in or day to day life's.

it is evil that cause the innocent to labeled "innocent", and vise versa.

"to hold the abyss in ones nature torn, and thus grace wisdom with its horns"
 41yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Fairy Boy is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
How could Satan have committed sin?
If sin is of free will where did this original sin come from something had to have had an external influence on Satan to 'tempt' him into being proud and selfish etc... Etc...

If god is ying then what is yang what if there is an equally powerful omnipotent evil in existence everything has a balance look at the fundamental building blocks of matter itself and you will see this..

""Veritatem quaere et insaniam inveni""
 35yrs • M •
everything is God. The opposite eof God is also God.

okcitykid, again, try to understand, if someone God forbid killed your loved one, and you killed the murdrer, is that evil? wrong it may be, you should have gone to the police, but evil-no.

64yrs • M •
When it happens far far away it is a mistake.

When it happens across the street, it is evil.

Today I read this disturbing story about a 9 year old girl who had been repeadadly raped and kept in a closet.

For fear (he might get caught) He placed her in a plstic bag and burried her alive.

It disturbed him so that she never tried to resist, always did as he told her to and let him bury her without complaint. Yet he continued to throw dirt on top of her as she clenched a stuffed toy. I bet he believed in evil. He claimed that the police searched every trailer except his.

If you was that little girl, you think you might believe in evil then.

I wonder if maybe death to her was a relief, or, maybe, she could not believe that this was happening. Just like you refuse to believe in evil.

"Forgive us our traspasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. "

35yrs • M •
First things first, what is evil? both in terms of dictionary and your own thoughts

72yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that cturtle is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
quote:
How could Satan have committed sin?
If sin is of free will where did this original sin come from something had to have had an external influence on Satan to 'tempt' him into being proud and selfish etc... Etc...
You present an interesting aspect which I haven't seen put into words but has been hinted at? The guy [Brady Bunch] with the pool & I were discussing the Bible on an occasions when I stated that GOD never decieves anyone, to which he pointed out an OT scripture where GOD asks for one to go and decieve some person?
This quite floored me as I stood there with my mouth agape!
So Satan who is called the beautiful angel, can only tempt man to do his bidding?
Whose bidding, Satan's or the willfulness of the man / woman?
Other than the concept of Satan leading the revolt in heaven, what sin did he perform? Was this in truth his willfulness or GOD's command?
quote:
Just something I looked at in my journey of life.

Consider that the Bible states that we are tested => tempted. As Jesus was tempted by Satan. Hmm . . . was this the angelic Satan, who in physical form came to Jesus & tempted him
quote:
Matt. 16:21-23
or was it in the spirit (of his flesh) that temptation arose
quote:
Matt. 4:9-10
as it is written not what enters the mouth that defiles a man but what comes out (of his heart) which defiles him (self)?

"Terrorist or tyrant, few may come to the Truth that both are poor choice."
[  Edited by cturtle at   ]
 35yrs • M •
It appears to me that this satan and Adam stuff is pretty complicated. Interseting question how cud satan have committed a sin. But it seems to me when reading about satan etc that someone is teaching a five year old, because obviously all this can't be so simpe. It all appears to be hobscotch and all messed up and confused to me

If there's a god, why is there evil? - Page 12
  7    8    9    10    11    12    13    14    15  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy