Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

If there's a god, why is there evil? - Page 5

User Thread
 43yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Crimson_Saint is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
"We know that there is evil, the question is why."
Because an even greater amount of good will arise from it in ways we cannot understand

"AIDS is God's way of sending Catholics to heaven."
 35yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Dugbug is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Good, then we should talk about that and not sit there and read how evil came about from the bible.

"If the opposite of Pro is Con, then is the opposite of Progress, Congress?"
 44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that stealph is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
People think of evil and good in their own concepts of what they are, deriving an idea of the two by their own experiences and what they have read. God is perfect, faith in Him what you need to believe that is true. We can not phathom in our greatest attempts why God did what he did, or what God intends to do with what he created.

Good and Evil will exsist because God said it will and we can not do anything about it. To question God's all power, all knowing and perfection is futile because God's perfection is not even on the same scale as ours. A perfect man in our sight is as a filthy rag compared to God: remembering the belief that God is the creator of man.

The Bible says, Isa 64:6 But we are all as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses [are] as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

The ultimate factor is belief and faith in God.

35yrs • M •
Once again, The question is not HOW? good and evil came about but WHY?. We aren't saying WILL evil last, we are asking WHY does god want it to last.

44yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that stealph is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
U can never figure out why good and evil are here, they just are.

It is a waste of time to even try to figure out why God created them because God is not to be questioned. Everything God wanted us to know about good and evil is in the Bible. (www.blueletterbible.com) Great Source!

HUGE HOWEVER< THE BIG HOWEVER:::: Thats if you believe and have faith in God and His word. The God of Abraham, Issac and Jacob; THE LORD Jesus Christ. If you dont believe in Jesus you will probably disagree with almost everything I say about evil, truth, God and all aspects of the three.

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
The way I understand the reason why is that evil is the fertilizer that helps us mature into wisdom.

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 50yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that GreenWeed is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
For a different point of view.... Don't go to this site...

I read through this site and it almost sucked me in. It is very believable. They say they are not Satanists but I think they are. I think Satan himself made this website.

http://www.minitru.org/llf/

Satan is alive and well and thriving on the internet, I should know, I had cybersex with him last night.
just kidding

"I will not persist! I've had it!"
 38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Mr. Humble is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
I didn't read *all* of the replys on this thread, but I think I know what you guys are all getting at. To change the direction of the subject slightly, who is to say what is bad or evil? The way I see it is there are only different points of veiw. eg. If you could go back in time to when Hitler was born, could you kill him while he was still young, "before" he ever did anything wrong. (I put before in quotes because tecnicaly he didn't do it yet but he had a %100 chance of doing it in the future, so it's as good as done) If you said that was evil, what would you have said if you were Jewish? Would it still be wrong? Would saving millions of Jews lives be evil if you had to sacrafice one life? Hmm.... Something to marinate on.

""How do you know we exist? Maybe we don't exist." -Vivi FF9"
 38yrs • M •
One more thing! Do you think Hitler thought what he was doing was wrong? Through his eyes, he was doing humanity a favour by creating a master race. Who's to say his point of veiw is more correct than yours or mine?

64yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that okcitykid is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Mr. Humble - that is a whole new debate - I would create a new thread for that one.

Concerning this right and wrong thing - My point of view has changed during my years on this earth, I imagine it will change some more : )

"A fool says I know and a wise man says I wonder."
 54yrs • M •
Storm is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
that link about aleins and their existance in EARTH IS THE BIGGEST BUNCH OF CRAP i have evry read. who ever wrote this needs tobe shot, brought back to life and shot again. it is so far fetched and backed by the most fucked up quotes ever

38yrs • M •
Ha! You know what is funny? I just now read some of the earlier posts (pg. 2 or 3) and realised that God *did* make us perfect (Adam and Eve) but we screwed it up because we were'nt content with everything perfect, we thought there was more to it. That is, after all, what the serpent promised eve with the forbiden fruit "the knowledge of God".

35yrs • M •
They weren't perfect.. they were stupid, do you think that is being perfect?

38yrs • M •
Hmf! Well, according to the bible, Adam was created in the image of God and *was* perfect. After he sined he became imperfect. And besides, wouldn't you like to know what God knows? That is what was promised to him with the fruit. Also I'm sure that Adam and Eve were pretty guillible because they had not experienced deciet before that time. Hmm...

34yrs • M •
LiMpKiD is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
if you think about it there is no right or wrong beacus rite an wrong are all prespectives on what your doin ex: the notzies though they wer doing the ight thing,9/11 they thought they wer doing the right thing so write and wrong are mearly whatever you whant to belive it is so there is no bad or good beacus in there eyes there both good and both bad beacusthey see no wrong in what thier doing and wll thats it...

If there's a god, why is there evil? - Page 5
  1    2    3    4    5    6    7    8    9  
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy