The flower which is single need not envy the thorns that are numerous. - Rabindranath Tagore
Captain Cynic Guides
Administrative Contact
Talk Talk
Philosophy Forum
Religion Forum
Psychology Forum
Science & Technology Forum
Politics & Current Events Forum
Health & Wellness Forum
Sexuality & Intimacy Forum
Product Reviews
Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

I mostly don't feel that good! Why is this so?

User Thread
 37yrs • M •
manuel14 is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
This is quite a complex subject but I'm going to try to brief my current situation.

I am a 27 year old single guy. I've been working in a bank for the past year and I've always been a very hard working individual. I always had the aim to go to live on my own and since I finished my studies I always worked hard to set some money aside to make this step in my life. I have always shown my personal qualities including that of being a trustworthy employee and because of this I always had a very good rapport with my ex and present bosses.

I do have clear goals. I work hard to achieve some of these goals. However, although people around me may take the impression that I'm the 'Happy Guy' because I have these good qualities, I don't feel happy most of the time.

First of all I don't view things like most of the people do. I consider myself as being a bit more complex. I think that we're living in a system which everyone is being manipulated and forced to live a life which doesn't belong to us! I believe that things should be taught differently and that this eagerness for money should be eliminated/minimised through proper education. Further to this, I don't feel I fit really well in this society. But as a human being I feel the need to feel acknowledged. Therefore at the back of my mind I still feel the need to have a nice car, to have a functioning social life (which I currently don't have) and to be in line to what society/media have set out to be as 'normal'.

When I look in the mirror I'm not sure whether I'm looking to someone who's being realistic or negative. Either way, the point is that I never seem to be happy. Most of the time I do feel anxious, worried and thinking of what I can actually do in order to feel better. Well, as I have already mentioned I'm already working on some of my goals. I am taking classes to get qualified in the area of 3D-Design (since I know this could actually lead to a job which relates to one of my passions), working hard to buy and furnish my own place, etc. However, I consider myself as being quite an introverted person. People do exhaust me and having the jobs I currently have are making my days quite a challenge. In fact, I end up spending my free time alone in my room with the door closed. Somehow I feel comfortable in isolating myself. Because of this I lead myself into having no social life. Well I don't know exactly whether this is a result of all the social exhaustion I'm experiencing on a daily basis but this is something which is truly influencing me negatively. Furthermore, I'm not the kind of guy who likes to hang out with a large group of people who like to do crazy things. I prefer to have a small group of friends (5-6) who enjoy simple activities such as trekking, picnics, campings, movie/game nights. etc. I don't really enjoy clubs anymore.

Basically the above briefly explains what my current state is, what I'm actually going through and also what I'm after! I would appreciate if anyone can express his/her opinion of how I can actually feel better. The fact that I'm in the wrong job, have no social life and that the way I view things may not be the ideal one does make life a very big challenge for me. I would appreciate a lot if I can hear some serious suggestions.

Thanks in advance for anyone who will take the time

32yrs • M •
anatayGrande is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
Ok, you might be an introvert. You get your energy back by being alone or being with a selective group of friends.

As for you not feeling that good. Ask yourself this: the goals you have for yourself, do you really want to have those as your goals?

What activity/activities makes/make you feel uplifted or happy? Try learning new stuff by reading/watching stuff. Try to experience other kinds of environments by actually changing your environment, or just by immersing yourself with fantasy by reading stories or watching movies/shows...

Maybe all you need is a new experience..

"boredom is worse than death"
 60yrs • M •
all4114all is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
The reply above is very good, I would only add, here's a hug from someone who's been there.

About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy