Stories & Poetry Forum
Art Forum
Movie/TV Reviews
Jokes & Games
Photos, Videos & Music Forum

10 year old touching

User Thread
 57yrs • M •
Madfather is new to Captain Cynic and has less than 15 posts. New members have certain restrictions and must fill in CAPTCHAs to use various parts of the site.
10 year old touching
Hello everybody,
I am new here but I have a serious question to ask. Our 10 year old son had his friend over last Sunday and his 10 year old friend suggested to play "truth or dare". His friend immediately dared him to touch his penis as I walked in. They were under a blanket fully clothed but the friend had his pants down a couple of inches with the zipper down.
The parents are in full denial and he is a popular kid and could make his life hell, especially at school.
At ten years old, could this kid easily grow up to be a pedophile? Is he a risk for other kids?
My question is: Do we handle it ourselves, properly and within just our family or do the authorities need to be notified? We don't know if we should go to the guidance councilor at school or not either.
Please help, we don't know what we should do!
Dan

64yrs • M
A CTL of 1 means that Hobbes Choice is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
Kids experiment and test boundaries.
They are soon to enter in the adult world. You should start to treat them as adults, and give them the same sort of response that you would an adult doing the same thing.
This has nothing whatever to do with paedophilia..
Tell em off!
Give them both a lecture on appropriate behaviour.

"should we handle it ourselves?" err... are you kidding?
Hands Off!
Seriously though - yes as parents you have a duty of care to bring up your child to act as a responsible individual.
If you draw a blank with the other kid's parents then break off the friendship if the boy is doing stuff you think is wrong, but let you own child know exactly why.

As a responsible parent I assume that you have told your child all about sex, love and reproduction?
No time is too early. I was told as soon as I could speak. And I passed that on to my own son.

38yrs • M •
A CTL of 1 means that Sreru is a contributing member of Captain Cynic.
It's such a taboo subject - I would only concern myself if you think the other child is abusive, psychotic or in some way would hurt your child. And you should just explain and inform your own about private parts, sex, all that sort of stuff.

How can a 10 year old be a pedophile?

10 year old touching
About Captain Cynic
Common FAQ's
Captain Cynic Guides
Contact Us
Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
General Forum Rules
Cynic Trust Levels
Administrative Contact Forum
Registration
Lost Password
General Discussion
Philosophy Forums
Psychology Forums
Health Forums
Quote Submissions
Promotions & Links
 Captain Cynic on Facebook
 Captain Cynic on Twitter
 Captain Cynic RSS Feed
 Daily Tasker
Copyright © 2011 Captain Cynic All Rights Reserved.   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy